Melo and Ja Morant | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Melo and Ja Morant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Commenting to say that WSJ has some of the most interesting sports articles available.

That was his point. Employers can have rules about conduct that is not tied to legality.
agreed, and the free market lovers should know: If the fans don't like the way the NBA and the grizzlies have treated Morant, then they should watch an alternative basketball league that better aligns with their "flash your pistol in public all you want" values

Will Cain went to law school and doesn't understand that the 2nd Amendment has nothing to do with one's relationship with the NBA?

He probably does. These people’s followers are absolute IDIOTS, and they pander to them.

He probably does. These people’s followers are absolute IDIOTS, and they pander to them.
Just a couple of kids having fun... with a gun in a public place while drinking and hanging with the coeds.
Maybe JA lands a deal with both Colt Brands

Just a couple of kids having fun... with a gun in a public place while drinking and hanging with the coeds.
I was talking about people like this Will Cain goofball and his Twitter followers whose combined IQ is roughly equal to that of a left foot Air Force 1 without the laces.

Pretty sure public intoxication isn’t legal
Depends. Ever been to Bourbon Street? It’s required.
Public intoxication due to alcohol is not considered a criminal offense in New York state. However, if you pose a threat to others or yourself, a law enforcement officer can take you into custody.

Last edited:
agreed, and the free market lovers should know: If the fans don't like the way the NBA and the grizzlies have treated Morant, then they should watch an alternative basketball league that better aligns with their "flash your pistol in public all you want" values
The NCAA? Alabama and Nate Oats?

Rumor has it JA and Martha Stewart have been signed by Disney for a new theme ride.

Rumor has it JA and Martha Stewart have been signed by Disney for a new theme ride.
They better pull Snoop in to that thing.

Society’s decided guns are “the” problem.

Can’t move the goal posts for an nba player with 20 million kids eyes on him.

Society’s decided guns are “the” problem.

Can’t move the goal posts for an nba player with 20 million kids eyes on him.

I mean let's not act like this was isolated. It involved members of his posse acting out with aggression after a game with then the two times now brandishing a gun. It all connects and really it's that first incident where the possibility of a more dangerous and problematic outcome that makes it a major issue.

Also no matter where his hand and finger positioning is on the gun in the video, he is waving it around in a moving vehicle while the driver is also engaged in the video being made. That is and will always be unsafe handling of a weapon. I can't tell if it's a glock but if it is it's only got trigger lock not a traditional safety. He absolutely is endangering those around him and himself. If he wants to handle it properly or carry it and it's shown- sure. This is not just about him having a gun though.

I mean let's not act like this was isolated. It involved members of his posse acting out with aggression after a game with then the two times now brandishing a gun. It all connects and really it's that first incident where the possibility of a more dangerous and problematic outcome that makes it a major issue.

Also no matter where his hand and finger positioning is on the gun in the video, he is waving it around in a moving vehicle while the driver is also engaged in the video being made. That is and will always be unsafe handling of a weapon. I can't tell if it's a glock but if it is it's only got trigger lock not a traditional safety. He absolutely is endangering those around him and himself. If he wants to handle it properly or carry it and it's shown- sure. This is not just about him having a gun though.
Its the culture he’s promoting. Street violence. A big part of street violence is glorifying guns. I agree, it’s only part of the issue here but law abiding owners who respect firearms are under constant scrutiny while stuff like this likely goes away after a couple half baked apologies and spins.

Its the culture he’s promoting. Street violence. A big part of street violence is glorifying guns. I agree, it’s only part of the issue here but law abiding owners who respect firearms are under constant scrutiny while stuff like this likely goes away after a couple half baked apologies and spins.

Going to disagree with you here on the scrutiny part. I'm just gonna say as a law abiding gun owner that scrutiny is a bit over played. If you are glued to the news or social media sure. I've never had an issue in public or at home( everything locked away but what I legally carry concealed).

Only time I've ever seen a problem is when another "law abiding " gun owner decided it was totally normal to take it out in a public place and show it to someone without popping the clip out and emptying the chamber first. You will get scrutiny/others lashing out if you are cavalier and arrogant about it yourself.

It's really when you go out and aggressively talk about guns, your rights and other things to effectively engage an argument that scrutiny and issues arise. In these cases its just a different way of glorifying them.

they are?
Considering sweeping bans on guns/specific guns is a daily modern political topic, yes. But this is more for the OT board and I dont intend to derail the thread.

Decision is made by Adam Silver; to be announced after the NBA Finals.

Anything less than 41 games would be a shock. I would bet it’s a full season.

No gun company would endorse that type of behavior. Most gun owners handle them safely and use them appropriately. It’s idiots who need them to make up for feelings of inadequacy or to become famous or carry out “revenge” for imagined slights, who do heinous things with guns.

No gun company would endorse that type of behavior. Most gun owners handle them safely and use them appropriately. It’s idiots who need them to make up for feelings of inadequacy or to become famous or carry out “revenge” for imagined slights, who do heinous things with guns.
This assumes anyone “needs” one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors