Meet the Mets ... Until at least 2043 | Syracusefan.com

Meet the Mets ... Until at least 2043

Renovation would be an unforgiveable waste of funding imo.

25 million for something that will be a 25 year deal doesnt seem like much to me.

Just being connected to a MLB team from the biggest market in the country is going to bring a whole bunch of people out. I've lived in Syracuse my whole life. I know how these people think. I am one of them. Than add in 25 mill into the park. People are going to come! I will be one of them! I'm ready to buy gear now and go to a game!

Throw 100 mil and all of King midas’ gold and people still wont go to that location.

It's up to the politicians and tax payers now and to the baseball fans of CNY to make it work. No excuses!

Update coming today. Perhaps a name change to the Syracuse Mets?

i assume that also means the usual color changes for all Syracuse teams..

Syracuse Mets.

As a mets fan - this is stupid and that logo STINKS

Throw 100 mil and all of King midas’ gold and people still wont go to that location.
Yep. Extremely bad decision to build the new stadium at the old MacArthur Stadium site. There's absolutely nothing around there.

The Durham Bulls built their stadium downtown around the same time in the 90s, and they continue to draw extremely well because the stadium is in close proximity to numerous food, drink, and entertainment options. The trend of people moving from the suburbs back to revitalized urban areas, especially young people, means a downtown stadium would make too much sense for Syracuse, but I doubt it will ever happen.

I am glad to be rid of the Nats. As a Met fan, it was hard to go to games and root for Nats farmhands, as the Nats have to be the biggest rival of the Mets right now.

I am glad we will apparently have AAA baseball in Syracuse until 2043, by which time the Wilpons will all hopefully be in jail or otherwise incapacitated. I say apparently because we are dealing with the Wilpons. Please have the lawyers assume the Mets will attempt to break the lease and impose new conditions almost immediately upon signing it.

I am glad the facility will be improved. I have disliked its design, and unfinished tower, from day one. Would love to be able to sit in bleacher seats behind the outfield fence. Would love to be able to walk all the way around the stadium. Would love to see an open concourse design expanded to the whole stadium. Would love to see elements of Syracuse architecture finally expressed in the design. Add some Onondaga limestone as an homage to the Hall of Languages and the County Courthouse. Add a toll path and a canal outside the concourse out behind the outfield, put a barge in it and build a floating restaurant there. Add a train ride that runs on the train tracks that surrounds the outfield to embrace Syracuse's heritage as a train oriented city. The tracks are already there. Maybe elevate them and have the train run whenever a home run is hit by the home team.

Still hate the location. Think the name change is foolish and makes no sense given the AA franchise in Binghamton was called the Mets for years and recently changed its name to the Rumble Ponies. I assume this means the name of the franchise will be changed to something else after a couple of years in another attempt to take money from the wallets of the fans. Memo to the Village Idiots (nickname for the Wilpon family): the best run minor franchises keep their name long term and value tradition and fan loyalty.

Yep. Extremely bad decision to build the new stadium at the old MacArthur Stadium site. There's absolutely nothing around there.

The Durham Bulls built their stadium downtown around the same time in the 90s, and they continue to draw extremely well because the stadium is in close proximity to numerous food, drink, and entertainment options. The trend of people moving from the suburbs back to revitalized urban areas, especially young people, means a downtown stadium would make too much sense for Syracuse, but I doubt it will ever happen.
I’ve argued exactly that in other threads, and I’m prepred to do so here. To the death.

Destiny USA is walking distance.

won't change the attendance by much is my guess.
62nd is pretty good ...

Buffalo's stadium is in a downtown location as well. As is Rochester's.

But the first rule of holes is to keep digging when you find yourself in one ... no, wait, that's not right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom