Melo and Ja Morant | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Melo and Ja Morant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm generally not a fan of guns, but did he do anything illegal in the state he was in? I'm not sure its fair to punish him when there's a photo circulating of a Tennessee state legislator with his entire family, including children, posing with AR-15's in front of a Christmas tree.

Morant and that guy seem incredibly irresponsible to me, though it's messed up only one is facing consequences.

Interesting with all of the shootings, and all of the protests and government officials saying no guns and stop this nonsense, there is NO pushback on this.

Society is in trouble.
There’s no pushback on this? Show me positive news about this? It’s been a huge story during an amazing historic playoff season.

I'm generally not a fan of guns, but did he do anything illegal in the state he was in? I'm not sure its fair to punish him when there's a photo circulating of a Tennessee state legislator with his entire family, including children, posing with AR-15's in front of a Christmas tree.

Morant and that guy seem incredibly irresponsible to me, though it's messed up only one is facing consequences.

I hope the next white trash player who stands over a defenseless deer or bird or any animal they murdered for fun in a picture with a gun gets the same treatment Ja has.

No issue with the NBA having these rules and assessing these punishments.

I hope the next white trash player who stands over a defenseless deer or bird or any animal they murdered for fun in a picture with a gun gets the same treatment Ja has.

Kevin Pittsnogle is offended by this.

You can have your opinions about whether hunting is right or wrong, but it's not irresponsible use of a firearm and does not show disrespect for what it's capable of. Waving a gun around in a video portrays it like a toy. Two entirely different things.

Last edited:
You can have your opinions about whether hunting is right or wrong, but it's not irresponsible use of a firearm and does not show disrespect for what it's capable of. Waving a gun around in a video portrays it like a toy. Two entirely different things.

I'm not against hunting, and even came around to being supportive of big game hunting in Africa, but it's pretty irresponsible and gross to take a smiling picture over an animal carcass.

Think I shared before but he is actually a pretty good dude. He was from the town/area I used to live for 10 years and worked at the dealership I bought my vehicles from.
I actually loved watching him play, was ahead of his time imo. My current game resembles his quite a bit lol

I'm not against hunting, and even came around to being supportive of big game hunting in Africa, but it's pretty irresponsible and gross to take a smiling picture over an animal carcass.
That is your opinion, which you're welcome to, but it has nothing to do with the responsible use of a gun, which is the topic being discussed.

As someone from a region that hunts a lot and is reliant on it.. while also having a close family member that has gone big game hunting across the world- almost all pictures of kills have the gun being held upright( if pictured)or out of the picture/laid down somewhere in background only holding the animal itself. Showing off the gun is uncommon and to me deserves the criticism.

As someone from a region that hunts a lot and is reliant on it.. while also having a close family member that has gone big game hunting across the world- almost all pictures of kills have the gun being held upright( if pictured)or out of the picture/laid down somewhere in background only holding the animal itself. Showing off the gun is uncommon and to me deserves the criticism.
I think context is important. Having one in the picture that shows the tool used the kill the animal that will be eaten would be different than waving it around indiscriminately. It's about treating it with the respect it demands.

I think context is important. Having one in the picture that shows the tool used the kill the animal that will be eaten would be different than waving it around indiscriminately. It's about treating it with the respect it demands.

Kneeling with the weapon pointed up- totally fine. Having it pointed or cocked in a direction... that's essentially same as flailing it around.

Think I shared before but he is actually a pretty good dude. He was from the town/area I used to live for 10 years and worked at the dealership I bought my vehicles from.
Think he’s a principal now too.

Interesting with all of the shootings, and all of the protests and government officials saying no guns and stop this nonsense, there is NO pushback on this.

Society is in trouble.
I’d say it’s more interesting that some of the same people criticizing Morant and calling him a “thug” and a “gangsta”(not necessarily on here), pretty much trip over themselves rushing to praise political idiot weirdos when they have their little kids holding guns on their Christmas cards.

Last edited:
I’d say it’s more interesting that some of the same people criticizing Morant and calling him a “thug” and a “gangsta”, pretty much trip over themselves rushing to praise political idiot weirdos when they have their little kids holding guns on their Christmas cards.

If he was the wearing an AR15 lapel pin on a polo with some oakleys and cargo shorts and a goatee surrounded by three day old stubbed and a neck beard, he’d be lauded.

I’d say it’s more interesting that some of the same people criticizing Morant and calling him a “thug” and a “gangsta”, pretty much trip over themselves rushing to praise political idiot weirdos when they have their little kids holding guns on their Christmas cards.
I think all parties in this case glamorizing guns are idiots.

carmelo is our best player ever. (well a better pro than derrick or pearl)
seems like he chased the money rather than the rings. it will impact his legacy.
I mean….is this a criticism of him leaving Denver for New York? Because he wouldn’t have won it all in either place, and I’m pretty sure that was far more about wanting to live and play in NY - where he was born and lived his early years. I can’t blame him for that. He got Denver out of the mud, at least. Did his job as a franchise player there as well as could be expected.

Or is this about him NOT joining the Heat? Because LeBron got crushed for joining the Heat.

You’re basically going to get criticized for something, no matter what. He had a great career. Rings aren’t everything. That’s a team accomplishment, and not sure individuals should be criticized for not winning one due to where they decided to play.

If Carmelo had the best team and his PLAY kept his team from winning it all, then criticize away.

I’d say the blame lies on the management of the teams he played for, if you want to blame anyone for him not winning a ring. Melo did his part. He never had the team around him.

I mean….is this a criticism of him leaving Denver for New York? Because he wouldn’t have won it all in either place, and I’m pretty sure that was far more about wanting to live and play in NY - where he was born and lived his early years. I can’t blame him for that. He got Denver out of the mud, at least. Did his job as a franchise player there as well as could be expected.

Or is this about him NOT joining the Heat? Because LeBron got crushed for joining the Heat.

You’re basically going to get criticized for something, no matter what. He had a great career. Rings aren’t everything. That’s a team accomplishment, and not sure individuals should be criticized for not winning one due to where they decided to play.

If Carmelo had the best team and his PLAY kept his team from winning it all, then criticize away.

I’d say the blame lies on the management of the teams he played for, if you want to blame anyone for him not winning a ring. Melo did his part. He never had the team around him.

Yeah in his prime he pretty much made the playoffs every year...and had one of the worst teams around him in the playoffs every year. He carried some serious scrubs to the postseason. Iverson was washed and the game had drastically changed away from his strengths by the time he got to Denver.

Pistons screwed him by not taking him #2.

Probably should have avoided the Knicks picking Amare Stoudamire as a running mate is a terrible call. THAT SAID... if he team hopped like LeBron did and didn't allow Denver to get a very strong return for him weakening the Knicks it might have worked out. Gallinari, Will Chandler, and Felton would have been legit help. LeBron never let Cleveland (2x) or Miami get much back for him because he wanted to be on a good team.

Yeah in his prime he pretty much made the playoffs every year...and had one of the worst teams around him in the playoffs every year. He carried some serious scrubs to the postseason. Iverson was washed and the game had drastically changed away from his strengths by the time he got to Denver.

Probably should have avoided the Knicks picking Amare Stoudamire as a running mate is a terrible call. THAT SAID... if he team hopped like LeBron did and didn't allow Denver to get a very strong return for him weakening the Knicks it might have worked out. Gallinari, Will Chandler, and Felton would have been legit help. LeBron never let Cleveland (2x) or Miami get much back for him because he wanted to be on a good team.
Amare’s body fell apart, and in the playoffs Tyson Chandler got destroyed by Roy Hibbert. Also, JR Smith and Jason Kidd shot like 20 and 10% respectively. Melo was the one guy who played up to par.

Chauncey Billups wanted to get on TV years later and talk about some “leadership” BS, but he sucked against the Lakers in 09. Carmelo produced though.

Once he hit his prime, he always played up to what he was supposed to. His teammates never did, when the chips were down.

Also, Amare hurt himself punching a fire extinguisher glass case, and trying to do trick dunks in warmups. So it goes beyond his body failing him….he was also an idiot.

Lebron did take a team with Larry Hughes as his second best player to the finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom