McDonald's All American Selection Show 5pm today | Syracusefan.com

McDonald's All American Selection Show 5pm today

<Rant value1="Calm" value2="Reserved">
Sorry to say but I have a feeling:
Roberson = stiffed
Ennis = stiffed
BJ = stiffed
For some reason, Ennis seems to be the best chance but again, this is not my reasoning and I have already expressed my dislike of biased journalism.
</Rant>

Not a one. F them.
I'm done with ESPN because you know they had pull, first to announce the rosters?

Will watch on mute when Cuse is on, that's it.
Done and done.
Really, this sports "journalism" needs competitors.

Seriously, I know it will be rough, but does anyone have a recommended website for sports?
Can't stand the bull really.

5 from Tucky, f themselves.

Seriously, I know it will be rough, but does anyone have a recommended website for sports?
Can't stand the bull really.

5 from Tucky, f themselves.

F UK

Sent from Kindle Fire HD

The deal is done, tapatalk for syracusefan.com ;)
As a backup, yahoo sports on web, espn on mute
And all espn links deleted.
I'm free! Plus, about a month ago, deactivated facebook when a close friend:
  1. First showed him and a colleague getting pedicures
  2. Then said (with 8 pictures) "can't beat taking a private jet back home!"
If I had the money, I would indulge, just maybe not indulge it in poor people's faces.
I can't make this stuff up, I swear it.

I held back, but his dad ripped into him. His dad!
I have friends and family with money, god bless them, but I draw the line when they facebook it.

Not a big deal. Players can only use that as motivation and don't have as much pressure. Love the class this year...

No surprise Vonleh made it... Still can't get over how good he was/is.

Not a big deal. Players can only use that as motivation and don't have as much pressure. Love the class this year...

No surprise Vonleh made it... Still can't get over how good he was/is.
Vonleh is great, will be a stud and if you count both forward slots, it was tougher for Beast to get in here, but Ennis? He should have made it over Barber and Jackson. Honestly, seen all three play and Tyler is the better point IMO.

Vonleh is great, will be a stud and if you count both forward slots, it was tougher for Beast to get in here, but Ennis? He should have made it over Barber and Jackson. Honestly, seen all three play and Tyler is the better point IMO.
Barber is right where I'm from originally. He's incredible, but I agree with you Ennis should have gotten the nod. Ennis will be a better player than Cat Barber I think

Barber is right where I'm from originally. He's incredible, but I agree with you Ennis should have gotten the nod. Ennis will be a better player than Cat Barber I think
Cat is super fast, laterally agile, but possibility of character flaws. Not judging the guy, but we've had some great leaders at this position, and Tyler might eventually trump them all in that respect. Not to mention, he seems to do everything they need him to do on a given night. The guy can go for 10 points (although I'm not sure if he ever did :) ) but still get it done for his team in other areas. Then again, he can get mad and blow up for 53 points!

Not to mention, after seeing a few games on tv, I think Tyler's physical gifts, ie, speed, agility are there, more than he gets credit for.

Cat is super fast, laterally agile, but possibility of character flaws. Not judging the guy, but we've had some great leaders at this position, and Tyler might eventually trump them all in that respect. Not to mention, he seems to do everything they need him to do on a given night. The guy can go for 10 points (although I'm not sure if he ever did :) ) but still get it done for his team in other areas. Then again, he can get mad and blow up for 53 points!

Not to mention, after seeing a few games on tv, I think Tyler's physical gifts, ie, speed, agility are there, more than he gets credit for.
I have complete confidence Ennis will be better than Barber.

http://mcdepk.com/2012allamericangames/docs/AAGSelectProcess2012.pdf
Ok so I did some research to find out how this process goes down and who actually votes. Turns out it's as big of a joke as I thought it would be. You have about 50 guys who vote for the boys team, but I honestly only saw about 12 names of scouts on that list who actually have seen most of these players play to be qualified enough to vote. The majority is filled with people that I doubt have seen more than a couple of these players play or if at all smh, and most likely only vote by what school a certain individual is going to. Which is why you always see Duke, UNC, and UK recruits get in. If they ever want to get this right, then they have to cut off a lot of the fat and chop it down to the top 20-25 scouts, who actually go out and watch as many players as they can around the country to make the best choices for this kind of game. Doubt it happens because it's been like this for so long.

On another note unfortunately for Tyler. Out of the 12 scouts that I recognized, only half of them had him in their top 25. Espn and Max preps(2 voters each), Van Coleman, Bob Gibbons, and Jerry Meyer all weren't as high on him which I think made a big difference. Telep and Gibbons I have heard hold a lot of weight with their ballots. MCW got in mainly because of Telep a few years ago. Evan Daniels, Eric Bossi, Prep Stars(2 voters) all had Ennis in their top 25 and I'm sure they voted for him but I guess he was always what you considered to be on that borderline edge for the game.

http://mcdepk.com/2012allamericangames/docs/AAGSelectProcess2012.pdf
Ok so I did some research to find out how this process goes down and who actually votes. Turns out it's as big of a joke as I thought it would be. You have about 50 guys who vote for the boys team, but I honestly only saw about 12 names of scouts on that list who actually have seen most of these players play to be qualified enough to vote. The majority is filled with people that I doubt have seen more than a couple of these players play or if at all smh, and most likely only vote by what school a certain individual is going to. Which is why you always see Duke, UNC, and UK recruits get in. If they ever want to get this right, then they have to cut off a lot of the fat and chop it down to the top 20-25 scouts, who actually go out and watch as many players as they can around the country to make the best choices for this kind of game. Doubt it happens because it's been like this for so long.

On another note unfortunately for Tyler. Out of the 12 scouts that I recognized, only half of them had him in their top 25. Espn and Max preps(2 voters each), Van Coleman, Bob Gibbons, and Jerry Meyer all weren't as high on him which I think made a big difference. Telep and Gibbons I have heard hold a lot of weight with their ballots. MCW got in mainly because of Telep a few years ago. Evan Daniels, Eric Bossi, Prep Stars(2 voters) all had Ennis in their top 25 and I'm sure they voted for him but I guess he was always what you considered to be on that borderline edge for the game.
Hmmm, Telep...you don't say. ;)
They are so predictable nowadays. Anyone, if there's a line in Vegas for stuff like this, just give me the bets and I'll tell you what happens, especially when it comes to some of these espn beauties.

I was just mentioning espn's "pull" yesterday in one of my tirades. Out there in my behavior, but it's just too easy. They really are predictable. Still, this watching the games on mute really sucks.

Not a one. F them.
I'm done with ESPN because you know they had pull, first to announce the rosters?

Will watch on mute when Cuse is on, that's it.
Done and done.
Really, this sports "journalism" needs competitors.
bump

Well, I guess Telep must be blind. He liked MCW. Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I guess Telep must be blind. He liked MCW. Enough said.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom