McDonald's All americans to be | Syracusefan.com

McDonald's All americans to be

Duke --- 4 Mc D AA's
UNC --- 3 McD AA's
Rest of ACC (incl.SU) --- none

I knew McCullough wasn't getting named after he got expelled. He's right there talent wise. KJ isn't rated a top 25 by most rating services. We're better situated with the 2015 class. But it points out how difficult it is to keep pace with Duke and UNC.

Madbiker said:
Duke --- 4 Mc D AA's UNC --- 3 McD AA's Rest of ACC (incl.SU) --- none I knew McCullough wasn't getting named after he got expelled. He's right there talent wise. KJ isn't rated a top 25 by most rating services. We're better situated with the 2015 class. But it points out how difficult it is to keep pace with Duke and UNC.
He wasnt eligable, 5 th year player

Madbiker said:
Duke --- 4 Mc D AA's UNC --- 3 McD AA's Rest of ACC (incl.SU) --- none I knew McCullough wasn't getting named after he got expelled. He's right there talent wise. KJ isn't rated a top 25 by most rating services. We're better situated with the 2015 class. But it points out how difficult it is to keep pace with Duke and UNC.

They routinely have a bunch and have about as much as us to show for it.

Mcdonalds also passed on Ennis.

So you just know they KNOW exactly what they are doing.

stick to shittty burgers that destroy arteries.
You are fantastic, always have been. I am just pointing this out b/c the likes sometimes don't do you nuff justice.

2010 McDonalds Game
East team
Jelan Kendrick (Memphis) kicked off team went to Ole Miss left then to UNLV junior 6.8 PPG 2.5 RPG
DeShaun Thomas (Ohio State) drafted 2013 (58th pick by Spurs) Euroleague
Perry Jones III (Baylor) drafted 2012 (28th pick OKC) 2.3 PPG 1.6 RPG
Joe Jackson (Memphis) senior 14.1 PPG 4.2 APG 3.2 RPG
CJ Leslie (NC State) undrafted 2013 D-League with Erie Bayhawks
Kyrie Irving(Duke) drafted 2011 (1st pick Cleveland) 21.5 PPG 6.2 APG
Kendall Marshall (UNC) drafted 2012 (13th pick Phoenix) 10.5 PPG 9.5 APG (Lakers)
Jayvaughn Pinkston (Villanova) junior 15.0 PPG 5.5 RPG
Tobias Harris (Tennessee) drafted 2011 (19th pick Charlotte) 13.9 PPG 7.9 RPG (Orlando)
Josh Selby (Kansas) drafted 2011 (49th pick Memphis) Euroleague
Jared Sullinger (Ohio State) drafted 2012 (21st Boston) 12.5 PPG 7.6 RPG
Reggie Bullock (UNC) drafted 2013 (25th LAC) 2.4 PPG 1.3 RPG

West
Terrance Jones (Kentucky) drafted 2012 (18th pick Rockets) 11.7 PPG 7.6 RPG
Ray McCallum Jr (Detroit) drafted 2013 (36th Kings) D-League with Reno Bighorns
Cory Joseph (Texas) drafted 2011 (29th Spurs) 4.2 PPG 1.3 RPG
Brandon Knight (Kentucky) drafted 2011 (8th Det) 15.8 PPG 4.6 RPG (Bucks)
Tristan Thompson (Texas) drafted 2011 (4th Cleveland) 12.2 PPG 9.7 RPG
Fab Melo (SU) drafted 2012 (22nd Boston) D-League
Doron Lamb (Kentucky) drafted 2012 (42nd Bucks) 2.6 PPG (Orlando)
Patric Young (Florida) senior 10.6 PPG 6.2 RPG
Jereme Richmond (Illinois) undrafted 2011 faces up to 7 years in prison for threatening witness
Keith Appling (Michigan State) senior 15,4 PPG 4.9 APG
Josh Smith (UCLA) left UCLA after junior to Gtown and then academically ineligible 1/2 season
Harrison Barnes (UNC) drafted 2012 (7th Warriors) 10.1 PPG 3.9 RPG

2009 McDonalds Game
East team
Lance Stephenson (Cincinnati) drafted 2010 (40th Pacers) 14.2 PPG 7.1 RPG
Maalik Wayns (Villanova) undrafted 2012 Euroleague
Ryan Kelly (Duke) drafted 2013 (48th Lakers) 6.4 PPG 2.8 RPG
Dexter Strickland (UNC) undrafted 2013 D-League with Idaho Stampede
Dante Taylor (Pitt) undrafted 2013 Euroleague
Kenny Boyton Jr (Florida) undrafted 2013 Euroleague
Demarcus Cousins (Kentucky) drafted 2010 (5th Kings) 22.6 PPG 11.6 RPG
Milton Jennings (Clemson) undrafted 2013 Euroleague
Peyton Siva (Louisville) drafted 2013 (56th Detroit) D-League
Dominic Cheek (Villanova) undrafted 2012 Euroleague
Alex Oriaki (UConn) transferred Missouri drafted 2013 (57th Suns) D-League
Derrick Favors (Georgia Tech) drafted 2010 (3rd Nets) 13.5 PPG 9.3 RPG (Jazz)

West team
Renardo Sidney (Miss St) undrafted 2012
Abdul Gaddy (Washington) undrafted 2013
Tommy Mason-Griffin (Oklahoma) undrafted 2010 Euroleague
Avery Bradley Jr (Texas) drafted 2010 (19th Boston) starting pg then not resigned
David Wear (UNC) transferred to UCLA senior 7.6 PPG 4.2 RPG
Travis Wear (UNC) transferred to UCLA senior 5.3 PPG 3.0 RPG
Xavier Henry (Kansas) drafted 2010 (12th Memphis) 10.1 PPG 2.8 RPG (Lakers)
Michael Snaer (Florida State) undrafted 2013 Euroleague
John Henson (UNC) drafted 2012 (14th Bucks) 12.1 PPG 8.2 RPG
Keith Gallon (Oklahoma) drafted 2010 (47th Bucks) D-League
Mason Plumlee (Duke) drafted 2013 (22nd Nets) 5.6 PPG 3.0 RPG
Wally Judge (Kansas State) transferred to Rutgers senior 7.9 PPG 6.6 RPG

Two counterpoints. In the last 30+ years, only one team has won a national championship without a McDonald's AA - Maryland in 2002. And the teams that lead in the number of McDonald's AA's, have done quite well over the years. They obviously don't get it right all the time - but it does matter.

I tried saying the other day that we we NEED to hammer Duke and UNC while they are down this season(and it's now looking like Duke may not be that much down at the moment), and that we still had to catch up to them in terms of year in/out recruiting. I was met with a hardy dismissal after being informed we were right there with them. No doubt we've closed ground and may continue to do so, but can anyone with a straight face say we've matched those 2 programs in recruiting?

Simmer down, I realize UK slammed us in terms of recruiting, so I know it isn't everything. However, K and Roy are the real deal and I really hope we continue to close ground, whether some on here feel we need to or not. I still have lofty goals, I know. Heck, I still wouldn't mind seeing JB get 1000 and maybe even pass K in wins.

I tried saying the other day that we we NEED to hammer Duke and UNC while they are down this season(and it's now looking like Duke may not be that much down at the moment), and that we still had to catch up to them in terms of year in/out recruiting. I was met with a hardy dismissal after being informed we were right there with them. No doubt we've closed ground and may continue to do so, but can anyone with a straight face say we've matched those 2 programs in recruiting?

Simmer down, I realize UK slammed us in terms of recruiting, so I know it isn't everything. However, K and Roy are the real deal and I really hope we continue to close ground, whether some on here feel we need to or not. I still have lofty goals, I know. Heck, I still wouldn't mind seeing JB get 1000 and maybe even pass K in wins.

Please let this happen.

Aren't both of them filled with McDonald's AA's now? Who cares, we recruit high level players that are perfect for our system. We got the two guys for this class we wanted most. We have guys already committed for 2015 that we targeted early. And how have the greatest classes ever done at Kentucky the last couple years?

Recruiting is just as much "who is recruiting this player?" as it is how good they actually are. Kansas/Kentucky are recruting this guy? Must be an All-American. Syracuse has nothing to complain about recruiting wise, but it doesn't quite pull the national eye like UNC, Duke, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom