Me no like | Syracusefan.com

Me no like

SWC75

Bored Historian
Whether it's one of our games or a game I don't even care about, I hate it when a team is working for the last shot, (as Tennessee just did), and the guy waits out at midcourt until there are 4-5 seconds left, then moves in, gets blocked from making a real move to the basket and puts up a 15-20 footer at the buzzer. I realize that you are trying to prevent the other team from having any kind of a shot after you score, (and the Tennessee-Iowa game was tied, so they had overtime to fall back on), but the priority should be to score. if somebody throws in a prayer with a couple of seconds left, all power to them.

I want to see the player make a move earlier and be unafraid to pass the ball to a teammate, then get the shot up when you might have time for a follow shot.

Whether it's one of our games or a game I don't even care about, I hate it when a team is working for the last shot, (as Tennessee just did), and the guy waits out at midcourt until there are 4-5 seconds left, then moves in, gets blocked from making a real move to the basket and puts up a 15-20 footer at the buzzer. I realize that you are trying to prevent the other team from having any kind of a shot after you score, (and the Tennessee-Iowa game was tied, so they had overtime to fall back on), but the priority should be to score. if somebody throws in a prayer with a couple of seconds left, all power to them.

I want to see the player make a move earlier and be unafraid to pass the ball to a teammate, then get the shot up when you might have time for a follow shot.
Absolutely. With SU I'm always screaming for them to start the play 3-4 seconds earlier than they do.

I agree. The conversion rate of such plays seem low to me. Usually the shot a team does get is very low percentage as opposed to if they were to run a legitimate offensive set.

Just run your offense - try to capitalize on the defense overplaying. If you have decent ballhandlers no reason not to start the offense earlier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom