Mcclung | Syracusefan.com

Mcclung

Acesn8s

Starter
how is it possible that kid had offers from Rutgers, Seton Hall, Boston College and a ton of other small east coast schools and not Syracuse. If he was wearing a Syracuse jersey instead of a Hoyas Jersey he would probably end up being one of my top 10 favorite Cuse players of all time, kid plays with a ton of heart. Crazy we didn't even have an offer on him.

I remember watching his high school highlight reel when it was all over Facebook. Pretty impressive, although his over the top cockiness was a little much.

Why do we feel the need to do this? Everytime someone that we didn't recruit plays well against us.....why didn't we offer? You can't recruit and offer every player that can play......there's more to recruiting than just checking a box. If you have any intention of successfully recruiting a guy you have to invest time and effort in it over a sustained period of time. That means you have to make choices. There are literally 100s of guys out there that could play for us.....looking at this roster that number might go to 1000.

Last edited:
how is it possible that kid had offers from Rutgers, Seton Hall, Boston College and a ton of other small east coast schools and not Syracuse. If he was wearing a Syracuse jersey instead of a Hoyas Jersey he would probably end up being one of my top 10 favorite Cuse players of all time, kid plays with a ton of heart. Crazy we didn't even have an offer on him.
He is a not fit for the zone just the just like that kid from LSU who we passed on. We know how that turned out

Why do we feel the need to do this? Everytime someone that we didn't recruit plays well against us...why didn't we offer? You can't recruit and offer every player that can play...there's more to recruiting than just checking a box. If you have any intention of successfully recruiting a guy you have to invest time and effort in it over a sustained period of time. That means you have to make choices. There are literally 100s of guys out there that could play for us...looking at this roster that number might go to 1000.
guy was the all time leading scorer in VA history I think you can manage to find an offer for him. Maybe he doesn't even visit but come on.

not mclovin' mcclung. wishing he was more mcclunk than yppiekayahayy mcclain.

yes 10000 offers a year to make everyone happy
10000 how about just the all time leading scorer in a states history, you know start with that, the guy who carved us up yesterday with 7 scholarship players and a walk on.

We got Jalen Carey that year. Who was ranked 60th in his class compared to like 250 for Mclung. Carey was also ranked the 7th best CG compared to Mclung being 22nd. You guys cry and moan about not recruiting top 40 players and then cry and moan about us not getting guys outside the top 200 that end up doing good. Pick one side and stick with it and stop being so dang negative. It’s annoying

10000 how about just the all time leading scorer in a states history, you know start with that, the guy who carved us up yesterday with 7 scholarship players and a walk on.
Isn't that exactly what Girard is?

As I was watching the game, I thought to myself, "man this McClung kid annoys me." And then I thought, "wait, does he annoy me based on literally anything that actually he did, or is it just the "white fan hating the opposing white player" syndrome. It was the latter.

we have perfect zone guards right now no need to bring in athletic guys like Mcclung

Lol, I appreciate your cynicism and yes, we haven't had a worse fit for 2 guards out top on this zone in years, maybe jbs career. Lack of height, length, quickness, and ball skills.

Tell you the truth, I am not sure wth the staff has been doing in recruiting. The more NCAA hoops you watch, the more envy one has about the missed opportunities to bring in intelligent athletes that will rep your program well. Watching the Zags and zona last night, it was really depressing watching the # of athletes out there on both sides with height, length, and bounce and add in hoops acumen. I would say players that would fit well into the zone but at this point, I think the zone deters from landing athletes. It's nothing a kid will do in the pros and doesn't highlight any player's talents. Geeez, there are a ton of players out there. This isn't fb.all you need is a few players to change the look of a squad.

why didn’t anyone else of significance offer him?

he’s not that good

Lots of guards are going to light us up this year. Up top we have an undersized freshman with average at best athleticism, paired with someone who plays with no twitch or physicality. As others have said, you can't recruit everyone.

Also, ever look at a map to see where this kid is from? I think it's ok the staff took the long, twitchy kid from NYC playing in the Jersey Parochial league over him. If it doesn't work out, it doesn't work out.