Melo: 'I'm going to shock some people' | Syracusefan.com

Melo: 'I'm going to shock some people'

Did anyone else know that the NCAA suspension was not related to academics (per JB)? I didn't.

Did anyone else know that the NCAA suspension was not related to academics (per JB)? I didn't.

Coaches say what they got to say.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

What's the over/under on number of weeks before there's a Garnett/Melo imbroglio?
Melo's got a temper. Garnett's just a d-wad. When's it gonna happen?

What's the over/under on number of weeks before there's a Garnett/Melo imbroglio?
I think they'll get along better than the Knicks do.

As long as Melo works hard, he will have no problems with Garnett. Garnett called him the day he was drafted if I heard correctly.

That was my first thought when the pick was announced.

The veteran with a history of punching/elbowing rookies + the petulant goof who will be forever remembered for flipping out at his whole team after launching a 20-footer with 33 seconds on the shot clock = Melo getting cold-cocked before the season begins.

Fab Melo will leave the NBA believing he was just "misunderstood". Bank on some of those stories within a couple years time...

That was my first thought when the pick was announced.

The veteran with a history of punching/elbowing rookies + the petulant goof who will be forever remembered for flipping out at his whole team after launching a 20-footer with 33 seconds on the shot clock = Melo getting cold-cocked before the season begins.

I've been saying Garnett is going to Knock those crooked teeth straight before the end of the season

I think they'll get along better than the Knicks do.

Unfortunately, as a Knicks fan, I think this is true.

Fab worked his butt off to get in shape (and looks even slimmer now).

Maybe he enjoyed Chucks and hated class, but now his only class is big man 101 with Doc and KG.

Carmelo just ran his second coach out of an organization, made Woodson switch his agent and still has Amare with whom they clearly don't fit... at all.

And I'm saying this with Melo being my favorite player.

Barring Lebron getting injured, KG or Pierce going down with a season-ender or D Rose having a set back, the Knicks are probably looking at the bottom half of the east again. This doesn't even take into consideration if NJ gets D12 and D-Will with JJ.

Barring Lebron getting injured, KG or Pierce going down with a season-ender or D Rose having a set back, the Knicks are probably looking at the bottom half of the east again. This doesn't even take into consideration if NJ gets D12 and D-Will with JJ.

I think they have a shot at the top 4. Boston made a deep run this year, but they finished 2 games ahead of the Knicks and had a worse point differential. It's not like they were miles better than the Knicks during the regular season.

The Knicks are going to become the new Atlanta Hawks. 4th or 5th best team in the East and a first round ouster in the playoffs just about every year...

The Knicks are going to become the new Atlanta Hawks. 4th or 5th best team in the East and a first round ouster in the playoffs just about every year...

Story of Melo's career.

I very well could be overanalyzing here...and please correct me if I am wrong...He(Boeheim) did not say it was not academics. He said the suspension was not because of not getting something completed academically. I think he picked his words very carefully. I could be way off here, lol.

I think they have a shot at the top 4. Boston made a deep run this year, but they finished 2 games ahead of the Knicks and had a worse point differential. It's not like they were miles better than the Knicks during the regular season.

Would love to have your optimism (if, as Knicks fans, it is even that at this point).

I just don't see it. Melo took over control (not in a good way). Amare doesn't fit and is a shell of himself. Unless Melo can average 30ppg, I just don't see them winning enough to get a first round home series.

And as I said, if NJ gets their not-quite-as-good-as-Miami-or-OKC big three, I really don't see it even as a remote possibility.

Would love to have your optimism (if, as Knicks fans, it is even that at this point).

I just don't see it. Melo took over control (not in a good way). Amare doesn't fit and is a shell of himself. Unless Melo can average 30ppg, I just don't see them winning enough to get a first round home series.

And as I said, if NJ gets their not-quite-as-good-as-Miami-or-OKC big three, I really don't see it even as a remote possibility.

I'm not saying they definitely will, just that they were pretty close to Boston last year, it may n ot feel that way since one team lost in the first round and the other made Game 7 of the East finals, but Boston is an old team and over the course of 82 games will have some rough stretches. Obviously if the Nets get Dwight that's one more team to leapfrog, and that'll be tough. Also I just read Boston may be getting Jason Terry.

Boston is collecting old guys past their prime... weird team. Good enough to get to the East Finals again, but I really don't think they are going to beat the Heat.

Getting to game 7 was the worst thing to happen to them this year. I think they should have started the "getting younger" process this year. Now they are going to possibly be stuck with two more years of aging Pierce/Garnett/Allen. Good enough to keep fans interested, but not good enough to win it all by any stretch.

Boston is collecting old guys past their prime... weird team. Good enough to get to the East Finals again, but I really don't think they are going to beat the Heat.

Getting to game 7 was the worst thing to happen to them this year. I think they should have started the "getting younger" process this year. Now they are going to possibly be stuck with two more years of aging Pierce/Garnett/Allen. Good enough to keep fans interested, but not good enough to win it all by any stretch.

Have to disagree with you here when you say that are not good enough to win it all by any stretch. They were damn close this year. A few points in one of the early games and Miami goes home. Next year they may have Jason Terry and will bring in Jeff Green, Sullinger, Avery Bradley, and Melo as young, complementary players. If anything, I think they will be better next year. The one guy who showed signs of aging is Ray Allen and he may be heading elsewhere.

Paul Pierce looked ancient trying to stick Lebron this year. That's not going to get any better.

It's funny reading what some knick fans have to say about the Celtics. The bottom line is that the knock organization is a freaking mess. It truly is a shame that Melo is soiled by wearing that uniform.

It's funny reading what some knick fans have to say about the Celtics. The bottom line is that the knock organization is a freaking mess. It truly is a shame that Melo is soiled by wearing that uniform.
It won't matter if the Nets put together the team they are looking for. The Knicks will be forgotten.

Amazing to me that none of these cats want to go play with Carmelo... Ray Allen, Jason Terry, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd. Even Jeremy Lin wants out..

New York is looking like a toxic environment now...just like George Karl said Denver had become during Melo's last 2 seasons. Atleast JR Smith will be back.. Oh Lord

the heat would have disposed of the celtics much more easily if bosh had played at 100% the whole series. the celtics got to play a hawks team that wasn't very good without horford, and it took them 7 games to beat the sixers, who were worse than the knicks this year (much worse over the last 2/3rds of the season).

when did jeremy lin ever say he didn't want to come back to the knicks? lin will be back, unless another team grossly overpays for him.