Mcclung | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mcclung

Oh BS. Take that kind of crap someplace else.

I respect you might think its vs, but watching college hoops, there are plenty of athletes with size we are missing. This squad lacks athleticism and size and that's a direct hit on recruiting. This team does the best for what they are.

I respect you might think its vs, but watching college hoops, there are plenty of athletes with size we are missing. This squad lacks athleticism and size and that's a direct hit on recruiting. This team does the best for what they are.

that’s not the part I quoted

He said significance! Neither school you mentioned is.

Seton Hall isn't significant? That number next to their name when they play is significant.

Again what is significant about that? How many others are.

Its significant when we go head to head against them and a player would rather go to Seton Hall over Syracuse. It's hard and unbelieveable even saying that.

Its significant when we go head to head against them and a player would rather go to Seton Hall over Syracuse. It's hard and unbelieveable even saying that.
They haven’t landed a top 100 player since 2017. Their best recruit last class was barely rated higher than Edwards who we pulled out of nowhere and their best recruit so far this class is 100 spots below Richmond.

They don’t even compare to us in that sense

Come to Syracuse, play zone and lose a lot of games to better teams. Watch the Big Dance on TV.
Sorry to be crazy, I'm just another frustrated fan.

Mcclung isn't that good? Give me a break.

Emphasis on “that”. He’s not THAT good. He’s good. He shredded us because we are very very bad. He won’t be cashing NBA paychecks. Might get a few D-League paydays before going overseas.

Emphasis on “that”. He’s not THAT good. He’s good. He shredded us because we are very very bad. He won’t be cashing NBA paychecks. Might get a few D-League paydays before going overseas.

Yeah I think he is an NBA player. He is an athlete and can shoot. What's not to like?

Last edited:
I also find it funny that the biggest gripe on this board is the lack of true PGs on the roster. McClung is a short SG. People think he’d miraculously solve this team’s woes if he were recruited here, but he wouldn’t help the defense at all and would just be another shooter on a team of shooters. He can drive a little, but not enough to write home about.

More talent on the roster is always a good thing, but he’s not some silver bullet that would have stopped this team from sucking hard.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seton Hall offered him as did BC.

Where was Va Tech even Virginia his home state schools? His dad even played football for Va Tech, his family lived halfway between Blacksburg and Knoxville and they all passed on him. Duke offered Girard and Miami, Arizona , Connecticut recruited Carey, People are just being argumentative and illogical.

We have too many crazy people on this board. Joe Girard is having a better year as a freshman than McClung had his freshman year as a starter last year.
Min/GM FG% 3pt% FT% Asst. TO. Reb. St
McClung 26.4. .392. .277. .798. 2.0. 2.0. 2.6. .8
Girard. 28.3 .375. .333. .962. 4.4. 2.4. 2.5. 1.6

Where was Va Tech even Virginia his home state schools? His dad even played football for Va Tech, his family lived halfway between Blacksburg and Knoxville and they all passed on him. Duke offered Girard and Miami, Arizona , Connecticut recruited Carey, People are just being argumentative and illogical.

We have too many crazy people on this board. Joe Girard is having a better year as a freshman than McClung had his freshman year as a starter last year.

But McClung dunks good

Yeah I have no issues with our guards, I'm just saying hes pretty good.

As I was watching the game, I thought to myself, "man this McClung kid annoys me." And then I thought, "wait, does he annoy me based on literally anything that actually he did, or is it just the "white fan hating the opposing white player" syndrome. It was the latter.

I was today years old when I learned you are NOT in fact, Omar Little. Very devastated.

Mcclung is far more athletic than Girard ever will be which gives him more room to grow.

By the time it's all said and done Mcclung will end up being a better player.

His improvement from last year to this year is a bigger improvement than we've seen from our own program in 4 5 years.

At the end of the day I still have to get up and go to work, so its not that important to me if a college kid doesn't pick Syracuse, many others will and I will support them when they do, BUT the facts are the facts schools we recruit against in the Northeast offered this kid and calling them mid majors or not on our level is laughable AND, He would at minimum be the second best player on this team now, and he is wayyyy better the Girard IMO.