MCW will be on NBA TV today at 7:30 vs the Bulls | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

MCW will be on NBA TV today at 7:30 vs the Bulls

One thing about tanking is that it is hard for the players to do. Besides the fact that these athletes' instincts push them to play their best, a lot of them are playing for their next contract. I think very few players actually try to lose. It is a little easier for management (and coaches) to tank as they can make the decision not to put their best talent on the court say they are just "giving their less experienced players more time to develop." Unfortunately for the 76ers, it looks like MCW is trying to spoil their plans.
You don't think if they keep it up anywhere near what they are doing that it won't sell tickets? Management can handle that just fine.
Sixers will likely still get a very high draft pick. Certainly some good prospects will still be there when they select.

SportsCenter host to MCW: "I'm a shameless Syracuse fan, I watched just about every game you played in college. Can you tell us the difference adjusting from college to the NBA?"

Great start for mcw but the comparisons/implications that mcw is > that rose is :eek: :eek:

I'm reading the Philly messageboard and the reactions are priceless. They were already accepting this season would be a tank #Tankadelphia. Now, they have no idea what to think. It's just a bunch of delirious exasperation.

You photoshop wizards should put the head of the Philly GM on this picture

original.jpg

Taking nothing away from MCW as he's been terrific, but
that was not Derrick Rose out there. He has a long way to go to return to his form.

Taking nothing away from MCW as he's been terrific, but
that was not Derrick Rose out there. He has a long way to go to return to his form.

Perhaps he should have played last year, you know when he was 100% cleared and healthy . . . . . . . . oh thats right he didn't feel like he was ready. Something really weird and for me off putting for me. The guy was healthy making a crap load of money but he doesn't come back to try and help his team with no real reason given. He may never be the Derrick Rose of before, but there is no doubt you are correct he is no where close right now.

Perhaps he should have played last year, you know when he was 100% cleared and healthy . . . . . . . . oh thats right he didn't feel like he was ready. Something really weird and for me off putting for me. The guy was healthy making a crap load of money but he doesn't come back to try and help his team with no real reason given. He may never be the Derrick Rose of before, but there is no doubt you are correct he is no where close right now.

I don't agree. Given that he's struggling now, he probably would've really struggled last year. And it's a serious injury that's hardly uncommon to miss an entire season from. He hadn't played with that team all year, he's not going to just show up in the playoffs and everything clicks.

I have no reason to believe that Derrick Rose doesn't want to play basketball. Cleared or not, if he wasn't ready he wasn't ready.

I don't agree. Given that he's struggling now, he probably would've really struggled last year. And it's a serious injury that's hardly uncommon to miss an entire season from. He hadn't played with that team all year, he's not going to just show up in the playoffs and everything clicks.

I have no reason to believe that Derrick Rose doesn't want to play basketball. Cleared or not, if he wasn't ready he wasn't ready.

If you are cleared to play then you are ready. Its your job. You suit up and then its on the coach to decide if you can help the team or not. When the player decides he's not ready he is making himself a special case IMO and I don't like it. Kobe is pushing to get back right now, because he is a superior competetor. I also don't like the Sixer's sitting Noel all season, get him some experience. Perhaps Rose would be more ready now if he'dhave struggled some at the end of the season.

Whomever was MCW's shooting coach this summer should triple his prices! And SU should hire him today as a special consultant! MCW is shooting from NBA 3 far better than he did from the college line last year!

it's kind of like MC-Dubsanity right now.
This.
I think folks are just having fun with all the "MCW > Rose, LBJ, etc." stuff.
I saw where someone wrote; "Michael "Jordan" Carter-Williams"! Obviously thats nowhere near the truth, but why not fantasize?
Just like LinSanity as long as Philly keeps winning, folks like me and many others will keep watching. Its not that serious- lets just enjoy the ride! :cool:

You need to remember that this is the first time these guys have played against MCW. While he has had great games, his opponents now have a better feel for his tendencies too. The next time out against them will be far more meaningful.

If you are cleared to play then you are ready. Its your job. You suit up and then its on the coach to decide if you can help the team or not. When the player decides he's not ready he is making himself a special case IMO and I don't like it. Kobe is pushing to get back right now, because he is a superior competetor. I also don't like the Sixer's sitting Noel all season, get him some experience. Perhaps Rose would be more ready now if he'dhave struggled some at the end of the season.

Playing, and playing well are two different things. As he's struggling right now, it's easy to assume he would've struggled worse 6 months ago.

What would've been the point? He knew he wasn't ready. The team had a good year, throwing a guy in there who hasn't played all year would've hurt the team more than helped.

Suiting up and then letting the coach sit him? How would that help? That puts all the heat on the coach everytime they lose. "Derrick Rose is ready and coach won't play him!!"

I get that teams will scout his tendencies but this isn't Lin-sanity. MCW's tendencies are he's a 6'6 freakishly long PG with great vision and passing ability.
Last year, after being scouted, teams took away the pass when he was going to the hoop. He often struggled finishing at the rim. This year he's finishing quite well with either hand. With his height and hops he's a tough match-up for most guards at the rim.

Playing, and playing well are two different things. As he's struggling right now, it's easy to assume he would've struggled worse 6 months ago.

What would've been the point? He knew he wasn't ready. The team had a good year, throwing a guy in there who hasn't played all year would've hurt the team more than helped.

Suiting up and then letting the coach sit him? How would that help? That puts all the heat on the coach everytime they lose. "Derrick Rose is ready and coach won't play him!!"

If you don't think he could have played the last month of the regular season then I don't know what to tell you. And even if he would have struggled if he only started playing in the playoffs I kind of have a problem with him not wanting to play. He should want to play if physocally ready shouldn't he?

I get that teams will scout his tendencies but this isn't Lin-sanity. MCW's tendencies are he's a 6'6 freakishly long PG with great vision and passing ability.
Last year, after being scouted, teams took away the pass when he was going to the hoop. He often struggled finishing at the rim. This year he's finishing quite well with either hand. With his height and hops he's a tough match-up for most guards at the rim.

It was the first time he played those guys as well, he will improve as long as he continues to shoot well he is in great shape.
It will be harder to take the drive and the pass away from MCW in the NBA because you can't deter progress and spacing is much better.

Drop the whole he shoulds played more as a frosh bs guys... he wasnt ready to lead that group. He needed to get stronger and polish his game.[/quYou're
You're simply wrong. He was the best player on the team his freshman year and I said so many times.

Maybe he was the most talented potential wise. That doesnt mean he was ready. He was not physically mature enough. That team was handicapped by fab's ineligibility. Mcw would not have fixed that issue. You forget triche and dion against the buckeyes. It was not having fab in the middle that hurt us against sullinger. Just as not having fab against withey would have beem an issue. We were damn good at guard. Your not correct on this one.