MCW will be on NBA TV today at 7:30 vs the Bulls | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

MCW will be on NBA TV today at 7:30 vs the Bulls

MCW as a freshman was not better than Dion Waiters as a Sophmore IMO . He was not better than Fab or Scoop that year either IMO. Scoop may not get the credit he deserves but on the all time PG list at SU he's got to be pretty far up there. Its hard for a freshman PG to be better than a very good 5th year PG. More talented sure but a better player . . . . . . very unlikely. Look at how much MCW struggled last year with his shot? There were plenty of games last year that if we had Scoop we would not have been nearly as handcuffed offensively as we were. Saying he should have played more or that he was more talented than so and so is a very legitimate arguement or point to make but saying he was the outright best player on a team that had 3 players drafted plus a 5th year starting PG and a 3rd year starting guard is really really stretching things to the point that I can no longer wrap my mind around how one could actually believe such a thing.

To all the; "He should've played ahead of Scoop/Dion/Triche" etc....
revisionist.jpg

While he shouldn't have played over Scoop and Waiter, Brandon Triche is another story. I wouldn't have had a problem with the two of them splitting Triche's minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Perhaps he should have played last year, you know when he was 100% cleared and healthy . . . . . . . . oh thats right he didn't feel like he was ready. Something really weird and for me off putting for me. The guy was healthy making a crap load of money but he doesn't come back to try and help his team with no real reason given. He may never be the Derrick Rose of before, but there is no doubt you are correct he is no where close right now.
I can understand wanting him to play when he was cleared to play. But cleared to play means medically ready. It does not mean game ready. Would you want Rose, after a year layoff, in the playoffs at 80% of what he was? I don't think he wanted that.

I get that teams will scout his tendencies but this isn't Lin-sanity. MCW's tendencies are he's a 6'6 freakishly long PG with great vision and passing ability.
Let's not turn him into Magic Johnson after 3 games. Let's wait and see.

I can understand wanting him to play when he was cleared to play. But cleared to play means medically ready. It does not mean game ready. Would you want Rose, after a year layoff, in the playoffs at 80% of what he was? I don't think he wanted that.

I believe he could have played the last month of the season and gotten into game shape if he wanted to. Mainly that is from the length of time we see other guys coming back and playing from that injury. How long will Kobe be out compared to Rose in months? Rose was injured in the playoffs and I don't understand why he wasn't playing or at least practicing 10 months later. I founf the whole situation weird and then they really babied him into this season as well. I don't understand it.

While he shouldn't have played over Scoop and Waiter, Brandon Triche is another story. I wouldn't have had a problem with the two of them splitting Triche's minutes.

We will severely miss Brandon Triche this year, and his worth will be reflected much more than people think. JMHO

We will severely miss Brandon Triche this year, and his worth will be reflected much more than people think. JMHO

This year we'll miss him much more than we would have with a 5th year Scoop, sophomore Dion and top recruit MCW. Triche has/had value on the defensive end and there is no doubt about that.

MCW playing out of his mind. I wonder how long he will keep this up.

This sixerfever215 douche bag over on real gm thinks he's mr big shot. Saying Syracuse stunted his growth and just bad mouthing the program. filthadelphia fans talk so much bs.
These d-bags talk out of both sides of their mouth and have an answer for everything. If MCW flops, it's going to be " Boeheim can't develop NBA Talent.". They'd serve the public better by just saying they hate SU and be done with it. Stop trying to cloak it with faux reason.

I get that teams will scout his tendencies but this isn't Lin-sanity. MCW's tendencies are he's a 6'6 freakishly long PG with great vision and passing ability.
I remember a guy in a purple uniform that was similar to that (+/- 3in)