Meet the Newcomers | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Meet the Newcomers

Watching his senior highlights, Zach Lee certainly appears to have a D1 ready body.

I'd like to see Lee lose a few pounds in order to be quicker. I'm sure the S&C guy will help immensely.

I meant from this group of 18, not the upperclassmen

Misunderstood. Of course, this is really hard to predict. I will say, despite the recruiting troubles the team has been going through recently, it seems like once kids get to Syracuse, they end up staying. A few kids might stop playing and leave the sport, but not many transfer. Obviously Wisnauskas is the big huge exception. Still it feels like even with a huge roster, surprised so many kids end up staying for all four years. They must like something about the program that makes them stay.

I think Maryland is really the only school where you see big time turnover from one year to the next, they seem to accept 3 or so transfers and lose 5 or so guys each year. Feels like a very corporate way to run your program, but maybe that's just me.

I think Maryland is really the only school where you see big time turnover from one year to the next, they seem to accept 3 or so transfers and lose 5 or so guys each year. Feels like a very corporate way to run your program, but maybe that's just me.

I am sort of hoping that drops off a little bit with the end of early recruiting, but I doubt it will drop off much. A lot of recruits like to try to make it in the Big time at UMd and when they are not playing much tend to transfer out. Also, UMd doesn't get quite as high a quality of students as Ivy league schools, so players are more like to struggle with grades and be a little more likely to misbehave. There is also the big school problem - some students can't adjust to that environment, The end result tends to be that UMd's upper classes tend to be a bit depleted; not enough of those players who have hung around for a few years developing their games - which hurts the team in the end.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom