MCW's roommate | Syracusefan.com

MCW's roommate

two3zone

RIP Shark58
http://bostonherald.com/sports/celt..._williams_benefits_from_having_a_roommate_his

Pretty cool article about our point guard from last season who led us to the Final Four.

I still see BS from posters about his L+T issue from last season, hope this article shows these dimwits that this kid has a great head on his shoulders and some awesome family values.

I don't think I've rooted harder for one SU player to succeed in the league as much as I do MCW. I think it's because he was so unappreciated last season, not talking about just on this board but through fans across town that I ran into and some friends that I spoke to during last year.

Carter-Williams signed a rookie contract that guarantees him $4.5 million over the next two years and could reach a total of $10 million if the Sixers pick up two option years. That salary is deposited into a trust he can’t touch for three years.

“If he blows out his knee tomorrow, he’ll end up having over $4 million in the bank,” Zegarowski said. “That’s a pretty good start before you’re 25 years old.”

Carter-Williams has access to the earnings from his endorsement deals with Nike and Panini trading cards, which allows him to indulge his appetite for clothes. He shares a leased Mercedes Benz S350 with Zegarowski and hasn’t made any extravagant purchases.

Good for MCW. I know not every athlete can do what he is doing, but it sounds like he is on a great track.

Carter-Williams signed a rookie contract that guarantees him $4.5 million over the next two years and could reach a total of $10 million if the Sixers pick up two option years. That salary is deposited into a trust he can’t touch for three years.

“If he blows out his knee tomorrow, he’ll end up having over $4 million in the bank,” Zegarowski said. “That’s a pretty good start before you’re 25 years old.”

Carter-Williams has access to the earnings from his endorsement deals with Nike and Panini trading cards, which allows him to indulge his appetite for clothes. He shares a leased Mercedes Benz S350 with Zegarowski and hasn’t made any extravagant purchases.

Good for MCW. I know not every athlete can do what he is doing, but it sounds like he is on a great track.
Gordon Hayward will forever be my enemy, but I remember reading similar things about how he handled his finances his first year too. Gotta respect it. Supposedly Hayward had minor endorsement deals with Subway and Olive Garden which gave him unlimited free meals, and he took full advantage of that with the help and guidance of the Jazz training team. He banked everything from his first year.

Am I the only one that read that as, "which allows him to indulge his appetite for bathrobes". ;)

On a serious note, good for him. He seems like he has a great head on his shoulders. If anything were to happen, say tomorrow, that would put the kaboosh on his playing career I am sure he will still be wildly successful with whatever he does.

just remember, when he is "indulging his appetite for clothes," he is not buying a t-shirt at the Gap. You can drop $3600 on just one sweater at Barneys. I saw a young Clippers rook in Barneys a few years back and he was buying a literal pile of expensive clothes . . . might have dropped close to $50K, if he bought everything his shopping assistant was putting aside for him.

Dion and Kyrie vs MCW tonight! Opening night SU hoops tonight! A good day for our OrangeMEN nation!

SoBe...any chance this is on sportstime ohio? Couple of our ACC football games have been there..

just remember, when he is "indulging his appetite for clothes," he is not buying a t-shirt at the Gap. You can drop $3600 on just one sweater at Barneys. I saw a young Clippers rook in Barneys a few years back and he was buying a literal pile of expensive clothes . . . might have dropped close to $50K, if he bought everything his shopping assistant was putting aside for him.
I have zero concept of a sweater costing more than like, maybe $50.

Obviously I'm just a no class beat down fool, and I will always be this way, but I think of the things I could do with $3600, and I like at the fine assortment of Bill Cosby caliber sweaters at the thrift store, and I am unable to reconcile a sweater being valued at, I dunno, probably more than the car I'm driving right now.

4 million in the bank. Wow. I cannot even fathom that figure.

I have zero concept of a sweater costing more than like, maybe $50.

Obviously I'm just a no class beat down fool, and I will always be this way, but I think of the things I could do with $3600, and I like at the fine assortment of Bill Cosby caliber sweaters at the thrift store, and I am unable to reconcile a sweater being valued at, I dunno, probably more than the car I'm driving right now.

High end haberdashery is designed to separate the client from as much of their money as possible . . . next time you're in LA be sure to stop into some of the shops on Rodeo Drive . . . the sweater is one of the more moderately priced items. When David Stern instituted his dress code, he unwittingly unleashed a clothing arms race that would contribute to the early bankruptcy of a generation of young almost-but-not-quite NBA talents

SoBe...any chance this is on sportstime ohio? Couple of our ACC football games have been there..

You're right. Quite a few fball games were on there. I checked. No STO for this one. I'm stuck with ESPN3.

High end haberdashery is designed to separate the client from as much of their money as possible . . . next time you're in LA be sure to stop into some of the shops on Rodeo Drive . . . the sweater is one of the more moderately priced items. When David Stern instituted his dress code, he unwittingly unleashed a clothing arms race that would contribute to the early bankruptcy of a generation of young almost-but-not-quite NBA talents
Had not thought of it like that, but you're absolutely right.

4 million in the bank. Wow. I cannot even fathom that figure.

The money these kids can make on potential alone (see Nerlens Noel) is absurd... If they are responsible, like it sounds MCW is being, they could be set for life... My uncle is a FP for a bunch of pro athletes and is astounded at how irresponsible they can be. Imagine being able to do whatever you wanted, without any money stress, by the time you're 25... Yikes! :crazy:

If only MCW had kept his hands off that bathrobe - he'd have been one of the most beloved SU players in recent memory.

Gordon Hayward will forever be my enemy, but I remember reading similar things about how he handled his finances his first year too. Gotta respect it. Supposedly Hayward had minor endorsement deals with Subway and Olive Garden which gave him unlimited free meals, and he took full advantage of that with the help and guidance of the Jazz training team. He banked everything from his first year.

Judging by his suplex skills he also has the WWE as a fallback career option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom