MCW will see limited minutes | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

MCW will see limited minutes

Revisionist much?

That was a brick that died on the backiron and dropped through.

LoL maybe your right. :D Still if he can duplicate that shot 50% of the time I don't think many of us would mind.

If MCW is sitting on the bench much this year, it means either 1) we're better than anyone expected and he just can't earn the time, or 2) JB is being even more stubborn than usual.

The kid is an absolute stud. He was the best player on the court tonight.

Don't give up your day job to be a talent evaluator. MCW turned the game when he replaced Scoop (after another bonehead Scoop ally-oop attempt at just the wrong time).

This. He and Waiters seem to play well together. Tonight, I'm afraid to know the outcome if MCW wasn't in there for Scoop 2H.

Come big east play ... Cannot dribble whatsoever and has extremely slow feet on D(yes, he had a few blocks down low, but those were because he was stationary)

Embarrassing post considering his play tonight.

Was our best guard and is going to get plenty of time.

Come big east play ... Cannot dribble whatsoever and has extremely slow feet on D(yes, he had a few blocks down low, but those were because he was stationary)
Do you still truly ... deep in your heart ... beyond a shadow of doubt ... without any question ... feel that MCW will see limited minutes this year?

MCW has tons of talent. It's only a matter of time before everything clicks and he gains the necessary experience in the system. He's going to be GREAT. Not good, GREAT. You're seeing a special player. He played very well last night, and yes it was against lesser competition. But if he keeps progressing, it's going to be VERY tough to keep him off the court. Scoop should be concerned.

LoL maybe your right. :D Still if he can duplicate that shot 50% of the time I don't think many of us would mind.

I mean, I still think he has a low release and will have difficulty getting his shot off while defended.

But not every freshman comes in and consistently knocks down open 21-footers (neither Scoop nor Dion could do it). Over two games, it looks like Williams can, which is nice. He played well.

dont underestimate his ability to create space for his shot to get off, a little but of a low release but effective, he can beat you on the dribble besides outside the arc.

We'll probably see him at his best for the next eight to ten weeks. Given his build, his ability to work off the dribble could really suffer once he hits the Big East/freshman wall.

But I don't doubt that Jay Bilas will soon be talking about him as the most talented player on the team. He can do a lot of things well - I loved the play last night where he cut on a give-and-go with Dion, found the lane clogged, but was able to dump it down to Christmas for a basket. Many freshman guards - and many smaller veteran guards - wind up with a turnover on that play (if they even think to make the cut in the first place).

some people wont be happy when theyre watching him play from the bench.

Huh?

You mean this someone? “I take pride in helping him because when I’m gone, you pass the torch to somebody who’s going to be great,” Jardine said. “And I want him to be better than what I was here. And I think he’s got the potential to do that. He also has the skill.”

As fun as it may be to pretend otherwise, I'd like to think that the players genuinely want to win games and see one another improve. This petty starters vs. reserves is contrived and counterproductive.

he has all the tools, I feel his only problem could be games like Pitt/LVille where the guards will try to intimidate him and be physical, but with his build I imagine he is used to guys trying to push him around

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom