Class of 2015 - Matt Ryan - Iona Prep | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 Matt Ryan - Iona Prep

jr4750

All American
A lot of hype surrounding this kid lately... Duke is on him hard... I think he might have been at the elite camp, Francis, Tee, are we real interested?

From Braziler:

Duke has entered into the recruitment of Iona Prep junior sharpshooter Matt Ryan, his AAU coach Chris Alesi said. Duke associate head coach Steve “Wojo” Wojciechowski spoke to the highly ranked Ryan on Tuesday. Ryan, who visited Notre Dame last weekend, will see Boston College this weekend.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/27/st-johns-vying-for-nj-hoops-star/

This kid reminds me of Devo.
A most jocose analogy... right? I mean... I saw one real drive, no finishes with the left. He's a shooter. Didn't show much handle. Didn't show much quickness / deft footwork. Devo was a rather dynamic scorer.

Naturally if you're being glib and my detector is malfunctioning... then I feel silly.

What I meant is that he has the same shooting motion as Devo. He also has the same step back shooting motion as well.

A lot of hype surrounding this kid lately... Duke is on him hard... I think he might have been at the elite camp, Francis, Tee, are we real interested?

From Braziler:

Duke has entered into the recruitment of Iona Prep junior sharpshooter Matt Ryan, his AAU coach Chris Alesi said. Duke associate head coach Steve “Wojo” Wojciechowski spoke to the highly ranked Ryan on Tuesday. Ryan, who visited Notre Dame last weekend, will see Boston College this weekend.

http://nypost.com/2013/09/27/st-johns-vying-for-nj-hoops-star/
Sorry, so far removed right now. New job and work is hectic. Will try to keep up with you fellas soon!

Sorry, so far removed right now. New job and work is hectic. Will try to keep up with you fellas soon!

Congrats on the new job but I hope you told them you had teeing up to keep up with!

Congrats on the new job but I hope you told them you had teeing up to keep up with!
Thanks, man. Rocking it. First in to office, last one to leave. Boss likes me so far and picked up a ton in two days!
Still, I have neglected this place. Will try to keep up with you guys, but once bball season starts, no stopping me.
4c0836df3c4eef066d849e1dd2425f5a.jpeg

Thanks, man. Rocking it. First in to office, last one to leave. Boss likes me so far and picked up a ton in two days!
Still, I have neglected this place. Will try to keep up with you guys, but once bball season starts, no stopping me.
Do what you got to do brother. Glad it's going well so far.

We'll still be here when you get back, just with a far lesser like to tee ratio.

Do what you got to do brother. Glad it's going well so far.

We'll still be here when you get back, just with a far lesser like to tee ratio.
I'm still trying to figure out when I went tee happy. Didn't start off this way. Just went batty with the likes. If I could find something positive about the post or even find 1 speck of sarcasm, it seemed worthy!
:)

I'm still trying to figure out when I went tee happy. Didn't start off this way. Just went batty with the likes. If I could find something positive about the post or even find 1 speck of sarcasm, it seemed worthy!
:)

It snowballed. Then people started talking about it. You must have felt pressure to "tee" every post. Don't succumb to pressure. Don't "tee" up anything you don't feel deserving.

Love the picture, can't wait to actually see this in real life on the court. Roberson is going to be very special.

What I meant is that he has the same shooting motion as Devo. He also has the same step back shooting motion as well.
The step back jumper at around 18 sec definitely reminds me of Devo. I've seen this kid play a bunch of times. Better shooter shooter than Devo for sure, and is a legit 6'5, might even touch 6'6. However, he's not a put it on the floor guy right now, but he is young. A few dribbles against high school comp., but that's it. Somewhat slow feet on defense as well... Doesn't help that he's the best inside presence for his high school team. Don't get me wrong, he'll be a great addition somewhere. What he may lack in creativity off the bounce, he makes up for in smarts. Bright kid who sees the court and makes great passes out of double teams(ex-hs qb). Could definitely be a Rautins type, just not sure where he'd really fit defensively in the zone.

It snowballed. Then people started talking about it. You must have felt pressure to "tee" every post. Don't succumb to pressure. Don't "tee" up anything you don't feel deserving.
You're right. Felt pressured to tee! Probably still do, but it does feel good.