Maui Invitational | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Maui Invitational

These 2 extra blacklines near midcourt (even if they are only 5 feet away from the midcourt line) throw me off when they show certain angles, and the line comes into view. It makes the court seem short.

Not this bad however

I know it's Auburn's style, but if you try and run up and down w dook the results won't be good - got to make them play halfcourt

Agreed. Auburn is gonna run a lot of teams out of the gym. Gotta zone Duke and hope for the best. Gotta hope they fall into the trap of passing side-to-side as well as chucking. They can play halfcourt just fine, IMO.

Agreed. Auburn is gonna run a lot of teams out of the gym. Gotta zone Duke and hope for the best. Gotta hope they fall into the trap of passing side-to-side as well as chucking.
yeah - you know Reddish can light it up and Barrett if he's left open - but they're actually not a great shooting team - like you say - slow it down, zone them - I'd also add hit the glass like your lives depend on it

yeah - you know Reddish can light it up and Barrett if he's left open - but they're actually not a great shooting team - like you say - slow it down, zone them - I'd also add hit the glass like your lives depend on it

Yup. They are unselfish though and move the ball. That’s what makes them tough also.

Sluggish start to Auburn/Arizona. Some flow beginning in 2H and Walton is like, “Coaches sit down, don’t call timeouts, and let them play!” Love it.

If we had went 2-0 in NYC, I would be gorging myself on all these other holiday hoops tourneys. But since we lost I avoid them like the plague. I'm weird.

Youre not weird(at least compared to me, read on). I wanted to do a title belt gesture too, but am not interested in seeing other teams do one. I did see a Shocker in the airport yesterday though and kind of wanted to ask a question like a JHJ picture post, but I was sober and kept my distance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom