MCW Sorry if already posted | Syracusefan.com

MCW Sorry if already posted

llandz

Living Legend
I've been a little preoccupied, but wanted to mention that MCW tweeted the other day that he had just finished the semester and had all A's and B's. I think this is worthy of mentioning. One...he returned and finished the semester after declaring for the NBA. I bet he is one of the only players to do that from all of the schools. Secondly...he got such good grades on top of it, knowing all of the $$$ he will make, degree or no degree. He is ahead of schedule for graduating, and plans to continue, without interuption, by taking online courses to finish his degree while playing in the NBA. I think no matter what issues he may have had in the past, this puts him up there with the finest of "student athletes" by definition and example. Proud to call him a member of our Orange family.

You know you'll never hear anything good like this coming out of Kentucky.

I am very pleased to read this. I was one who felt discouraged about how he handled the L & T incident and felt it was not a good sign of character. It is wonderful to see how he has knuckled down and received good grades amidst all of the distractions of the semester (Final Four, house burned down!). I wish him the very best and hope he is able to have a great NBA career.

I've been a little preoccupied, but wanted to mention that MCW tweeted the other day that he had just finished the semester and had all A's and B's. I think this is worthy of mentioning. One...he returned and finished the semester after declaring for the NBA. I bet he is one of the only players to do that from all of the schools. Secondly...he got such good grades on top of it, knowing all of the $$$ he will make, degree or no degree. He is ahead of schedule for graduating, and plans to continue, without interuption, by taking online courses to finish his degree while playing in the NBA. I think no matter what issues he may have had in the past, this puts him up there with the finest of "student athletes" by definition and example. Proud to call him a member of our Orange family.
Once your net worth exceeds 7 figures, a degree becomes less important for the self worth aspect of our lives. I think if I had that kind of bottom line my self worth would be. Now my "bottom-line is pretty wide but thats not quite the same thing. I think the term "Fat ass covers the situation or a tent.:rolling:

Outstanding news from an APR perspective.

Hats off to MCW [and Dion / Fab last year] for doing the right thing for the SU program and getting the job done in the class room.

I know the UK shot is easy, but I think Brandon Knight finished his freshmen year with a 4.0 GPA, and I'm pretty sure it was legit, since he had something like a 4.2 in high school.

I know the UK shot is easy, but I think Brandon Knight finished his freshmen year with a 4.0 GPA, and I'm pretty sure it was legit, since he had something like a 4.2 in high school.

Knight was likely legit, as for John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Demarcus Cousins, etc. that's a different story

It's great to hear he is not an APR killer. SU needs to stay away from that.
Seems like it would be difficult for him to be able to graduate though. Not just motivation wise but from an SU standpoint of allowing that many online courses to count.

Then, even if he has positioned himself to be able to do the online thing, cost factors would start to creep in. His Bball scholarship is definitely gone, so doing it would not only be a drain on his time but would probably cost him something to do it. Pretty easy to see why people wouldn't do this.

It would certainly be noteworthy if he did it.

Knight was likely legit, as for John Wall, Eric Bledsoe, Demarcus Cousins, etc. that's a different story

Sure, I think there were serious academic issues with Bledsoe in HS, right?

Sure, I think there were serious academic issues with Bledsoe in HS, right?

Yeah he shouldn't have been allowed to play in the first place. He had HS grades written over to make his eligible despite no proper reasoning for it but the Alabama school board allowed the grade changes to stand anyway.

Good for him. As much as he drove me nuts at times, wish nothing but the best for him.

It's great to hear he is not an APR killer. SU needs to stay away from that.
Seems like it would be difficult for him to be able to graduate though. Not just motivation wise but from an SU standpoint of allowing that many online courses to count.

Then, even if he has positioned himself to be able to do the online thing, cost factors would start to creep in. His Bball scholarship is definitely gone, so doing it would not only be a drain on his time but would probably cost him something to do it. Pretty easy to see why people wouldn't do this.

It would certainly be noteworthy if he did it.
There are entire programs online now and the money clearly won't be an issue. I have friend who got a masters while playing NFL football of course there is more down time in football. He basically did spring and summer sessions for two years.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Knight also went to a great academic school in high school. He is a smart guy.

Donte Green (remember him?) also made it a point to leave in good academic standing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom