Maryland game | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Maryland game

Go bark up another tree. Tired of hearing about syracuse fans. Our biggest problem with attendance is people not in syracuse. There's no program without the locals.

Tell 'em Bees.

My crew is 25-30 locals, not 1 alum. I worked with 3 SU alums and they never went to the games, not even the big ones.

I hope our faculty and staff giveaway does better than it did for NC State when we played them last year. That's how I got my ticket for a game where yiu could hear crickets.

Tell 'em Bees.

My crew is 25-30 locals, not 1 alum. I worked with 3 SU alums and they never went to the games, not even the big ones.
The alums only go to basketball games right? Rhetorical question lol

Meh. I'm an alum and go to games. But I'm a local too.

How about we win vs. Maryland and ND? Rest of the season might be packed.

The 5 QBs in a season thing was 2012. Of course, Diggs and Brown missed the game last year.

I recall Brown playing last year. I think it was his first or second game back. He was intercepted a couple of times and sacked three or four times.

Or am I remembering incorrectly in my old age?

Cheers,
Neil

I recall Brown playing last year. I think it was his first or second game back. He was intercepted a couple of times and sacked three or four times.

Cheers,
Neil

You're correct.

21/40 for 211 yards 0 TD's 2 Int's - QBR rating: 6.0
15 carries for 5 yards - Longest run of 14 yards

Crazy stat from the game: We had 12 penalties for 115 yards to their 2 penalties for 10 yards.

Why play infront of 35 when you can play infront of 100 000...

Because the reality is only a small number of the top of the top players actually play at the places with 100k. Most end up riding the pine (Ishaq, Ebo, others i'm forgetting) until later in their career (if then) whereby they can come to an SU, get on the field early, develop by actually playing in games, and turn into a Chandler Jones or Justin Pugh or Shamarko Thomas, etc.

Zaire Franklin and Ron Thomson come to mind as players who fit this line of thinking. Both could have gone to bigger and better but do you really think they'd be seeing this much PT and development at one of the factories? I don't...

Cheers,
Neil
Oops. I meant Wes Brown.

The movie's not what you should be watching. The british television show with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman is one of the best shows on TV.
Thanks, will do.

I'll be coming up from NYC for the Maryland game and throwing in a chance to visit with my many family members in the area and a couple of others who are also traveling. I'm more psyched than when I first made the plans after the SU performance against CMU. I am also going to the ND game in my backyard the following week. Three of my family will be making the trip down to join me at the game. It's been forever since I had the opportunity to watch two SU games in a row live. Easier with basketball as the team often plays in MSG, their second home. Always love seeing all of my SU friends at The Blarney Rock. (Is their an e in that?) I am looking forward to seeing the team play another great game and the Dome rock on Saturday.

I'm an alum and not a local. Would always try to make 1 or 2 games in past years but stepped up last year to buy seasons for the first time since 99, when I was a quasi-local (Binghamton area.)

I will say this, the local alumni clubs could do better in arranging support for the team. I could see starting with arranging blocks of tickets and carpool, moving up towards bus trips. Today the best they seem to do is arrange "watch parties." Alumni support starts at a local level and SU Alumni needs to step it up.

Here in NJ it's been nothing but crickets with the ND game approaching in less than two weeks. That's a fail, IMHO.

First of all, CJ Brown played against us last year, and our D rattled him. I was there with a strong Cuse contingent. One reason I hate Maryland leaving the ACC is the fact that its a close road game for a lot of fans/alums. Also I know this isn't a great comparison, but just over 25K showed up for Duke vs. Kansas this past week. Duke doesn't have great tradition, but they are the reigning Coastal Champs. Averaging 40K at a private university up north is not as bad as some people think. Most stadiums only sellout the big games, that's just the reality of it.

First of all, CJ Brown played against us last year, and our D rattled him. I was there with a strong Cuse contingent. One reason I hate Maryland leaving the ACC is the fact that its a close road game for a lot of fans/alums. Also I know this isn't a great comparison, but just over 25K showed up for Duke vs. Kansas this past week. Duke doesn't have great tradition, but they are the reigning Coastal Champs. Averaging 40K at a private university up north is not as bad as some people think. Most stadiums only sellout the big games, that's just the reality of it.
Huge contingent of cuse fans had to be there. LGO chants all game

SU's giving away a lot of freebies again, which leads me to believe that they're not expecting much of a crowd. Maybe this "Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day" will unload a bunch of $5 seats and pad the numbers.

I think the opening night performance hurt the prospect of a good crowd on Saturday and, as always, the nooner is crushing. Probably a few thousand more empty seats than we had for Villanova, with the announced figure just above 40,000.

Agree that it's very important to play well and win. This sets the table for the two big home games; the team needs to build a buzz to encourage people to buy tickets.[/QUOTE
SU's giving away a lot of freebies again, which leads me to believe that they're not expecting much of a crowd. Maybe this "Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day" will unload a bunch of $5 seats and pad the numbers.

I think the opening night performance hurt the prospect of a good crowd on Saturday and, as always, the nooner is crushing. Probably a few thousand more empty seats than we had for Villanova, with the announced figure just above 40,000.

Agree that it's very important to play well and win. This sets the table for the two big home games; the team needs to build a buzz to encourage people to buy tickets.
What is this Faculty/Staff Appreciation Day ticket thing?? My mother-in-law works at SU and I am looking for 3 for Sat. I don't see anything on the Ticketmaster site.

And it's not easy to look valiant looking out of your ear hole.
th

Give them a call - she'll get one for free (to be picked up at the box office) and the other two will be $5 apiece.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom