Maryland's new uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Maryland's new uniforms

The guys wearing the bacon suits in that comerical were better dressed than the Maryland players.

Possibly the most hideous unis and helmets I've ever seen.

Haha. I was wondering how long it would be for someone to post this thread. I was thinking "Maryland looks good so far...unless you use your eyes." I like the red and white side, just not the caution/race car, black and yellow side. Just aweful design.

Possibly the most hideous unis and helmets I've ever seen.
Yup. The design of the UMd uniforms appear to have influenced by outfits wurn by court jesters in the Middle Ages.

the%20jester.jpg

Yup. The design of the UMd uniforms appear to have influenced by outfits owrn by court jesters in the Middle Ages.

Under Armor is trying to outdo Nike.

I just turned on the game and thought they looked like a cheesy villian in Batman - then they come back from a commercial and a college kid in the stands that they do a closeup on has a Batman mask on.

their hideous, especially that shoulder design, ugh its a fashion disaster or in the words of R Lee Ermey, its so ugly it could be a modern art masterpiece

They look like crash test dummies during the Spanish Inquisition.

Annnd, I would murder a hobo to get SU on a featured primetime game and into a alternate uni that peole are talking about!

They are what young kids want today. What player would not want new unis before kickoff? Gets the blood pumping.

It's the state flag. The flag may be ugly, but to incorporate it into the uni is pretty cool.

And considering the same topic caused multiple threads here, UA got what they wanted.

Wow. Announcers just said MD has 32 different uni combinations to choose from. Captains get to choose which combo is used in each games. pretty cool.

Risky to put the crossland cross on the helmet. Some lib is going to bitch about that sooner than later.

I swear some of you fellas wish every team looked like the Browns week in week out. This is just the path that major college sports programs are taking, like it or not. Ever heard the expression "no PR is bad PR?" The fact that were talking about it for better or worse means that Maryland did something to give the program some exposure.

I swear some of you fellas wish every team looked like the Browns week in week out.

I am absolutely one of those fellas. I love the classic uniforms that withstand the test of time... e.g. Penn State, USC, Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama. In 20 years, I predict these Maryland unis will be on lists with those 1970s Astros or Padres unis among the worst ever.

Maryland fans and recruits will love them. That's all that matters.

I am absolutely one of those fellas. I love the classic uniforms that withstand the test of time... e.g. Penn State, USC, Texas, Notre Dame, Alabama. In 20 years, I predict these Maryland unis will be on lists with those 1970s Astros or Padres unis among the worst ever.

Same. A little extra press is nice for them, but we've got a better thing going. No need to go gimmicky; all those above-mentioned teams would think it laughable to change up their uniforms like that, and so do I.

Maryland fans and recruits will love them. That's all that matters.

Exactly. I'm all for the classic look, but look at that list of teams you listed eao. None of them need flashy jerseys to help with recruiting and exposure. Not one. If SU wearing outrageously modern and sometimes down right hideous jerseys helped with recruiting and national exposure I would learn to accept that in a heart beat, and so would just about anyone who actually cares about the success of the program.

If the whole thing was the red/white side, they'd be kinda cool. The black and yellow side is awful. Combining both is atrocious.

If the whole thing was the red/white side, they'd be kinda cool. The black and yellow side is awful. Combining both is atrocious.

Their uni's are actually their state flag.

Exactly. I'm all for the classic look, but look at that list of teams you listed eao. None of them need flashy jerseys to help with recruiting and exposure. Not one. If SU wearing outrageously modern and sometimes down right hideous jerseys helped with recruiting and national exposure I would learn to accept that in a heart beat, and so would just about anyone who actually cares about the success of the program.

Syracuse revamped their uniforms and ended up with the all orange monstosity in your avatar.

Honestly I think our old-school, understated unis are top 5.