Maybe I look at things differently than others | Syracusefan.com

Maybe I look at things differently than others

Marsh01

Living Legend
But the one thing I knew would be as constant as death and taxes are all of the "it's been an unsuccessful season" posts that i knew would come out.

Hey to each his own man. I can see how people would be upset. I am freaking crushed right now. Crushed. I literally am having a hard time even typing this as we sit here. I wanted this final four for so many reason. For the seniors. For JB. For all of the crap that this program put up with off the court this season. For the fan base for really getting behind the team and cheering literally from all over the country.

This season was one of my most fun as a fan (taking away 2003) in many a year. I have so many great memories from this season. This was the season where my son REALLY grew up as a fan and is now tasting defeat in the harshest of ways. I had a terrific 2 weeks watching this team play their way through the tournament and traveling to Pitt and Boston.

If you are one of the few you who think that this season was a failure I think you are out of your mind. If all that matters is the tournament then I think you are out of your mind.

With that said it's been a great year and I am proud to wear orange.

+257368, Marsh. A loss brings out a lot of idiots, and this season we've been fortunate to mostly avoid that.

Totally agree. Had more fun this season than in a long time. It was a great run. I love this team and thank them for making the last 4 months so much fun.

+257368, Marsh. A loss brings out a lot of idiots, and this season we've been fortunate to mostly avoid that.

We may have avoided the losses most nights, but that didn't keep the idiots way.

Frankly, this board has been a cesspool after nearly every game this season, and every player and coach has been mercilessly attacked at one time or another by a pretty significant number of posters. And this is supposed to be the enlightened SU sports board.

I realize emotions run high here, but the incessant negativity of a lot of posters here is pretty f*cking sad. But it in no way detracts from all this team accomplished this season. My hat is off to everyone associated with the SU basketball program.

I'm looking forward to next season already.

Great year. Proud of the guys. Tremendous resiliency all year. Tough loss. Tough to swallow right now. Weren't the better team tonight and that's too bad. Tons of great memories.

Let marsh think that those people are out of their mind.

Hey like I said if you feel that way...god bless. Once fab went out I knew an elite 8 run was going to be a tough hand. We really could have used him tonight and still almost pulled it out.

Had we won and lost next week the same people would say it was a failure. Had we made the finals and lost to Kentucky it would have been a failure.

I had a lot of fun this season and I will remember this one for the rest of my life.

This was a great season, but you can't blame people for how they might feel now. It may be unlikely we ever have a team this deep again, a team that was built for a deep run. I am not blaming anyone now, but for people arguing all year that we dont get respect, this is part of the reason why. As bad as OSU was playing in the first half with Sullinger sitting, we couldn't get a lead by halftime. I started a thread about it and had a feeling that failure to take advantage would haunt us, and ironically it was our guys with foul trouble at the end. Great season, most wins ever, but I am in pain now. I'd gladly trade it for 30-5 again for a NC. When people express their pain, it does not automatically make them less of a fan.

Marsh, you know that I am with you across the board. But I think it is fair to let people be disappointed (not saying that you aren't. I KNOW you are.).

But there will be a crowd of people (I don't know how I feel yet) who see this team as not living up to what it could have been. And I'm not sure that's wrong. Regardless of the reason. Yes the off court distractions were ridiculous and in that context it was an amazing season.

But we should not have lost to this tonight. There is no way we should have lost to OSU. That team was not that good. That's what is disapointing right now. Kentucky, Baylor, UNC...no problem. But OSU sucks. We should have won that game and that is what is painful.

44cuse

Hey like I said if you feel that way...god bless. Once fab went out I knew an elite 8 run was going to be a tough hand. We really could have used him tonight and still almost pulled it out.

Had we won and lost next week the same people would say it was a failure. Had we made the finals and lost to Kentucky it would have been a failure.

I had a lot of fun this season and I will remember this one for the rest of my life.

Thanks for summing it up. I feel the exact same way.

Great season.

Marsh a +1...it is however a downer with the team's effort being so good and taken away to a degree by the refs. However, our offense in the first half tonight was terrible...so we dug a hole...came back and came back again. Lots of fight in this team..and that is all you can really ask for. It was a terrific season...even though it was a rollercoaster ride with a number of issues...pleased to have met on the board so many knowledgeable and good posters!

Marsh is one of my favorite posters on here; but some point I want to make a Final Four; these regular seasons are nice, but in college basketball that doesn't ultimately separate you from the elite, you have to make it to the last weekend, and that's something we haven't done since Melo.

I'm actually at peace right now. Of course I have a pit in my stomach from the loss, but nowhere near the pit when the Bernie allegations came out.
It was a great ride and the team had fight all year. This wasn't a Todd Burgan team. Be proud of the boys. They remained focused and fell just short of their ultimate goal.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

I liked the 2009-10 team the best since '03. Much better team chemistry. More likeable kids, in my mind. Only wish C.J. was on that team.

Wow - OSU sucks - with Fab and Marshall no longer players, OSU is the 2nd best team behind UK. Will likely be the Championship game.

I liked the 2009-10 team the best since '03. Much better team chemistry. More likeable kids, in my mind. Only wish C.J. was on that team.
This years team was better than the 2010 team; but the '10 team had more likable kids.

Marsh is one of my favorite posters on here; but some point I want to make a Final Four; these regular seasons are nice, but in college basketball that doesn't ultimately separate you from the elite, you have to make it to the last weekend, and that's something we haven't done since Melo.

Believe me I wanted this game so freaking bad. I felt like I was walking into a wake as I was walking out of the arena. Crushed...stunned the season is over. I wanted it. I know we all wanted it. I too want another final four. I would give up PBR for life if we could have won this game.

We are getting close. I am hoping with the pieces we have coming back plus the people we have coming in we get there next year.

We'll always have 2003...(a little Casablanca)

I thought this years team was really fun to watch. Caught a few bad breaks. I'm not going to complain about the team or the way they played.

The refs on the other hand. I'm pretty sure that JB feels the same.

But the one thing I knew would be as constant as death and taxes are all of the "it's been an unsuccessful season" posts that i knew would come out.

Hey to each his own man. I can see how people would be upset. I am freaking crushed right now. Crushed. I literally am having a hard time even typing this as we sit here. I wanted this final four for so many reason. For the seniors. For JB. For all of the crap that this program put up with off the court this season. For the fan base for really getting behind the team and cheering literally from all over the country.

This season was one of my most fun as a fan (taking away 2003) in many a year. I have so many great memories from this season. This was the season where my son REALLY grew up as a fan and is now tasting defeat in the harshest of ways. I had a terrific 2 weeks watching this team play their way through the tournament and traveling to Pitt and Boston.

If you are one of the few you who think that this season was a failure I think you are out of your mind. If all that matters is the tournament then I think you are out of your mind.

With that said it's been a great year and I am proud to wear orange.

Amen brother. At least you didn't have to cut your finger off...

I think there's a difference between being disappointed, or feeling like we blew a chance at a title with a crazy deep team, and coming off angry and personally offended that the team dared lose. It's the people in the latter camp that I think are miserable jerks. I mean, it's not about YOU.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom