Maryland game | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland game

Really though, if we can't get 40 000 for the biggest game all year. Syracuse is a joke.

It really pissed me off seeing Rutgers who we always bash on here have an awesome crowd. We really need to support the team, ill be there.

Biggest game all year. Edsal will want to win this one so bad, Maryland will be hungry after a close loss,, they want to give the middle finger to the ACC and Syracuse. Come on and out and be loud. We will need the home crowd in order to win this game.

After dominating Maryland last year, they think it should be an easy win. Hate seeing SU's reputation dragged through the mud by opponent schools. Just disregarding reality.

Maryland was playing last year with a LB playing QB. They lost 4 QB's and the LB'er was their 5th. Lets not get crazy

Really though, if we can't get 40 000 for the biggest game all year. Syracuse is a joke.

It really pissed me off seeing Rutgers who we always bash on here have an awesome crowd. We really need to support the team, ill be there.

Biggest game all year. Edsal will want to win this one so bad, Maryland will be hungry after a close loss,, they want to give the middle finger to the ACC and Syracuse. Come on and out and be loud. We will need the home crowd in order to win this game.

I can't saying anything about people not showing up cause it's highly unlikely i'll be there. However using Rutgers last night as a benchmark is silly. First game ever in the Big Ten against a regional power (who likely put 10-15k in the stands) when you're in a metro area of about 18 million, have a student enrollment of 59k, and 66% of your alumni live within an hour's drive.

How did SU do when PSU came to the Dome or for it's first ever ACC home game?

If SU has 40k for MD at home i'd call it a really solid crowd.

I can't saying anything about people not showing up cause it's highly unlikely i'll be there. However using Rutgers last night as a benchmark is silly. First game ever in the Big Ten against a regional power (who likely put 10-15k in the stands) when you're in a metro area of about 18 million, have a student enrollment of 59k, and 66% of your alumni live within an hour's drive.

I'm also pretty sure 1/5 of those tickets were Penn state fans.

SU had a great atmosphere for NOVA. I think they shot themselves in the foot when they weren't able to roll. We'll see.

Our first game in the ACC was not even a sellout. Close but it wasnt...

A team in the CFL gets almost 40 000 for there games, CFL! Come on. This team is better, there is no excuse. I hate seeing silver at the dome, I'm sure it turns good recruits away. Why play infront of 35 when you can play infront of 100 000...

Maryland was playing last year with a LB playing QB. They lost 4 QB's and the LB'er was their 5th. Lets not get crazy
Except CJ Brown was playing against SU. Diggs was out, though. The running game and the passing game should be better for SU this year. Wes Brown sat last game vs. WVU for UM. Not sure if he's nursing an injury. Contain Diggs somehow, neutralize him in STs (which Dixon is good enough to do), and I don't see why SU couldn't win by the same 17pt margin.

Except CJ Brown was playing against SU. Diggs was out, though. The running game and the passing game should be better for SU this year. Wes Brown sat last game vs. WVU for UM. Not sure if he's nursing an injury. Contain Diggs somehow, neutralize him in STs (which Dixon is good enough to do), and I don't see why SU couldn't win by the same 17pt margin.
should be similar gameplan is last year blitz the crap out of brown

should be similar gameplan is last year blitz the crap out of brown
He was really confused last year. Got a lot of pressure on him and he's pretty idiotic. Don't really remember why he had such a poor day running, but they were really, really underwhelming.

CanadianSU said:
Really though, if we can't get 40 000 for the biggest game all year. Syracuse is a joke. It really pissed me off seeing Rutgers who we always bash on here have an awesome crowd. We really need to support the team, ill be there. Biggest game all year. Edsal will want to win this one so bad, Maryland will be hungry after a close loss,, they want to give the middle finger to the ACC and Syracuse. Come on and out and be loud. We will need the home crowd in order to win this game.

Go bark up another tree. Tired of hearing about syracuse fans. Our biggest problem with attendance is people not in syracuse. There's no program without the locals.

rrlbees said:
Go bark up another tree. Tired of hearing about syracuse fans. Our biggest problem with attendance is people not in syracuse. There's no program without the locals.

Huh? So everyone in Syracuse attends every game?

The hard core fans have been doing their duty for years - but there are tons of fair weather fans who don't show up - but for the FSU and Clemson games.

Bad vibes? I've probably been one of the more positive people on this board after the game yesterday. The fact is, it's time for the team to step up, at home, in a big spot if they want to get the Dome to be the place we all know it can be.

And I don't know what a Moriarity is.
Here ya go. One of my fav movies. ;)

TheCusian said:
Huh? So everyone in Syracuse attends every game? The hard core fans have been doing their duty for years - but there are tons of fair weather fans who don't show up - but for the FSU and Clemson games.

Reread my post. Then go complain to them. I'll be waiting for the motor homes to roll down 81 Friday night.

Yeah. There is no Alabama program without the locals. The locals that show up are great...

Just not many show up. Do you think people are coming in droves from all around the country to watch lets say Baylor? Or Ole miss? I disagree whenever I'm there all I hear around town is how we are going to go 2-10 every year... Or Basketball Onlys yapping about How there going to smash Cornell. That is all I here, never any interest surrounding a good acc football team.

Huh? So everyone in Syracuse attends every game?

The hard core fans have been doing their duty for years - but there are tons of fair weather fans who don't show up - but for the FSU and Clemson games.
Stop sucking in big games then.

CanadianSU said:
Yeah. There is no Alabama program without the locals. The locals that show up are great... Just not many show up. Do you think people are coming in droves from all around the country to watch lets say Baylor? Or Ole miss? I disagree whenever I'm there all I hear around town is how we are going to go 2-10 every year... Or Basketball Onlys yapping about How there going to smash Cornell. That is all I here, never any interest surrounding a good acc football team.

Alabama draws from around the state, not just Tuscaloosa. And the school is twice the size. SU's problem is not locals. But it's become pretty much a locals attendance only. And I don't fault the locals who don't go anymore. Like I've shown several times, every decision we make is not for the local. I don't care where you live, until you come to most every game, you have no complaint. You must think 110000 people frm happy valley go to PedSt games.

Bad vibes? I've probably been one of the more positive people on this board after the game yesterday. The fact is, it's time for the team to step up, at home, in a big spot if they want to get the Dome to be the place we all know it can be.

And I don't know what a Moriarity is.
Professor Moriaty is Sherlock Holmes' skeptical sidekick.

rrlbees said:
Reread my post. Then go complain to them. I'll be waiting for the motor homes to roll down 81 Friday night.

So it's motor home from the great population centers of northern NY like Lowville and not the massive amounts of people within a half hour?

Winning will cure all ills. People from all over will be back. If we beat Maryland and ND - FSU will be a sellout. Motor homes and all.

TheCusian said:
So it's motor home from the great population centers of northern NY like Lowville and not the massive amounts of people within a half hour?

Yea, that's it. Lol.

I'm fascinated by the attendence issue and always happy to read a good attendence thread but the truth is we're not gonna get back to packed Domes until we win with regularity

It's embarrassing but at least we're heading the right direction

I'm hoping we get a legit 40K on sat

Moriaty is his arch enemy. Watson is his sidekick.
my bad
BTW, the last Sherlock Holmes movie stunk , almost as bad as the Lone Ranger remake debacle. I suppose that 20 years from now they will be screwing up Spiderman, etc

my bad
BTW, the last Sherlock Holmes movie stunk , almost as bad as the Lone Ranger remake debacle. I suppose that 20 years from now they will be screwing up Spiderman, etc
The movie's not what you should be watching. The british television show with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman is one of the best shows on TV.

The "KIDS FREE" promotion will help but attendance won't be good. Late September, decent weather, and lots of family's will be at Saturday Morning soccer games and such with their kids. 12:30 start is tough in September for family's (hence the KIDS FREE promotion)

The announced attendance will be decent, the actual bodies in seats will be lackluster

Sell out Guaranteed now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom