Mcw is Rajon rondo | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mcw is Rajon rondo

Rondo is awful. You do not want MCW to be Rondo.

Huh? He dominates the NBA in assists and is an incredible passer/driver. And I'm a NYK fan.

Not anymore. When he's been off this year shooting he's been very poor. His rebounding numbers are down this year too. He's still a very good player, don't get me wrong, but this is Rondo's team. It's not like last year where if he wasn't on the court we were horrible.

Was just checking his numbers; his rebounding %'s seem very similar to last year. (As in his overall rebounding % is exactly the same as it was last year). He's playing 2 fewer mpg game this year, and that's the clear advantage Rondo has over him.

I read a Hollinger article; the Celtics D pretty much falls apart when he is off the floor. The defense gives up 18 more points per 100 possessions when he is off the floor, which is a massive total (and probably won't be that large when the season is over). The offense is actually about 3 points per 100 possessions better without him on the floor, but he is still the most important player to their defense.

I also think I saw that in the limited minutes Bass and Sully played together the defense was unfathomably bad; like 140 points per 100 possessions bad.

Rondo is the definition of stat whore. He passes up layups to try and get assists off his teammates jumpers. His defense is terrible. His shooting has always been and always will be bad. Occasionally he will use his talents for good, like in the Heat series last season. But most of the time all he cares about is he stupid assist streak. Newsflash: assists should be about setting up your teammates with easy shots, not harder shots than what you have available.

Rondo is the definition of stat whore. He passes up layups to try and get assists off his teammates jumpers. His defense is terrible. His shooting has always been and always will be bad. Occasionally he will use his talents for good, like in the Heat series last season. But most of the time all he cares about is he stupid assist streak. Newsflash: assists should be about setting up your teammates with easy shots, not harder shots than what you have available.

ROFL

I see a little Penny in his game, does that make cent$?

Don't shoot me in the foot if it doesn't;)

Huge Magic fan here. As far as being creative MCW would be a comparison to Penny but MCW does not have the quick hops like Penny. Man you bring back memories of him before injuries took his game away. :(

His defense is excellent.. he even did a good job bothering Wade and Lebron in the MIA series last year, giving up many inches and pounds.

Doc Rivers has even called him out in the past for looking TOO much for assists. Rondo is certainly on some sort of mission to break the all time assists record. I love when he slows down on a completely wide open fast break and lets one of his teammates catch up to him for a cheap assist.

Rondo absolutely hunts assists unlike any player I have ever seen. Hollinger retweeted a pic recently of one.

Rondo absolutely hunts assists unlike any player I have ever seen. Hollinger retweeted a pic recently of one.

When they are leading, he will also hold the ball until there are about 4 seconds on the shot clock and then fire a pass to someone spotting up so they have no choice but to take the shot. I don't know if he realizes how transparent he is being.

He wasn't good enough to play last year . I said last year he was better then any one playing a head of him and people said I was crazy. The only reason he didn't play was that JB didn't want him in the NBA. He's a better player then Dion right now.

He wasn't good enough to play last year . I said last year he was better then any one playing a head of him and people said I was crazy. The only reason he didn't play was that JB didn't want him in the NBA. He's a better player then Dion right now.
Put the crack down, he was the best pg last year , better than scoop, but not better than dion at finishing. No one can take it to the hoop and finish on this team like waiters did.

Can't compare MCW and Dion. Dion is a shooting guard, not a point. MCW is a pure point. MCW has great court vision. Dion has a great scoring touch. Completely different players, and you can't say one is better than the other, especially since one guy was the #4 pick in the draft.

Do I think MCW could have played last year? Yes. Would he have been able to jump to the NBA? No.

Can't compare MCW and Dion. Dion is a shooting guard, not a point. MCW is a pure point. MCW has great court vision. Dion has a great scoring touch. Completely different players, and you can't say one is better than the other, especially since one guy was the #4 pick in the draft.

Do I think MCW could have played last year? Yes. Would he have been able to jump to the NBA? No.
He was better then all 3 guys playing in front of him. I said it last year and I say it now. Far better then all 3 actually. probably the best guard in SU history.

He reminds me of Shaun Livingston, before the injuries.

Rondo is awful. You do not want MCW to be Rondo.

72ff318b_NotSureIfSerious.jpeg

He was better then all 3 guys playing in front of him. I said it last year and I say it now. Far better then all 3 actually. probably the best guard in SU history.
The word is "than", better "than", not better "then". Sorry, two posts in a row and I just can't take it anymore.

And to your Igor conspiracy theory, how many games do you think this travesty cost us? That despicable JB played the 5th year senior major minutes and came away with that 34-3 record. When the whole time he could have suffered through some growing pains and got some frosh ready for the NBA. The injustice.

Put the crack down, he was the best pg last year , better than scoop, but not better than dion at finishing. No one can take it to the hoop and finish on this team like waiters did.
MCW is a much better over all player then Dion. No he doeasn't finish as well as Dion, otherwise he's better in all other facetts.

Ok Rondo isn't awful that was definitely hyperbole. But he is extremely overrated by the media and most people who casually watch the NBA. He's only like the 10th best PG in the league.* Yes if MCW was considered a top 10 PG in the NBA then that would be extremely good for himself and probably bodes well for Syracuse's season this year. His potential is high, just like Rondo, but he probably won't have 3 HoFers to carry him to assist records.

*CP3, Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Irving, Nash, DWill are clearly better then you have Lillard and Rubio who have an argument.

Same build, athletic ability, and all around game in my eyes. He has the potential to be that good.

thankyou for that unbiased scouting report professor harold hill.
and if you're in the market for a trombone...

I agree that Rando does seek out assists and I don't like him in general probably because he went to Kentucky. Having said that he is a good player. I just don't think he is at all like MCW. MCW is 5 inches taller and can shoot from the outside and does not have Rando's ability to drive the lane. MCW reminds me of Rando as much as he reminds me of TJ Ford.

*CP3, Rose, Westbrook, Parker, Irving, Nash, DWill are clearly better then you have Lillard and Rubio who have an argument.

You lost me at Kyrie Irving, and I've been laughing my ass off since you said Lillard, who has played what, 15 games, is better than an 3 time NBA All-Star who has 10 playoff triple doubles.

Also, read this. http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/...essive-than-john-stocktons-or-magic-johnsons/

Then stop posting about a subject you clearly know nothing about.

Ok Rondo isn't awful that was definitely hyperbole. But he is extremely overrated by the media and most people who casually watch the NBA. He's only like the 10th best PG in the league.* Yes if MCW was considered a top 10 PG in the NBA then that would be extremely good for himself and probably bodes well for Syracuse's season this year. His potential is high, just like Rondo, but he probably won't have 3 HoFers to carry him to assist records.

Paul and Williams are the only definites. Westbrook is arguable, depending on what you need. Rose is better when healthy, he's out right now and who knows if he'll be the same. Parker...no. Nash...not anymore. Irving...not yet. Rubio? Laughable. He's played like 40 games and has a career shooting % of 35.

Lillard? Be honest, how many games have you even watched Lillard play to say that? Or do we just look at box scores and name anyone who has nice numbers?

Rondo is easily top 5.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom