Marvin Graves Week | Syracusefan.com

Marvin Graves Week

Let's take a minute to correct the name of the video. The repeated late hits out of bounds on Graves led to the brawl. I love how WVU fans choose to ignore that.

I loved the touchdown catch that Gedney made of the pass that was intended for a WR (Ismail ?)in the back of the endzone.

Greatest quarterback in Syracuse football history.

One of my most prized possessions is still the signed authentic white SU jersey I have from 1992.

Greatest quarterback in Syracuse football history.

One of my most prized possessions is still the signed authentic white SU jersey I have from 1992.

I'm jealous. That's my favorite team. I'm a little too young to really appreciate the '87 team. I still have the highlight video that they sold for the '92 season.

Justice was served that day -- in a plastic cup. :cool:

Marvin should be an honorary captain Friday.

Not sure if Marvin being a captain would be a distraction or not. It's certainly funny as hell. I'd like to see a video highlight reel of MG on the "big" screens before the game.

Not sure if Marvin being a captain would be a distraction or not. It's certainly funny as hell. I'd like to see a video highlight reel of MG on the "big" screens before the game.

That would work too.

Marvin should be an honorary captain Friday.

I wonder how many of them would even remember. Remember when we played them in 1998? They were ranked, we were ranked, night game on ESPN in Morgantown. And the greatest fan base in the Big East had at least 20,000 empty seats in the upper deck.

Rich Rod reinvented so much of their dwindling fanbase in the later Nehlen years.
Can't wait until Marrone (and our Athletic Department pricing practices for good seats) does the same for us.

I'm jealous. That's my favorite team. I'm a little too young to really appreciate the '87 team. I still have the highlight video that they sold for the '92 season.

same

I actually was a Syracuse fan since I was a kid (and grew up in Michigan), having absolutely no connections to the school or the city.

I was in middle school and as a reward for good grades, my parents brought me up for a game. I got the jersey at Manny's and one of the people that worked there said the team would be practicing soon so we went down to the Dome, waited for the team bus, and I got Marvin's autograph.

-1.jpg

I actually was a Syracuse fan since I was a kid (and grew up in Michigan), having absolutely no connections to the school or the city.

I was in middle school and as a reward for good grades, my parents brought me up for a game. I got the jersey at Manny's and one of the people that worked there said the team would be practicing soon so we went down to the Dome, waited for the team bus, and I got Marvin's autograph.

-1.jpg

Nice! I'm happy to say that I have a football with Dwight Freeney's autograph that I got after the 2001 spring game. I was able to tell him that I thought he was gonna tear it his senior year. I guess I was a prophet.
The '92 season had so many memories. Ismail taking that pitch against East Carolina for a touchdown, Graves's crazy game against Rutgers, the 3 yard line catch against Miami and Conley playing like a stud picking off Gino Overrated twice, and beating a loaded Colorado team to win the Fiesta Bowl and finish top 5. Oh those were the days.

Nice! I'm happy to say that I have a football with Dwight Freeney's autograph that I got after the 2001 spring game. I was able to tell him that I thought he was gonna tear it his senior year. I guess I was a prophet.
The '92 season had so many memories. Ismail taking that pitch against East Carolina for a touchdown, Graves's crazy game against Rutgers, the 3 yard line catch against Miami and Conley playing like a stud picking off Gino Overrated twice, and beating a loaded Colorado team to win the Fiesta Bowl and finish top 5. Oh those were the days.

My mother worked at the local Fox affiliate, she had them dial up the SU-Miami game on one of their satellite dishes and I watched it at the TV station. Ugh, 3 yard line.

I wonder how many of them would even remember. Remember when we played them in 1998? They were ranked, we were ranked, night game on ESPN in Morgantown. And the greatest fan base in the Big East had at least 20,000 empty seats in the upper deck.

Rich Rod reinvented so much of their dwindling fanbase in the later Nehlen years.
Can't wait until Marrone (and our Athletic Department pricing practices for good seats) does the same for us.

West Virginia fans under the age of 30 have no idea who Marvin Graves was. I went to WVU for the game three years ago and ended up talking with some older fans about great WVU-Syracuse games...the younger fans were incredulous that there was even a "rivalry" between the two schools. All they knew was Syracuse was a tomato can they got to kick around once a year.

But its a good point on attendance, it bugs me when I see ACC fans harping on what poor attendance Syracuse has for football. Pretty sure that any school that goes through the last 10 years that Syracuse did will have poor attendance. West Virginia was having trouble, and they were still a reasonable compeditive team year in, year out. IF we get back to wining we'll draw fine...if we don't we'll still draw better than Duke (and a few others, but I'm too lazy to look up now).

come from behind win against Texassss in the dome was another good one

come from behind win against Texassss in the dome was another good one

Good win. Reminds me of after the game at Chucks, was with friends and for some reason was doing the hook em horns sign and a dude with pressed jeans, big belt buckle, and a cowboy hat came up behind and said "This is how ya do it son" then walked away. Good times.

"Orange and blue in 92" love it but " on a mission" is the best!
" if, if and buts were candy and nuts then everyday would be Christmas"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom