McDonald demoted | Syracusefan.com

McDonald demoted

SUinNYC

2nd String
All over Twitter

Lester is now running the offense. True?

So potentially a new QB and OC heading into FSU -- yikes.
It will make zero impact on how FSU goes. The FSU game will hinge on how badly they want to beat us regardless of what we do.

What I'm doing to the 19 point line for Saturday right now:
td3rd8r.gif

It will make zero impact on how FSU goes. The FSU game will hinge on how badly they want to beat us regardless of what we do.
There's a reason they play the games. And I was expecting FSU to throttle us. But now I think it will be very ugly like last season's game.

Do we have anyone even remotely qualified to be OC of a BCS team on this staff? I can't think of anyone.

I say we offer to double Seth Littrell's salary, can our DC, and move McD to DC. Given that HCSS is a brilliant DC, we really don't need a good DC (other than for recruiting) as long as HCSS takes a very active role in the defense, and Seth has turned IU into an offensive juggernaught. Also, it would probably help with midwestern recruiting, which appears to be a priority under HCSS.

A Seth offense, a HCSS defense, and McD recruiting would win games.

There's a reason they play the games. And I was expecting FSU to throttle us. But now I think it will be very ugly like last season's game.
Yeah. That reason is so FSU can sell 80,000 tickets.

Edit: I just realized that it's a home game. Change my response to "that way we can sell 47k tickets."

Last edited:
I honestly don't get doing this mid-season. Lester will be confined to McDonald's offense; unless he implements something very simplistic. It's still going to be a bad playbook. Only with, hopefully, better play calls.

I honestly don't get doing this mid-season. Lester will be confined to McDonald's offense; unless he implements something very simplistic. It's still going to be a bad playbook. Only with, hopefully, better play calls.
I actually agree. I think that they're just trying to buy goodwill with the fans.

Anyone still envision a 6-6 season with a bowl game?

Bombshell.

Looks like there was a story up about it at Syracuse.com, but it's been pulled. Wonder what that means about the validity of the story.

I honestly don't get doing this mid-season.
1) You have a head coach in over his head and doesn't know what he is doing
2) You have a head coach who feels or must know he is on the hot seat and is trying to save his job

You think Lester doesn't know the offense? There's nothing wrong with the playbook. They've been able to move the ball fine.

The issue is what they do in key spots, where F*** it as a philosophy doesn't cut it.

In Cool Kid we don't trust - Scott Shafer

should have been handled quietly, leave him as oc in name only and have lester "advise"him. after signing day announce that mcd has been re- assigned full time head of recruiting and player evaluation---unfortunately this will be a severe negative impact in the incoming class ---i await the defections

I really wanted GM to succeed. Maybe he can take that step back here and continue learning.

Well Mr. Wilson, the ball is in your hands. This is the time for the O-Line to step up and protect this kid and it should be interesting to see how Lester? calls the game. Will they execute better? I assume the playbook shrinks a bit.

should have been handled quietly, leave him as oc in name only and have lester "advise"him. after signing day announce that mcd has been re- assigned full time head of recruiting and player evaluation---unfortunately this will be a severe negative impact in the incoming class ---i await the defections

IF this is true and GM has been demoted, I just don't see ANY benefit in making this decision public knowledge and humiliating him in the process. It's difficult to imagine that GM will choose to stay on this staff if this is true. And it's just as difficult to imagine his recruits from Florida staying with their commitments.

Why go public?

Axe had something on that too if true I wonder if this means McDonald is gone next year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom