MCW has to stop trying to be a lottery | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW has to stop trying to be a lottery

He also needs to protect the ball better. Got his pocket picked twice today.

How about we just let MCW's first season as a starter play out and see how well he plays? But since you are offering a 100% "guarantee," what are you putting up?

With this guy, I wouldn't even bother. Let Mike's season play out, let that poster disappear.

Funny that just today I was talking about this with someone at the Dome whom would know. While he most certainly could go, it isn't close to 100%.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Was it the Maryland mole?

Pros know more than coaches plus fanboys put together. something about money.

Was it the Maryland mole?

Pros know more than coaches plus fanboys put together. something about money.

Haven't seen you around the football board much. That "Nassib isn't a top 50 qb" nonsense didn't turn out too well for you, did it? You have zero credibility.

Good player, not nearly ready to be two and done. Hope he likes school.

Good call. Took Dion a while. Too bad we don't have a legit 4th guard this year. I think we might have some growing pains with Mike at a few points this season.

I think he is still a pro player and probably this year. He does seem to be forcing it eary in the game and trying a little to hard to dominate.

Last night when he passed more and set up teammates he looked a lot better and then he started scoring. Looked much better.

Funny that just today I was talking about this with someone at the Dome whom would know. While he most certainly could go, it isn't close to 100%.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
But Bees! FanFanClubClub knows "scouts"! Obviously they know better!

Haven't seen you around the football board much. That "Nassib isn't a top 50 qb" nonsense didn't turn out too well for you, did it? You have zero credibility.

Haha, I love this guy! I was 100% correct that Nassib was not a top 50 QB last year, as he proved by the seasons' end.

I actually just recently re-posted my old link to remind you amateur fanboys that Nassib is still not a top 50 qb, not even this year. Millhouse and some others get it, but the Mod brownnosers don't. I am aware that Nassib has snuck into the back end of the top 50 in Passer Efficiency Rating, but his advanced metrics are still awful.

The proof is in Nassib's numbers against decent competition, where his passer efficiency rating is still in the 120s. McShay is a moron, Nassib will fair poorly at the combine. His limited skill set is why Syracuse never ever gives the backup QB any time at all: instant QB controversy.

But Bees! FanFanClubClub knows "scouts"! Obviously they know better!

I'm a pro talent evaluator and statistician, a Sloan conference fellow, etc. If you were as well, all your buddies would be pro evaluators from various sports. Instead, you are a mod brown-noser, townie, and amateur fan boy. It is what it is man. I get paid for this, even right now. Haha, party. Keep sending your love my way man, and keep Mod brown-nosing, it's fun stuff.

I'm a pro talent evaluator and statistician, a Sloan conference fellow, etc. If you were as well, all your buddies would be pro evaluators from various sports. Instead, you are a mod brown-noser, townie, and amateur fan boy. It is what it is man. I get paid for this, even right now. Haha, party. Keep sending your love my way man, and keep Mod brown-nosing, it's fun stuff.
fanfan, Nassib has been terrific for the Orange this year. He has no speed on the outside. At the end of last year, we ran out of players. that wasn't on Nassib.

and as much as I love MCW, I was more than a bit surprised to see him get picked clean twice by that wagner guard. That is worth keeping an eye on.

Haha, I love this guy! I was 100% correct that Nassib was not a top 50 QB last year, as he proved by the seasons' end.

I actually just recently re-posted my old link to remind you amateur fanboys that Nassib is still not a top 50 qb, not even this year. Millhouse and some others get it, but the Mod brownnosers don't. I am aware that Nassib has snuck into the back end of the top 50 in Passer Efficiency Rating, but his advanced metrics are still awful.

The proof is in Nassib's numbers against decent competition, where his passer efficiency rating is still in the 120s. McShay is a moron, Nassib will fair poorly at the combine. His limited skill set is why Syracuse never ever gives the backup QB any time at all: instant QB controversy.

Credibility is zippo. We have missed you on the football side though. Its Unfortunate, but certaily not unexpected, that you ultimately couldn't own your misconceptions about Nassib. I'm still open to an apology though when you are ready. I won't even make you beg.

Just one question. Do the rest of us slobs need your permission to take issue with your condescending posts?

I am a townie? Interesting, I was born and raised in Massachusetts and graduated from Syracuse in May.

Amateur Fan Boy? I'm more connected to this program than you will ever be. I have sources in both our football and basketball programs.

I was just joking around but apparently its tough to analyze sarcasm through statistics. Get over yourself.

w
This reeks of full of shitness.

I am a townie? Interesting, I was born and raised in Massachusetts and graduated from Syracuse in May.

Amateur Fan Boy? I'm more connected to this program than you will ever be. I have sources in both our football and basketball programs.

I was just joking around but apparently its tough to analyze sarcasm through statistics. Get over yourself.
Silence amatuer, know your place, you are a meer boy... He, found Lebron James and Aaron Rodgers when tney were 8...respectively.

pick and start playing basketball. Only then will his stock go where he wants it to go.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
hey tottle. u know less bball than u do politics mcw is one of the 5 best and talented lead guards anywhere. he needs to get out of here and make some big money. he goes right away in the draft

fanfan, Nassib has been terrific for the Orange this year. He has no speed on the outside. At the end of last year, we ran out of players. that wasn't on Nassib.

Dash, you're the dood, I've got respect for you all day, so I hear ya on Nassib's improvement. He has put up some huge games for Cuse. Nassib has won us games, against good teams. So Nassib deserves some praise. I've been scouting him all year, seen every Cuse game, etc., but I obviously could be wrong about his pro upside. I know this is a bball thread, but as you can see so many of the mod brown-nosers attack me for being correct in my professional evaluation of Nassib: even in a bball thread.

Nassib's Passer Efficiency Rating this season against FBS teams is 143.6. (245/385, 3069 yards, 20/9). That ranks him 39th nationally among qualified players as a passer. So only after taking out injured/suspended/half season studs like Casey Pashall or Michigan's Devin Gardner, does Nassib sneak into the back end of the top 50 passing QBs.

Nassib is ranked very poorly as a runner, earning negative expected points and generally ranking as one of the least mobile BCS QBs. Dual threat studs like Braxton Miller, GT's Tevin Washington, etc are far more efficient QBs, when QBs are fully analyzed as both passers and runners. When adding these dual threats who technically have lower passer efficiency ratings but are more efficient players, Nassib falls well outside the top 50.

Additionally, there are back up quarterbacks at the football factory schools who are substantially better than Nassib, like Stanford's Kevin Hogan or Georgia's Christian Lemay. Even non-football factories, like Okie State, have backups better than Nassib (Clint Chelf). Most Syracuse fans don't know that any of these players exist. When adding these studs to the mix, Nassib falls even further outside the top 50. That's why Syracuse hasn't been a top 50 program.

Nassib is not a top 50 QB, never has been. Even at the pinnacle of his statistical career, right now, no advanced metrics or comprehensive systems of evaluation (including running and passing) regard Nassib as a top 50 QB. Syracuse has just been down so long, and clung to an antiquated form of offense for so long, that fans are overreacting to a competent passing offense.

All this is to say, ...in a round about way, MCW is gone folks. I'm a legit pro, my commentary has been insightful, my detractors cannot say the same.

Is this thread for real??? MCW is a 6'6 score first PG. Our one proven isolation threat who just had 9 assists last game and would have had around 12-15 if we didn't miss a bunch of jumpers.
Is there any sanity left?

Its clear JB was playing around with the offense for the best of the team. He knows we have the motion sets but we are trying to evolve our isolation and post up games.

imo MCW's reminds me of last years Austin rivers role with better heads to work with. He looks ready to be given the keys to the convertable. Someone like Coach K would go to town with MCW.

Dash, you're the dood, I've got respect for you all day, so I hear ya on Nassib's improvement. He has put up some huge games for Cuse. Nassib has won us games, against good teams. So Nassib deserves some praise. I've been scouting him all year, seen every Cuse game, etc., but I obviously could be wrong about his pro upside. I know this is a bball thread, but as you can see so many of the mod brown-nosers attack me for being correct in my professional evaluation of Nassib: even in a bball thread.

Nassib's Passer Efficiency Rating this season against FBS teams is 143.6. (245/385, 3069 yards, 20/9). That ranks him 39th nationally among qualified players as a passer. So only after taking out injured/suspended/half season studs like Casey Pashall or Michigan's Devin Gardner, does Nassib sneak into the back end of the top 50 passing QBs.

Nassib is ranked very poorly as a runner, earning negative expected points and generally ranking as one of the least mobile BCS QBs. Dual threat studs like Braxton Miller, GT's Tevin Washington, etc are far more efficient QBs, when QBs are fully analyzed as both passers and runners. When adding these dual threats who technically have lower passer efficiency ratings but are more efficient players, Nassib falls well outside the top 50.

Additionally, there are back up quarterbacks at the football factory schools who are substantially better than Nassib, like Stanford's Kevin Hogan or Georgia's Christian Lemay. Even non-football factories, like Okie State, have backups better than Nassib (Clint Chelf). Most Syracuse fans don't know that any of these players exist. When adding these studs to the mix, Nassib falls even further outside the top 50. That's why Syracuse hasn't been a top 50 program.

Nassib is not a top 50 QB, never has been. Even at the pinnacle of his statistical career, right now, no advanced metrics or comprehensive systems of evaluation (including running and passing) regard Nassib as a top 50 QB.

All this is to say, ...in a round about way, MCW is gone folks. I'm a legit pro, my commentary has been insightful, my detractors cannot say the same.

You really are a blatant stooge ... do you come over to the ball board to post this crap in the hope we won't call you out on your ridiculous rankings from last season ... or your completely wrong talent evaluations ... the last time I called you out on this crap you disappeared and brought it over here. Real clever ...your shtick is really old and cherry pick what is convenient from your ramblings to cite any case you may have and leave off some of the drivel you have posted time and again. Jarrett Lee and Jordan Jefferson in the first 4 rounds of the draft ... HA! Tanner Price better than Nassib ... how is that 112 rating looking now? HA! Kinne of Tulsa just bagged my groceries yesterday at a Publix, he couldn't even keep a free agent gig with the Jets. Brantley of UF .. LOL ... he works at a car wash in Gainesville. Neither Kinne nor Brantley were drafted and Nassib will be a 5th round pick so give it up. I'm sure your NFL scout contacts who tipped you off to those esteemed LSU QBs will tell you otherwise :rolling: Oh and how could I forget BJ Daniels ... you continue to be one of the biggest jokes on this board.

Anyone that doesn't see this kid is a top 12 pick (at worst) is insane. He can mail it in, average 10 and 6 per game and still be gonzo.

You really are a blatant stooge ... do you come over to the ball board to post this crap in the hope we won't call you out on your ridiculous rankings from last season ... or your completely wrong talent evaluations ... the last time I called you out on this crap you disappeared and brought it over here. Real clever ...your shtick is really old and cherry pick what is convenient from your ramblings to cite any case you may have and leave off some of the drivel you have posted time and again. Jarrett Lee and Jordan Jefferson in the first 4 rounds of the draft ... HA! Tanner Price better than Nassib ... how is that 112 rating looking now? HA! Kinne of Tulsa just bagged my groceries yesterday at a Publix, he couldn't even keep a free agent gig with the Jets. Brantley of UF .. LOL ... he works at a car wash in Gainesville. Neither Kinne nor Brantley were drafted and Nassib will be a 5th round pick so give it up. I'm sure your NFL scout contacts who tipped you off to those esteemed LSU QBs will tell you otherwise :rolling: Oh and how could I forget BJ Daniels ... you continue to be one of the biggest jokes on this board.

Jordan Jefferson had legal troubles. Lee has disappointed, I was wrong about him. Both still got a shot in the pros, and easily out-performed Nassib last season, which was my argument. Price was better than Nassib last year, when I said he was. I never said Kinne or Brantley would be drafted. Do you know what "top 50 college QB" means? BJ Daniels was better as a QB (running and passing) than Nassib last year when I said he was. So was Brantley.

You cheese-eaters reamed me out, last year, for saying Nassib wasn't a top 50 college QB. He finished the year ranked #65 in qualified passers, while being a negative with his feet. So I was obviously correct last year, and you were obviously wrong. Now the debate is about this year, and myopic fanboys who can't name 50 starting QBs are at it again.

Jordan Jefferson had legal troubles. Lee has disappointed, I was wrong about him. Both still got a shot in the pros, and easily out-performed Nassib last season, which was my argument. Price was better than Nassib last year, when I said he was. I never said Kinne or Brantley would be drafted. Do you know "top 50 college QB" means? BJ Daniels was better as a QB (running and passing) than Nassib last year when I said he was. So was Brantley.

You cheese-eaters reamed me out, last year, for saying Nassib wasn't a top 50 college QB. He finished the year ranked #65 in qualified passers, while being a negative with his feet. So I was obviously correct last year, and you were obviously wrong. Now the debate is about this year, and myopic fanboys who can't name 50 starting QBs are at it again.
fan fan, I don't think I have ever said anything about Nassib beinga nfl qb. If he is, I don't want it for my team. However, he has been very good for this Orange team this year. And in the past, I think he has been limited more by his o-line and wideouts that can't get open and can't get open deep. But since this is the hoop board, I love MCW. He will be a good NBA guard. I am worried about his ability right now to protect the ball. Against a good team, we can't have steals for easy two against us. That kid from Ohio State could cause him a lot of trouble. Or someone like him could.

Anyone that doesn't see this kid is a top 12 pick (at worst) is insane. He can mail it in, average 10 and 6 per game and still be gonzo.

No way nassib sux! :eek:

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2