MCW expectations | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

MCW expectations

1. Mike is the only isolation player on this team.

This is simply not true and you need to stop with this nonsense. Brandon had more successful iso moves in yesterday's game than MCW did.

Good lord, the exaggerations here are incredible. MCW is never going to be Magic Johnson. He also isn't going to be stuck playing in Europe. The guy is likely going to be a top 10 pick and probably will be the best we've had in the league since Carmelo.

Are you implying that my statement about MCW's need to improve his ability to put the ball in the basket is an exaggeration on the same level as him being the next Magic?

I think MCW is going to have to learn how to make baskets at a much higher rate than he has shown so far...or he'll end up in Europe. Whether he will improve his shooting proficiency or not I don't know? I hope he does for his sake, and it'll benefit the team.

I don't think what I said is an exaggeration. I think it's a realistic appraisal (from my point of view) of the guy's money making potential. He learns how to score with greater success and he will be in the NBA for a long time. If he's as inconsistent as he has been as an Orangeman I don't think he'd stay in the league long. Hello Spain.

Right now, MCW playing against almost any NBA guard would be in serious trouble. That says nothing about his lack of a consistent jumper.

Amazing how the shine on MCW has dimmed since Southerland left and he can't puff up his numbers with easy assists.

Maybe against Arkansas but Dirty was giving Cooney a run for his money from three more recently.

Is it me or does MCW's game not fit his body? He's this tall, wiry player but Saturday he's driving and throwing around his body in the lane like Iverson.

I thought he'd be a more athletic Edelin -- penetrator, maybe not the fastest guy, okay shooter but good in the lane at finishing.

MCW already has a 4-17, a 3-12, a 1-13, and a 3-17 this year. I don't think you're going to find Scoop with many lines like that. Scoop did have a 4-17 as a junior.

One other thing I was thinking about; JB was gettign some heat here when MCW was ripping up cupcakes for not giving him mroe minutes last year; maybe he had an idea of what he was doing?
Maybe if he gave him more minutes last year, he would be playing better now. We will be saying the same for Coleman next year

Can some of you watch the game again and look out for MCW waving off Brandon and JB bitching him out down the stretch. Quit blaming JB, it wasn't what he wanted, Mike does what he wants to do. He made that pretty clear last year that he doesn't like authority when he freaked out at JB during the UConn game. Triche wanted the ball, Mike wanted to be the hero.

MCW is a selfish player period. Reminds me in some ways of a certain forward who played here a few years ago, thought he was auditioning for the NBA all year. I thought that player ruined the season. Turned out he was not that good.

Don't disagree with any of that, but some blame lies with the coach who could curb such behavior but hasn't done so.

Discipline seems a common concern throughout many of these threads: shoplifting, ineligible players, insubordination on the court...

I agree, no doubt but that's what we recruit at times and MCW wouldn't take too kindly to discipline I feel. JB knows how to handle players, he knows which ones that need to be yelled at and which ones that need to be coddled. It sucks that it's that way but our only chance of winning is keeping the diva MCW happy and hoping for the best.

I agree, no doubt but that's what we recruit at times and MCW wouldn't take too kindly to discipline I feel. JB knows how to handle players, he knows which ones that need to be yelled at and which ones that need to be coddled. It sucks that it's that way but our only chance of winning is keeping the diva MCW happy and hoping for the best.

Could be right; he's reacted poorly to criticism in the past.

MCW is a selfish player period. Reminds me in some ways of a certain forward who played here a few years ago, thought he was auditioning for the NBA all year. I thought that player ruined the season. Turned out he was not that good.
Turns out you really don't understand the dynamic of that team after the injuries

Turns out you really don't understand the dynamic of that team after the injuries

I'm guessing he is referring to Donte? Again- we had six players, including Kristof Ongenaet and Scoop who was nowhere near ready, iirc. He had the green light.

Donte played on a limited team, but attempting to play defense and developing a post-up game would have been nice alternatives to being a matador and missing over 65% of his three-point attempts.

When the 6'10" kid sets a freshman record for three-point attempts, something is very wrong. And it's got nothing to do with dynamics of the team.

MCW is a good point guard. He has flaws in his game but that doesn't make him a bad or even an average PG, just one with flaws and hopefully he'll work on those and continue getting better. Teams are taking away his out passes when he drives and he's getting caught in the air way too often and deep and losing JS has hurt him and the team as well. Quick guards give him problems.

Plus, he needs new sneakers as well cause the kid slips way too often!

Scoop,Scoop, Scoop, MCW dishes to some mediocre players and they respond. Scoop didn't dish to some excellent players. MCW is missing a 3 point threat(James). no way to open up the middle. I hope James comes back to finish the year.

MCW will be a better pro then he is a college player.
I think that is a distinct possibility. It looks to me like he really needs to mature though, himself and his game.

I think that is a distinct possibility. It looks to me like he really needs to mature though, himself and his game.

Yeah but I don't think it will help him to stay in college. He's more suited for an up and down style which is pretty much the NBA game. His skill set and the way he plays aren't suited for slow down games against Pitt/USF/etc...

Definitely needs to mature all around, but that should come even in the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom