McDonough jab at Veley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

McDonough jab at Veley

while were at it, what exactly is the thunder from down under? is CJ Australian and we didn't know it?

Even worse...there's a Vegas show with guys in banana hammocks called, Thunder From Down Under, or something to that effect... Wait, why do I know that? :confused:
That's one useless factoid I wish I didn't know...or type. :oops:

Even worse...there's a Vegas show with guys in banana hammocks called, Thunder From Down Under, or something to that effect... Wait, why do I know that? :confused:
That's one useless factoid I wish I didn't know...or type. :oops:
So in the future when you say, "I am done with this discussion," we can assume that's not the truth, right?

My comment about the Thunder From Down Under had nothing to do with "this discussion." Unless Mr. Excitement also wears a banana hammock in public.

Wait, what?:eek:

My comment about the Thunder From Down Under had nothing to do with "this discussion." Unless Mr. Excitement also wears a banana hammock in public.

Wait, what?:eek:
You replied to a criticism about Veley starting with "Even worse..." -- how does that not apply? I'd have given up if you weren't tossing softballs. Take the rest of the night off -- I'm in form.

You replied to a criticism about Veley starting with "Even worse..." -- how does that not apply? I'd have given up if you weren't tossing softballs. Take the rest of the night off -- I'm in form.

Sure thing, chief. :cool:

I bet JB wasn't happy that Veley made at least 5 or 6 announcements like - Trevor Coney has hit seven 3 pointers - Trevor Cooney has hit eight 3 pointers - Trevor Cooney has equaled his career high - Trevor Cooney with nine 3 point shots has equaled James Southerland's record- blah blah blah - right during the game. To be honest I was shocked also. If Cooney had cooled off I bet JB would have really blasted him.

McDonough will criticize or "punch down" quite a bit. He defiantly in the past has questionned and even mocked on the air JB regarding stall ball during a meltdown in progress.

As for Mr. Excitement. I honestly thought that was a common known sarcastic nickname for him. He's hardly excitement, imo. My mistake.

I gave you the like for the use of the word meltdown, a tradition I am trying to keep alive on here. Also a good call on McDonough mocking JB with the stall ball.

One of my missions coming on here after the game was to find out what JB said to Mr Excitement, who certainly didn't look too excited when they showed a shot of him.

One other question I had... I was temporarily distracted while McDonough and Bilas seemed to be at dispute about the total number of NCAA D1 teams or something like that. Was it anything humorous?

Can't wait for the day when Mr. Excitement is replaced...surprised Gross has kept him so long.

Slightly off-topic, introducing the team as the 2013 Maui Invitational Champs comes across as so mid-major.

Yet slightly better than announcing the team as the Gotham Classic Champs.

Ugh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom