MCW tweet... | Syracusefan.com

MCW tweet...

orange03

Starter
Everybody follow my Lil bro @_Boogie11 he's next at Syracuse ! Follow NOW

Boogie11 being Briscoe. Anybody hearing anything?

Nice to see that the players are tight with high priority recruits--man, what an advantage!

Everybody follow my Lil bro @_Boogie11 he's next at Syracuse ! Follow NOW

Boogie11 being Briscoe. Anybody hearing anything?

booger5.jpg

I can't imagine he will commit. Does he have any eligibility?

I thought the same thing. It's become the culture at Syracuse and something that will make Cuse strong going forward. Starting to notice this on the football side of things as well.

dont you think it has more to do with the advancement of social media?

i am 100% sure this is nothing new and nothing limited to syracuse basketball or football.

i am 100% sure this is nothing new and nothing limited to syracuse basketball or football.
I would say at bigtime programs it is like this. I doubt Seton Hall and Rutgers have this type of stuff going on but im sure UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas do. As far as the football side goes, I think DM has really hit on something in making Cuse essentially the team of NYC. Now we havent gotten the elite guys...yet, but the way were killing it in the city and the way kids view our program as the college team of NYC, I think its only a matter of time.

I would say at bigtime programs it is like this. I doubt Seton Hall and Rutgers have this type of stuff going on but im sure UK, Duke, UNC, Kansas do. As far as the football side goes, I think DM has really hit on something in making Cuse essentially the team of NYC. Now we havent gotten the elite guys...yet, but the way were killing it in the city and the way kids view our program as the college team of NYC, I think its only a matter of time.

Actually if you follow a lot of the recruits our players relate to over social media I don't see a lot of players from other universities tweeting back and forth with them ... for instance during the Nerlens Noel saga I don't recall any UK guys tweeting with him like MCW was ... its not unheard of but I think we have some guys that have truly bought in and are taking the initiative to be leaders and this is just one more avenue to do so. Its not as common as one would think.

No I don't. Past teams did not embrace the latest and greatest recruits who might come and take their playing time away. I've can't recall any time in the past 20 years that current players took to recruits the way our guys have been over the past several years.

It's becoming a fraternity that good players want to join even in the face of limited minutes. People wondered for years how Duke and North Carolina could get star players year after year after year and this is how.

No I don't. Past teams did not embrace the latest and greatest recruits who might come and take their playing time away. I've can't recall any time in the past 20 years that current players took to recruits the way our guys have been over the past several years.

It's becoming a fraternity that good players want to join even in the face of limited minutes. People wondered for years how Duke and North Carolina could get star players year after year after year and this is how.

Fair enough. I just think I disagree with that. I knew plenty of football players that became good friends while hosting recruits and stayed in contact with them.

IMO, while its great to see, it is nothing new. Just a new way of doing it.

I think at least part of it has to be contributed to the fact lots of these kids play against each other, or with each other, at the many all star camps and AAU tourneys. I think that's different from days of yore.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom