Masiello To USF Deal Is Off | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Masiello To USF Deal Is Off

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 5m
Manhattan places Steve Masiello on leave while he reviews his degree status with Kentucky.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 1m
It appears Steve Masiello’s play here is going to be that he genuinely thought he had a degree and therefore didn’t knowingly lie.

How can someone think they have a degree when they do not?

Brett McMurphy ‏@McMurphyESPN 5m
Manhattan places Steve Masiello on leave while he reviews his degree status with Kentucky.
I guess he never officially quit the old job. Smart.

Gary Parrish ‏@GaryParrishCBS 1m
It appears Steve Masiello’s play here is going to be that he genuinely thought he had a degree and therefore didn’t knowingly lie.
So, he received a diploma but didn't actually graduate? Strange.

Some institutions will not release documents that proves graduation unless every cent owed is paid. A local school has that policy. It could be something along those lines.

The problem for him is not so much that he lied but that it is required by law in the state of Florida that a coach at the college level has a college degree. HS coaches in Fl only need to be certified. This came up just a few weeks ago with the hire of Ice Harris at Miami.

How can someone think they have a degree when they do not?
"I have to read up on Risk Management. At the office they think I'm an expert in it. Apparently it's on my resume."
-- George Constanza

you know what they call kentucky?

the harvard of the sudan

The problem for him is not so much that he lied but that it is required by law in the state of Florida that a coach at the college level has a college degree. HS coaches in Fl only need to be certified. This came up just a few weeks ago with the hire of Ice Harris at Miami.

You can get a college degree part-time and online in your own time in a couple of years nowadays. With the money these coaches make there is 0 excuse, besides laziness.

At some schools, SU is one, you have to apply to receive your degree- it isn't awarded automatically. Degrees are also held up if you owe the school any sort of money...so it is possible for someone to think they've graduated while the school would say they haven't.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom