Marsh talk me down | Syracusefan.com

Marsh talk me down

BRNCUSEFRVCUSE

Owns B-Reese
You keep telling me to have thick skin, and i realize being so many talking heads in the media, and ppl who have thier opinions not every person can have the same opinion.

However everything i hear is how vunerable we our, and were the weakest #1 seed, and how tough of a bracket we have and everybody worshiping at the feet of Vanderbilt and FSU. And it seems like just because we had a bad half in our confrence tourny game vs cincy everybody has forgotten about our 30-1 regular season.

I dont hear anything but postive about Uk, Unc, and mich st

about how young and imature uk can be and the used car salesman they have for a coach, or the henson injury for unc and that they defensively can be very hit and miss, or mich st the dawson injury which is big and how they must only rely of draymond greene.

Why have ppl forgotten on what we accomplished in the regular season. Or was the loss in the BET to CINCY some serious flaws were revealed that ppl jumped off our wagon which i didnt see any other than a bad first half and having to play catch up and we didnt get it done this time

It is pretty hard for me or any other Cuse fan to have thick skin

Sports has become an overreaction, look only at the latest 5 minutes, world. I think whether we like the analysts or not, the constant media coverage, web pages, and word from so many pundits seeps into our heads. Being able to read 100 articles on line, and 25 analysts overanalyzing and overreacting to everything every night makes people question their own judgements. Win a game and you're the best, lose a game you're a bum -- all until the next game when it starts all over again.

A team goes from unstoppable to a team with a lot of holes (KY, SU), where a 10 loss team that wins a conf tourney suddenly becomes a pick for the Final Four. Throw in the parity and it changes week to week. One of the strengths of good coaches is how they ignore all of this stuff and see the big picture and not go crazy on 1 game in either direction.

I'm sure everything will look a lot different after Friday night, when we're down to 32. Some "sexy picks" won't be alive after one game.

I'm sure everything will look a lot different after Friday night, when we're down to 32. Some "sexy picks" won't be alive after one game.

It's why momentum is a dumb word in the world of sports. You only have momentum until one bad thing happens. It means nothing after the tip off.

Dude, you really do need to chill. First of all, you are wrong. Every analyst is not against Syracuse, and they aren't being singled out. I've already heard numerous people call MSU the weakest 1 seed, I've seen people predicting they will lose to Memphis in Round 2. The problem is, you have selective listening. You are LOOKING for reasons to feel disrespected, and I'm honestly not sure why that is, but you need to get a grip.

Analysts are paid to have opinions. Those opinions don't have to agree with yours. The sudden love for FSU and Vandy are strictly a result of them winning their conference tourneys and beating UNC and UK to do it. So now they've become the sexy pick. If Syracuse had rolled through the BET, then people would be calling us the most dangerous 1 seed because we're the only elite team that actually won our tournament. But that didn't happen, so it is what it is. The FACT is that for close to two months now, Syracuse has looked completely vulnerable. They've squeaked by mediocre teams, they haven't shot the ball well in I don't know how long, and they really haven't had the look of a team that is 31-2. It's not that hard to see why people are predicting a flop in the tournament.

Most imporantly, you need to realize that NOTHING any of these guys say MATTERS. The games are played on the court. Syracuse will determine how far they will go in the tournament - not Gottlieb, Digger Phelps, Steve Phillips, or anyone else. Just JB and the players on the team. Either they will win, or they won't, and nothing anyone says will change that. If they win, they will get the respect they deserve. If they don't, then maybe they didn't deserve it in the first place.

If it bothers you that much, just stop watching the analysts. Stop torturing yourself, relax, and in 3 days sit down and enjoy the game. Then enjoy every one SU plays after that - hopefully there are 6 more to go.

You keep telling me to have thick skin, and i realize being so many talking heads in the media, and ppl who have thier opinions not every person can have the same opinion.

However everything i hear is how vunerable we our, and were the weakest #1 seed, and how tough of a bracket we have and everybody worshiping at the feet of Vanderbilt and FSU. And it seems like just because we had a bad half in our confrence tourny game vs cincy everybody has forgotten about our 30-1 regular season.

about how young and imature uk can be and the used car salesman they have for a coach, or the henson injury for unc and that they defensively can be very hit and miss, or mich st the dawson injury which is big and how they must only rely of draymond greene.

Why have ppl forgotten on what we accomplished in the regular season. Or was the loss in the BET to CINCY some serious flaws were revealed that ppl jumped off our wagon which i didnt see any other than a bad first half and having to play catch up and we didnt get it done this time

Because that is what the media does. They latch onto teams like Vandy and Florida State and ride the coattails of their success over the weekend to thinking they have a chance to knock off a top seed. Is anyone surprised to see people picking FSU/Vandy as their conference finals? I'm not.

We were going to get nitpicked even if we won the BET. That's just how it works. If Hensons injury is serious it will get talked about. If Uconn plays Kentucky it will get talked about. If Michigan state ends up facing Memphis it will get talked about.

You must not be watching the right shows. Seth Davis has us in his FF. Jeff Goodman from CBS College TV gave us rave reviews last ngiht.

The regular season means dick right now and given our past performances in the NCAAS post 2003 I cant say I blame people for being apprehensive. We need to shut people up and the only way to do that is win games.

Stop watching ESPN!!!!

You're getting a lot of very good advice here. The next time you see or hear something that bothers you, go back and read this thread again. Eventually you'll understand. But it may take a while, so don't sweat it. Good luck and enjoy the tournament.

Man up, Nancy-boy.

Also, lay back, close your eyes, relax, take a nap, and grow a set!!!!

SU.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom