MCW on CNN this morning | Syracusefan.com

MCW on CNN this morning

Did he talk about his return at all? I'm hoping it soon. Hes missed 11 games.
No he didn't, probably because it was on the money segment of CNN and not the sports side

Sixers are holding him out now and will continue to hold him out of competition in the future for trumped up injuries that he could and would play through - all for the Wiggins/Parker/Randle sweepstakes. Why do you think Boeheim spoke so harshly about teams tanking and said there weren't any trancendant players worth tanking for. Boeheim has probably spoken with MCW about the "injury" and MCW probably told him that he was being held out by the Sixers front office. Look, its clear to me that MCW will be a star, and thats probably pretty clear to the Sixers as well - but if tanking to get one more piece to add to a young up and coming team requires MCW to sit out games here and there the Sixers front office will be more than willing to do that.

Lets just hope this doesn't cost MCW the rookie of the year trophy and doesn't cause him to be labeled by the media as "injury prone".

CraigForth said:
Sixers are holding him out now and will continue to hold him out of competition in the future for trumped up injuries that he could and would play through - all for the Wiggins/Parker/Randle sweepstakes. Why do you think Boeheim spoke so harshly about teams tanking and said there weren't any trancendant players worth tanking for. Boeheim has probably spoken with MCW about the "injury" and MCW probably told him that he was being held out by the Sixers front office. Look, its clear to me that MCW will be a star, and thats probably pretty clear to the Sixers as well - but if tanking to get one more piece to add to a young up and coming team requires MCW to sit out games here and there the Sixers front office will be more than willing to do that. Lets just hope this doesn't cost MCW the rookie of the year trophy and doesn't cause him to be labeled by the media as "injury prone".

That's my worry as well, him being out so much is going to give him that label not to mention hurt him in future contract negotiations.

Sixers are holding him out now and will continue to hold him out of competition in the future for trumped up injuries that he could and would play through - all for the Wiggins/Parker/Randle sweepstakes. Why do you think Boeheim spoke so harshly about teams tanking and said there weren't any trancendant players worth tanking for. Boeheim has probably spoken with MCW about the "injury" and MCW probably told him that he was being held out by the Sixers front office.

wow... thats a great point.

Sixers are holding him out now and will continue to hold him out of competition in the future for trumped up injuries that he could and would play through - all for the Wiggins/Parker/Randle sweepstakes. Why do you think Boeheim spoke so harshly about teams tanking and said there weren't any trancendant players worth tanking for. Boeheim has probably spoken with MCW about the "injury" and MCW probably told him that he was being held out by the Sixers front office. Look, its clear to me that MCW will be a star, and thats probably pretty clear to the Sixers as well - but if tanking to get one more piece to add to a young up and coming team requires MCW to sit out games here and there the Sixers front office will be more than willing to do that.

Lets just hope this doesn't cost MCW the rookie of the year trophy and doesn't cause him to be labeled by the media as "injury prone".

Actually I've read that he has a very nasty skin infection that has gone into his knee . His teammates were commenting on how ugly and swollen it looked. I don't think there is any fakery going on. I just wish him a speedy recovery.

As I understand it, an "injury" is not the problem. He had an infection in his knee for which he was hospitalized. That can be serious if not attended to properly.

That's my worry as well, him being out so much is going to give him that label not to mention hurt him in future contract negotiations.

Exactly. Melo's NBA success has been great for the SU program, but he was playing on the hill 10 years ago now. Cuse needs another NBA star and I think MCW will be that guy. I don't think the Sixers are stupid enough to get in the way of his future, but they are willing to slow him down a bit out of the gate.

Actually I've read that he has a very nasty skin infection that has gone into his knee . His teammates were commenting on how ugly and swollen it looked. I don't think there is any fakery going on. I just wish him a speedy recovery.

Sounds gross, and I have heard about an infection in his knee as well though I think you will agree there has been very little in the way of media reports about the situation - HIPPA violations be damned. I wish him a speedy recovery as well and while this may not be a fake health issue I believe there will be a lot of games missed this year as a result of injuries like the bruise that held him out earlier this year.

I think that when teams tank, it's generally done multiple seasons. So if that is what is going on here (I don't know if it is), I can't see the 76ers doing it again. Thus, if he is healthy in the future, he'll get to play if he's good enough...On another note, if Philly is keeping Noel out, I think it would be wise to play him at the end of the season for a month or so if he's healthy. He probably wouldn't win them too many games, but the refs would get to know him.

I think that when teams tank, it's generally done multiple seasons. So if that is what is going on here (I don't know if it is), I can't see the 76ers doing it again. Thus, if he is healthy in the future, he'll get to play if he's good enough...On another note, if Philly is keeping Noel out, I think it would be wise to play him at the end of the season for a month or so if he's healthy. He probably wouldn't win them too many games, but the refs would get to know him.

Well I think its obvious that they are tanking. I do think this is it though, I think they feel great about MCW and getting Noel back will be big for them, they just want that one last piece like Parker or Wiggins or Randle. With having so much salary cap room on top of that - thats a great start.

This was my impression as well.
Infections are becoming more resistant to antibiotics , and your future star is worth all the time in the world it takes to recover. Sixers ain't winning anything- and like JB, I don't see a major "game-changer" worth tanking for.
Sit him till he's TOTALLY healthy.

giving you a like not because I agree with your post, but because I like your handle and avatar.

All this is why the NBA sucks. Players are clamoring to get into this system?? And I love the idea that you have to come out early because then you are younger - so teams can shut you down for business reasons. Sixers trying to tank have perma-benched Nerlens Noel even though he could have played at least some this year and now there is at least reasonable speculation they are holding MCW out. Bah humbug on the whole rotten thing.

All this is why the NBA sucks. Players are clamoring to get into this system?? And I love the idea that you have to come out early because then you are younger - so teams can shut you down for business reasons. Sixers trying to tank have perma-benched Nerlens Noel even though he could have played at least some this year and now there is at least reasonable speculation they are holding MCW out. Bah humbug on the whole rotten thing.

Noel blew out his knee less than a year ago. Best case he comes back in March or April. That's not tanking.

Noel blew out his knee less than a year ago. Best case he comes back in March or April. That's not tanking.

So you think the Sixers are not tanking??? I agree that Noel being out is not tanking as much as just rehabing, but, that isn't the only evidence for them tanking. It's at least widely speculated that they are tanking, I have no inside knowledge of it of course.

By the way, I don't agree with a tanking strategy, I think its stupid. Doesn't mean it isn't happening

By the way, I don't agree with a tanking strategy, I think its stupid. Doesn't mean it isn't happening
How exactly is it stupid? Should they have another decade of just in/just out of the playoffs with a much lower chance of getting a game changer in the draft? It's a long term strategy, which has been something lacking from that franchise forever. they have mcw, nerlens and two likely lottery picks this year...plus some combo of thad young, evan turner et al...and lots of cap room. the stupid move would be to continue to leverage the future to sneak into the playoffs with a mediocre team again.