MCW Insider Article | Syracusefan.com

MCW Insider Article

Melancer46

Living Legend
I don't have insider, so I don't know if this is correct, but I grabbed this off another forum...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog...ning-nerlens-noel-health-plus-more-draft-buzz

Some snippets from the draft blog:

Sources say a number of teams that rely heavily on analytics have Carter-Williams rated higher than Burke. While both players look good in the various analytical approaches teams employ, Carter-Williams is coming up at No. 1 and No. 2 overall on several teams' reports. For teams that value analytics, that's a big deal.

Second, the more old-school scouts and GMs are looking at Carter-Williams' performance against Indiana. Carter-Williams sliced through the Hoosiers' defense -- anchored by Victor Oladipo -- as if it were warm butter. Carter-Williams' ability to get to the basket and finish (31 percent of his shots were at the rim, and he shot 62 percent from the field) is impressive.

Finally, teams are always looking for upside in the lottery. Carter-Williams has extraordinary size for his position. He is a terrific athlete. He sees the floor as well as any point guard in the draft. His weaknesses -- primarily his shaky jumper -- are the only thing holding him back from being a top-5 pick right now.

i told i all this preseason
indeed you did.

but then, you pick someone out for that honor every year, and like a blind squirrel you occasionally end up with a nut.

who will it be next season?

I don't have insider, so I don't know if this is correct, but I grabbed this off another forum...

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/blog...ning-nerlens-noel-health-plus-more-draft-buzz

Some snippets from the draft blog:

Sources say a number of teams that rely heavily on analytics have Carter-Williams rated higher than Burke. While both players look good in the various analytical approaches teams employ, Carter-Williams is coming up at No. 1 and No. 2 overall on several teams' reports. For teams that value analytics, that's a big deal.

Second, the more old-school scouts and GMs are looking at Carter-Williams' performance against Indiana. Carter-Williams sliced through the Hoosiers' defense -- anchored by Victor Oladipo -- as if it were warm butter. Carter-Williams' ability to get to the basket and finish (31 percent of his shots were at the rim, and he shot 62 percent from the field) is impressive.

Finally, teams are always looking for upside in the lottery. Carter-Williams has extraordinary size for his position. He is a terrific athlete. He sees the floor as well as any point guard in the draft. His weaknesses -- primarily his shaky jumper -- are the only thing holding him back from being a top-5 pick right now.

Yes, that is exactly what is said in the article, that is about MCW. It also goes on to say that Burke REFUSED to compete in a 1-1 drill against MCW, McCollum and Shane Larkin. Me think's he thinks he can't match up against them.

Would be an immediate red flag for me if I was thinking of taking Burke as the 1st PG in this draft.

Yes, that is exactly what is said in the article, that is about MCW. It also goes on to say that Burke REFUSED to compete in a 1-1 drill against MCW, McCollum and Shane Larkin. Me think's he thinks he can't match up against them.

Would be an immediate red flag for me if I was thinking of taking Burke as the 1st PG in this draft.

I think it's more of him just playing it safe. In his head, the other PG's can't gain on him if they can't match up with him.

But I personally think MCW will end up being the first PG taken, and I think Burke will slide to the end of the top 10.

I think it's more of him just playing it safe. In his head, the other PG's can't gain on him if they can't match up with him.

But I personally think MCW will end up being the first PG taken, and I think Burke will slide to the end of the top 10.

No, Burke would be much better off playing them because as of recent, his stock has been falling. And him deciding to not compete will only make it slide farther.

indeed you did.

but then, you pick someone out for that honor every year, and like a blind squirrel you occasionally end up with a nut.

And it wasn't exactly stumbling on a nut, either, considering even based on his limited minutes last year, Chad Ford was already projecting him as a first round pick this season. It wasn't exactly tough to predict he'd blow up. I'd go so far as to say the majority of us expected it.

No, Burke would be much better off playing them because as of recent, his stock has been falling. And him deciding to not compete will only make it slide farther.

I agree, and I feel like it's kind of obvious, but I'd be willing to bet that what I said is what he/his agent are thinking; probably moreso his agent, because just based on what we know of Burke, he seems like the type that would want to be competing.

indeed you did.

Albert Nasser