Melo got 4 C's and a D | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Melo got 4 C's and a D

Between this from JB and Pitino lobbying to get the shoe companies away from the players, it's not a banner PR day for HOF hoops coaches. I doubt Melo cares about this information being out there, but JB probably could have just said he passed his classes. Talking about grades is just fodder for the #hottakes crowd.

Retweeted by Brent Axe
Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 7m
Spoke to Jim Boeheim, who said he'd previously spoken with Carmelo about mentioning his first-semester college grades in his upcoming book.

Retweeted by Brent Axe
Chris Herring ‏@HerringWSJ 7m
Boeheim: "The point I was trying to make, & maybe did not succeed in, was that I was impressed w/ how he did as a first-semester freshman."
Hmmm.
Now I'm wondering how often Boeheim is impressed by other below average results.

My Dad used to say this about grades in Law School:

A average Lawyers became Law Professors
B average Lawyers became Judges
C average Lawyers made all the money
D average Lawyers sold insurance

Which ones become politicians?

He was impressed with a 1.80 GPA? Yikes.

He should've focused on his PPG.

You don't know about a particular kid's background. For some folks, getting those grades would be great, because it showed they could actually do college level work when they thought that maybe they couldn't. Don't be a hater.

my freshman GPA was much higher... and yet... I'm posting on a forum in basketball shorts about a guy who makes millions playing in basketball shorts... aint that a bitch

That sounds very very fishy to me. I would put the likely hood of that being true as "probably not true"
Just curious why you would think that JB wouldn't talk to 'Melo, and plenty of other people mentioned in the book, before sending it to print.

I'd be much more interested in the grades and what courses Kentucky players have had over the last ten years.

I put the C in common.

I'd be much more interested in the grades and what courses Kentucky players have had over the last ten years.
They got 'A's in all their classes after Calipari shoved money in the instructors' faces.

I know one of Melo's 5 classes his first semester was the nutrition class. I don't know if that was his D class or C class. I only know that because I had my roommate in that class and he said Melo rarely came to class but when he did he was treated with respect and gave respect to his fellow classmates.

You don't know about a particular kid's background. For some folks, getting those grades would be great, because it showed they could actually do college level work when they thought that maybe they couldn't. Don't be a hater.

Sorry to reply to myself, but I just remembered reading an interview with Floyd Little from many years ago, when he talked about how hard school was for him academically, and how he busted his butt just to get C's. I don't hear anybody talking smack about old 44, so let's leave it at that.

I know one of Melo's 5 classes his first semester was the nutrition class. I don't know if that was his D class or C class. I only know that because I had my roommate in that class and he said Melo rarely came to class but when he did he was treated with respect and gave respect to his fellow classmates.

I had a class with Southerland, but he didn't show up after the first day lol.

On the flipside, I had a class with Nick Provo and he was there every day and was actually in a group with myself and a friend of mine, so I got to know him pretty well. Really nice guy.