Melo 2013 Playoffs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Melo 2013 Playoffs

the reality is that he is being forced to take too many bad shots. even so if JR was not shooting 10% the knicks still win the game carmello probably takes 4-8 less bad shots. when you have a 7ft center who no post moves and no rebounding they might as well go small and force hibbert to guard someone. they got killed on the boards as it was.

As someone who doesn't watch many NBA games but is always intrigued by the talk on here ("officiating is so much better than the college game, and the style of play is great"), I'm not very impressed with the small sample size of a few halves in the past week.

Maybe I shouldn't watch the Nets or the Knicks. But I've seen some lousy basketball and officiating, especially in today's game. Way too physical. Someone needs to tell Mike Woodson to draw up some offensive plays, and someone needs to tell Carmelo that forcing contested 21-footers is a hideous idea when you're down 8 or 10 points with a couple minutes left.

Im guessing you didnt watch the golden state vs denver series or you would be singing a different tune.

Melo played the whole 1st quarter score at the end of the 1st 27-22 knicks
Melo entered the game in the 2nd quarter at 7:45 the score is 33-34 Knicks
Halftime score 52-46 Indiana
Melo gets in foul trouble (picking up his 4th) leaves at the 7:48 the score 61-54 Indiana he did play the rest of the quarter.
End of the 3rd quarter score 81-65 Indiana
Melo played the whole 4th quarter final score 102-95.

Melo and JKidd were the only 2 players with a position +/- and Kidd didn't score.
Melo play the whole 1st and 4th quarters the Knicks scored 27pts in the first and 30 in the 4th and won both those quarters by a combined 14pts.

Melo played roughly half of 2nd and 3rd quarters the Knicks only score 19pts in each quarter and they lost both those quarters by a combined 21pts.

Melo had 11rebs; Chandler had 2rebs; K-Mart 3rebs;
The knicks lost the rebound battle 44-30...Melo again had 11rebs.

I'm not saying he had a great game what I am saying is it's a team game and the best player gets too much of the blame in a lost and too much of the credit in a win...we need everybody!

I was at the game today... and this will sound like blasphemy. I love all SU guys, but I wish the Knicks had drafted Lance Stephenson three years ago rather than Andy Rautins. Lance killed us today. He was the difference-maker in the game.
if the Knicks drafted Stephenson, 1 of 3 things wouldve happened...

1. he wouldve drank his way out of town
2. he wouldve drugged his way out of town
3. he wouldve been traded for Melo

now that hes been here for 2 nights, he will be horrible tomorrow.

There are lots of reasons for Melo's performance, as Gab mentions. First of all, if JR isn't hitting, Melo's the only volume scorer left. Second, the word in the NBA is out on Melo - play him physical. This has obviously taken a toll after, what, 76 games (injury)? Third, while I don't like watching Melo try to go inside on Indiana any more than anyone else, who else has the size and ability to get to the rim? Chandler's beat up -- and looks stiff since his neck injury.

To me, this looks like a series where we will really need Amare.

He will be back on Saturday!!! I don't know if that is good or bad though!
I heard he was close, but i didn't know it was that close (his return). It'll take some time to work him back in ... but right now with Chandler being limited, I think Amare can give us some inside balance and give us a better chance.

I heard he was close, but i didn't know it was that close (his return). It'll take some time to work him back in ... but right now with Chandler being limited, I think Amare can give us some inside balance and give us a better chance.
The issue with Amare is who does he guard? West will eat him up

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Melo has been awful these playoffs so far. No other way around it.

The thing that's hurting the Knicks as much as Melo's crappiness is Chandler is basically useless. He's obviously too banged up.

The thing that's hurting the Knicks as much as Melo's crappiness is Chandler is basically useless. He's obviously too banged up.

nail meet head- he is not half the player he was earlier in the season.

The Knicks look like little girls against Indy. Paul George is beasting out Melo...and why the **** does Woodson keep playing Kidd!?

outside of shumpert its like watching a team stuck in mud-

The Knicks look like little girls against Indy. Paul George is beasting out Melo...and why the **** does Woodson keep playing Kidd!?

melo is really hurting... tyson seems to be as well- kidd is showing his age- jr needs to step up.. him being ice cold hurts

Indiana looks like San Antonio but bigger with better defense. At least, against us they look like SA. I don't even want Melo to shoot anymore, he's a complete disaster out there. Total liability guarding West and Melo offense is nonexistent. JR is losing millions by the second with this playoff no show. Chandler is getting completely owned by Hibbbert, in fact the entire Knicks offense is getting owned by Hibbert. Shump and Felton are the only two looking like they can do a damn thing.

melo with some big plays attacking the rim there- that needs to be his game here on out.. attack and dish .. jr needs to go find his shot as its dissapeared again- honestly jr and tysons dissappearing act hurts more. Melo is a more efficient player when those two are on their game- jr being able to create his own shot is a huge part of the knicks winning 50 plus this year

Indiana looks like San Antonio but bigger with better defense. At least, against us they look like SA. I don't even want Melo to shoot anymore, he's a complete disaster out there. Total liability guarding West and Melo offense is nonexistent. JR is losing millions by the second with this playoff no show. Chandler is getting completely owned by Hibbbert, in fact the entire Knicks offense is getting owned by Hibbert. Shump and Felton are the only two looking like they can do a damn thing.
Uhm Melo is 9-20 for 21pt 7boards and 3assist and 2steals...Chandler and JR are killing but we still in the lead!

the pacers are an enigma.. look like world beaters and then get crushed.. lets hope this 4 th q carries over to game 3

Sick of reading crap about Melo on this board - sometimes I think I must be reading the Georgetown board by mistake :(
i was hard on him tonight but if you look at my posts im always defending him.. Up until the second half tonight he was awful though, no way around that. This second half, lets hope, is him breaking out of that slump.

the pacers are an enigma.. look like world beaters and then get crushed.. lets hope this 4 th q carries over to game 3

That is how they have been all year. They go long stretches where they struggle to score. That is what happens when you don't have a true star.

back in the series baby!

the three days off have to help Melo's shoulder. And maybe Chandler too. I feel like Shump is really becoming a player

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom