McNabb DUI | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

McNabb DUI

I think he is a smart man, its not always about intelligence, I have a friend who went to Princeton, got a dui, sometimes people just make bad decisions.
I'm not just talking about that. Remember when he didn't know an NFL game could end in a tie? And then said, what if that happened in the Super Bowl?

I'm not just talking about that. Remember when he didn't know an NFL game could end in a tie? And then said, what if that happened in the Super Bowl?

That wasn't one of his finest moments, but I am sure there are other players who don't know all of the rules. I have heard Donovan speak plenty of times, never once did I question whether he was intelligent or not.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/07/13/donovan-mcnabb-dui-video-im-not-drunk-but-thats-tequila-in-my-trunk/

Two videos of Donovan taken at the traffic stop. I am skeptical after watching this.

One, he clearly had cough drops in his mouth as he was asked by the policeman to spit them out, which he did. I hope the police man then bothered to check them. What are the chances that you have cough drops on you just in case you need to make up this story? Without hesitation he also mentioned the 2 cold medicines he was on. Only glitch there, but the sound hiccups is he says last week medicine for his shoulder. But we didn't hear the exact question. It could have been besides the cold medicine what other medicine have you taken?

Two, while he does not sound like the most well spoken individual, he sounds more nervous than drunk to me. He is not slurring his words one bit. When asked by the policeman to stand at the curb with his hands at his side, he seemed to do it just fine. I had read that he was not able to do it. If I had a previous DUI, and got pulled over in his circumstance, I would be nervous also. I think he came out of Blue 32, which is a very nice restaurant, and maybe had one beer, and got all nervous. After watching this I will be interested to see how his blood work comes back. At the very least he does not appear to be overly intoxicated to me, and with a 29 year old son, I have seen intoxicated much more recently than many. My opinion of this whole story has changed. I am not saying he won't be found to have been under the influence, but I will also say no more so than most who go out to dinner and have a drink or 2. And after watching this, I am also not even sure he will come in over the limit.

The one that Toga posted even solidifies it more for me. The policeman is waving that light back and forth like 30 times. Seriously how many times does Donovan have to follow the light? For the most part he followed it with his eyes. Did his head move a very tiny little bit? Yes, but I just tested it , and my head moves a tiny little bit also if you keep doing this, especially on the up and down. I can't really follow with my eyes up and down. Maybe 5 times back and forth but this was excessive. If he were drunk he would have lost patience. He was very patient. I just do not see it...at all.

Wow. I am surprised, because he really does not seem drunk. Ok, I was wrong. Back to throwing him under the bus, and telling him to use UBER.

Wow. I am surprised, because he really does not seem drunk. Ok, I was wrong. Back to throwing him under the bus, and telling him to use UBER.
It's troubling his tolerance seems so high. If he's functional at a .17, perhaps he's been practicing.

It's troubling his tolerance seems so high. If he's functional at a .17, perhaps he's been practicing.
Just the conversation I had with other SU alums I was with at dinner tonight.

Work release means it's 18 nights in jail (but out during the day). This is followed up by 72 days of house arrest.

Maybe he would, maybe he wouldn't, that wouldn't be my primary concern. You are running an institute of higher learning.
No, they are running a tax free business of higher learning

Will he be removed from the BOT? What exactly does he bring to the table when you really think about it? A few bucks in donations vs. a potential third strike?

It may not be easy to remove someone if they have substance abuse problems (see: the citizens of Toronto).

It could come down to whether Donnie admits he has an addiction problem. If he does, then he would be able to get treatment as a condition of staying. If not, SU could probably can him then and there for misjudgment. I say leave him on the BOT provided he admits a problem and gets help. There have been two incidents but it's one disease. Donnie has to look himself in the mirror and understand where he is in his life. (disclaimer: I'm not a lawyer and don't play one on the 'net).

Never understood him being a BOT regardless of being a booze bag. Was he a high GPA guy at school? school should have asked a real scholar athlete like Mark Banaweicz (sp) or Marius Janulis.

Never understood him being a BOT regardless of being a booze bag. Was he a high GPA guy at school? school should have asked a real scholar athlete like Mark Banaweicz (sp) or Marius Janulis.
BOT membership generally requires a high level of continued donations to the University. While some leniency may be given for someone with a high-profile/celebrity status, that person still needs to fit in with the rest of the membership.

Note that both Donovan and cto are Life Trustees. You'll be glad to know that there is another former player that is a Voting Trustee. That would be Art Monk.