Marshall Street Alternative | Syracusefan.com

Marshall Street Alternative

shandeezy7

Living Legend
Prior experience with huge Saturday night games like this lead me to believe Marshall Street is going to be a disaster pre-game this weekend. Is Armory Square a good alternative? Never been down there for a pre-game before. Looking for a decent SU atmosphere, minus waiting a half hour for a beer/having drinks spilled on me/elbowing people in the ribs.

Armory Square is always good.

shandeezy7 said:
Prior experience with huge Saturday night games like this lead me to believe Marshall Street is going to be a disaster pre-game this weekend. Is Armory Square a good alternative? Never been down there for a pre-game before. Looking for a decent SU atmosphere, minus waiting a half hour for a beer/having drinks spilled on me/elbowing people in the ribs.

Dome backcourt. Doam foam will be flowing

shandeezy7 said:
Haha I should have also clarified that I prefer somewhere that doesn't have watered down $7 beers.

Watered down? Man they have pounders in the backcourt. All flavors!

The Palace Theatre is showing the game for free...when ur done just stumble down to my place. I won't be there, but there is plenty of beer in my fridge and a gallon of milk for cereal (I have Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Frosted Cheerios) - it's all yours. Door is never locked.

I second the recommendation for J Ryans - best beer bar in Syracuse in terms of selection and price. Blue Tusk prices leave something to be desired. The food is not great IMHO though at J Ryans - wings are acceptable. Marshall street bars are for young folks looking to get drunk.

The Palace Theatre is showing the game for free...when ur done just stumble down to my place. I won't be there, but there is plenty of beer in my fridge and a gallon of milk for cereal (I have Cinnamon Toast Crunch and Frosted Cheerios) - it's all yours. Door is never locked.
Address?:D

Yeah definitely a favorite of mine. Will just need to figure out a way up to the Dome.

If the weather's good, I'd walk. In fact, I did, as recently as after the Carolina game. With heavy traffic on the Hill, it's often the fastest option.

If the weather's good, I'd walk. In fact, I did, as recently as after the Carolina game. With heavy traffic on the Hill, it's often the fastest option.

I'd have no problem walking up with my buddy. It's the two lovely ladies we will be with that I'm not so sure about!

I'd have no problem walking up with my buddy. It's the two lovely ladies we will be with that I'm not so sure about!

There's the obstacle. Footwear + snowy sidewalks = unhappy companions.

Maybe check out a Connective Corridor schedule? The weekend headways are a little longer, but it stops like two blocks from J. Ryan's and it's free.

There's the obstacle. Footwear + snowy sidewalks = unhappy companions.

Maybe check out a Connective Corridor schedule? The weekend headways are a little longer, but it stops like two blocks from J. Ryan's and it's free.

Not a bad suggestion

Address?