MCW | Syracusefan.com

MCW

timkay99

All Conference
So, 2 posts on Triche and no love for the supposed lottery pick PG who has 13 assists and 0 turnovers?

Amazing how much better a PG plays when people are hitting shots...

He is playing great. Not bad for the worst point guard since Theus. He is doing a great job of getting in the lane. I'm on cloud 9 right now. I feel like I just got my girlfriend back and she is looking the best she has in months. I've been married for 6 years but you know what I mean.

He is playing great. Not bad for the worst point guard since Theus. He is doing a great job of getting in the lane. I'm on cloud 9 right now. I feel like I just got my girlfriend back and she is looking the best she has in months. I've been married for 6 years but you know what I mean.
Girlfriend? Wife? Can't we have both?
Nah, just kidding. Married, thus whipped.
I'm all talky talky talky. Not so much walky.

He has played more than good enough the past handful of games if anyone on our team could have scored. MCW has come a long way actually, people are just too stubborn or ignorant to realize it. Great game today, but it was Seton Hall. Big one tomorrow. Take down Pitt !!

he has played almost the same the entire season except today people were actually making shots. when they don't make shots he tries to make something happen and is forced to shoot some more. it all goes hand in hand.

the Theus comparison was just an absolute joke. i don't see how anyone could have taken that seriously.

MCW dropping dimes. His 14 dimes makes him tied with Mark Jackson, Brandin Knight and Pearl Washington for most in a BET game.

Not bad company.

MCW played a helluva game. This is what we need from him the rest of the way. If so, we're the team that went 18-1.

That was great. This is a point guard who'll contribute to a good team.

Crazy what'll happen when he plays under control and in distribution-first mode (and finds his bigs).

He has played more than good enough the past handful of games if anyone on our team could have scored. MCW has come a long way actually, people are just too stubborn or ignorant to realize it. Great game today, but it was Seton Hall. Big one tomorrow. Take down Pitt !!

but i heard MCW sucked?

Bartender, "Likes" all around please!

C'mon this is Seton Hall. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, but MCW always come up big against cupcakes. If he can do it against Pitt I'll get excited.

(and players are making shots)

As far as assist totals go, of course.

But I don't care as much about that (though it's cool to be listed on the same line as Pearl and Mark Jackson) - I just liked his play. Kept the errors way down (poor situational awareness on the foul, but I'll take an error of commission over the opposite any day), was pretty active on defense, and really looked composed in the half-court.

Even if South and Triche had missed all those shots and Mike had had 7 assists, I'd still be singing his praises. Today he looked the part of a very good college point guard.

C'mon this is Seton Hall. I'm not saying it wasn't impressive, but MCW always come up big against cupcakes. If he can do it against Pitt I'll get excited.

You mean like putting up:

11 pts, 7 rebs (tied team lead), 6 assists (game high), 1 steal, 1 turnover vs #10 Louisville? Or

16 pts (team lead), 5 rebs, 7 assists (game high), 1 steal, 3 turnovers vs vs #21 Cincinatti? Or

5 pts, 3 rebs, 8 assists (game high), 3 steals, 1 block, 1 turnover vs #25 Notre Dame? Or

10 pts, 3 rebs, 7 assists (game high), 3 steals (game high), 3 turnovers vs Villanova?

And then some other decent games (except for the high number of turnovers) include:

14 pts, 0 rebs, 5 assists (2nd on team), 2 steals (team high), but 4 turnovers against #22 Marquette at their place? Or

7 pts, 4 rebs, 5 assists (tied for game high), 2 steals (tied team high), 1 block, but 3 turnovers against #11 Georgetown? Or even

16 pts (2nd team), 4 rebs, 7 assists (game high), 4 steals (tied game high), 2 blocks (team high!), BUT 8 turnovers (!) in taking down #1 Louisville at their place?

I'd say he's been not too shabby for a guy leading a college bball team for the first time ever...

You mean like putting up:

11 pts, 7 rebs (tied team lead), 6 assists (game high), 1 steal, 1 turnover vs #10 Louisville? Or

16 pts (team lead), 5 rebs, 7 assists (game high), 1 steal, 3 turnovers vs vs #21 Cincinatti? Or

5 pts, 3 rebs, 8 assists (game high), 3 steals, 1 block, 1 turnover vs #25 Notre Dame? Or

10 pts, 3 rebs, 7 assists (game high), 3 steals (game high), 3 turnovers vs Villanova?

And then some other decent games (except for the high number of turnovers) include:

14 pts, 0 rebs, 5 assists (2nd on team), 2 steals (team high), but 4 turnovers against #22 Marquette at their place? Or

7 pts, 4 rebs, 5 assists (tied for game high), 2 steals (tied team high), 1 block, but 3 turnovers against #11 Georgetown? Or even

16 pts (2nd team), 4 rebs, 7 assists (game high), 4 steals (tied game high), 2 blocks (team high!), BUT 8 turnovers (!) in taking down #1 Louisville at their place?

I'd say he's been not too shabby for a guy leading a college bball team for the first time ever...

Perhaps mentioning the Marquette and Louisville games isn't helping make your point...

Mike played very well today. I've been one of his harshest critics. But I've seen a maturity in him lately that is very becoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, 2 posts on Triche and no love for the supposed lottery pick PG who has 13 assists and 0 turnovers?

Amazing how much better a PG plays when people are hitting shots...
Southerland clearly was the big difference Trich woke up and helped a bit late. Interesting how Jimmy handles two tough games in arrow with PT and rest. I knew the game was over when the camera caught Jim with his finger up his nose to the second knuckle of his index finger. Apparently Jimmy's parents or the trustees haven't spoken to him regarding this ugly habit that is supposed to be broken by the time adulthood is achieved. Geesh!! Oh Lord

my favorite play was midway through the 2nd half, mcw is WIDE OPEN at the top of the key stepping right into a 3...but he passed it to a wide open james in the corner.

I agree. He also had a play where he was at outside of the three point line and James was still working is way down court. MCW kind of just hund out waiting for James and dumped it to him for the 3. Good court awareness, and good job knowing where the hot hand was

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom