Matt Kuchar | Syracusefan.com

Matt Kuchar

He probably should have given the guy more $$$.

He's free to pay the guy whatever but Matt has made $46 million in his career. I'd probably just pay the $100K to never hear about it again.

Read a story that his PR guy is the same one Tiger has and how that whole fiasco with Tiger's marriage was grossly mishandled just like the Kuchar case. Five grand for the winning caddie? That's incredibly cheap. Penny wise and pound foolish.

they negioated up front the payment. if the guy wanted more money if they won he should have discussed it when they decided to work together. he made $100-200 an hr for his work that weekend.

Read a story that his PR guy is the same one Tiger has and how that whole fiasco with Tiger's marriage was grossly mishandled just like the Kuchar case. Five grand for the winning caddie? That's incredibly cheap. Penny wise and pound foolish.
I agree.

Let’s blame tiger.

they negioated up front the payment. if the guy wanted more money if they won he should have discussed it when they decided to work together. he made $100-200 an hr for his work that weekend.

There are two mistakes that Kuchar and his agent made:

1- They made a colossal PR mistake that was not worth the tiny savings; Kuchar is a guy that has had a good public image. Not anymore. Incredibly dumb cuz he had the option of cleaning this up b4 it went public.

2- They didn't do the right thing. They tried to pay the caddie a fraction of what a caddie normally makes on a winning bag. Kuchar's normal caddie would have made $126K if he were on Kuchar's bag that weekend. Btw Kuchar made $65,000 per hour compared to Ortiz' $200 per hour in that tournament.

a normal caddie gets his fee based on living and breathing and traveling with the pro. do we even know if he did anything more than carry the bag? and I agree he probably should have bumped him up a bit, which he did offer to do, the caddie wanted a reg caddie wage not a standin wage.. would he also have given money back if kuchar missed the cut and took a loss for the weekend?

a normal caddie gets his fee based on living and breathing and traveling with the pro. do we even know if he did anything more than carry the bag? and I agree he probably should have bumped him up a bit, which he did offer to do, the caddie wanted a reg caddie wage not a standin wage.. would he also have given money back if kuchar missed the cut and took a loss for the weekend?

Kuchar originally was going to pay the guy $4K then bumped it to $5K. He won $1.3 mil in that tournament and broke a long drought in the process. He's won $47 mil over his career on the tour. $5K? C'mon man! That is beyond cheap.

Like i said, penny wise and pound foolish. He's getting killed in the court of public opinion and it's well deserved. His dumb@ss agent blew Ortiz off and now they're paying for it.

Yup. Finally came to his senses. A lot of damage done to his rep though.
There is nothing wrong with admitting a mistake. Glad he didn't double down.

There is nothing wrong with admitting a mistake. Glad he didn't double down.

I agree. His statement was excellent. I like the guy just think he made an error in judgment.

Ya. I’ve seen the guy up close when the cameras weren’t on. Not surprised

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom