Mcw is Rajon rondo | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mcw is Rajon rondo

That's a good article, the point on the possessions is a very good one. One thing I might quibble with a little is this point

On average, the Celtics have made 36.8-of-77.9 field goals (47.2 FG%) over Rondo’s last 37 games. Comparatively, throughout their runs, Stockton’s Jazz connected on 38.9-of-79.0 (49.2 FG%) and Magic’s Lakers sunk 47.0-of-89.7 (52.3 FG%).

Couldn't this also be taken as a compliment to Stockton and Magic. It's certainly possible part of the reason those teams shot better was because Magic and Stockton were generating better looks for their teammates. I don't watch every Celtic game, but when I do, it definitely seems like Rondo gets a lot of assists on jumpers (and the Celts are known, or at least have been known, as a jump shooting team). On the other side, the article also should've mentioned that part of the reason that FG% are down is because three pointers are up, and three pointers are obviously a lower % shot.

On the whole, like I said, I do agree, mainly because of the possession thing. I wonder if anyone tracks assists that lead to layups or dunks as opposed to jump shots.

Rondo is the definition of stat whore. He passes up layups to try and get assists off his teammates jumpers. His defense is terrible. His shooting has always been and always will be bad. Occasionally he will use his talents for good, like in the Heat series last season. But most of the time all he cares about is he stupid assist streak. Newsflash: assists should be about setting up your teammates with easy shots, not harder shots than what you have available.

Lol. Silly silly.

I'm sorry for you Celtics fans but the truth hurts
I'm not sorry for us, Rajon is a fantastic point guard and I love being able to watch him play and set up easy layups, lob passes, and 3 point looks. If you would really rather have Lillard than Rondo I'm not going to take anything you say seriously from now on because that's just silly.

Where's FanFanClubClub with his advanced metrics when you need him?

Rondo is awful. You do not want MCW to be Rondo.

So compared to the careers of other Syracuse NBA players you would be disappointed if one of our guys was only as "good" as Rajon Rondo?

I see a little Penny in his game, does that make cent$?

Don't shoot me in the foot if it doesn't;)

I see the length as similar. Not as athletic as Penny, buy maybe as he fills out he can add some strength and additional hops. But MCW does get up there when he wants to.

That number 2 play where Penny throws the ball most of the way downcourt behind his back going out of bounds is pretty amazing.

Hmmm, I'm not really seeing it. I love MCW, but Rondo is/was WAY more athletic. Rondo is a shut down M2M defender, rebounds incredibly well for a guard, and had a better first step in college. MCW has a better outside shot at this stage of his career and might actually see the floor better than Rondo did when he was 19, which is a tremdendous compliment.

Agree. Rondo has a crazy wingspan so it appears he is long but he is much quicker than MCW at 6'1. Maybe someday he will be like Rondo but I see more Kevin Martin/Penny even though Martin is mostly a SG.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom