Melo: 'I'm going to shock some people' | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Melo: 'I'm going to shock some people'

Amazing to me that none of these cats want to go play with Carmelo... Ray Allen, Jason Terry, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd. Even Jeremy Lin wants out..

New York is looking like a toxic environment now...just like George Karl said Denver had become during Melo's last 2 seasons. Atleast JR Smith will be back.. Oh Lord
Thats why Steve Nash has talked to Melo multiple times about possibly joing NY? David Aldridge is reporting that he has heard from a source that Nash is giving the Knicks time to try to put together a sign and trade with Phoenix to get him his money.

Who ever said Jeremy Lin wants out? Knicks brass told him to meet other teams to set a market that the Knicks would match.

How do you know Jason Kidd wont end up a Knick?

Ray Allen would never go from Boston to NY plus Boston offered him alot of $ that NY cant match and Jason Terry is the same player as JR Smith.

You just made one of the stupidest most uninformed posts I have ever read.

The Knicks may not get these guys but its not because of Melo, its because of the salary cap.

Steve Nash wants to get paid, hes made this apparant, yet he still has interest in NY (a team that cannot pay him as much). Lin may get offered a poison pill contract (thanks CBA) and we have no idea where Kidd is going.

the heat would have disposed of the celtics much more easily if bosh had played at 100% the whole series. the celtics got to play a hawks team that wasn't very good without horford, and it took them 7 games to beat the sixers, who were worse than the knicks this year (much worse over the last 2/3rds of the season).

when did jeremy lin ever say he didn't want to come back to the knicks? lin will be back, unless another team grossly overpays for him.
Yeah and the Celtics would have disposed of the Heat much more easily if Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox didn't have heart problems.

You just read as a bitter Knicks fan that hasn't seen playoff basketball in a while.

Yeah and the Celtics would have disposed of the Heat much more easily if Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox didn't have heart problems.

You just read as a bitter Knicks fan that hasn't seen playoff basketball in a while.
And they didnt have their best defender in Avery Bradley.

5 years of organized Basketball and in the NBA and posters are raggin on Melo. :confused:

As far as stars not wanting to play with Melo. According to Alan Hahn who is VERY legit, the Knicks and Suns are working on a sign and trade for Steve Nash. Also goes on to say indications are NY is his top choice but trade is complicated as it may have to involve Iman Shumpert, who the Knicks are very hesitant to give up.

Tough decision. If Knicks dont make trade they will likely sign Jason Kidd with mini mid-level. If they make trade, they lose Shumpert but gain Nash in sign and trade and most likely Marcus Camby with mini mid level.

Melo is one of the most well liked players by other players in the league. Kobe tried getting to LA, CP3 wanted to come to NY to play with him, etc. The Knicks issues center around Dolan not Melo!

Yea the other day NY radio was talking about how Dwight Howard and Deron Williams arent really friends with that many guys or seem to be mentioned as "boys". They then mentioned the Fab 4 friends of Melo/Lebron/CP3/Wade as guys who are always talking to each other and hanging out.

Boston easily could've lost in round 1 if Horford was healthy the whole series (or maybe if the refs could have made the right call on the away from the ball foul), and they would've lost in round 2 if Rose didn't blow out his ACL. And yeah, they would've lost in 5 games probably if Bosh was healthy.

They are a very good team, and they had a nice playoff run, but I don't think they are world beaters. They were about as good as the Knicks in the regular season this year. If the Knicks were anywhere near healthy and had the same playoff draw as Boston they could've ended up in the East Finals as well.

And as for the Knicks, Nash definitely wants to play there and I have seen no evidence Lin deosn't want to either. Exploring other teams and signing a big offer sheet is a no brainer for him.

As far as stars not wanting to play with Melo. According to Alan Hahn who is VERY legit, the Knicks and Suns are working on a sign and trade for Steve Nash. Also goes on to say indications are NY is his top choice but trade is complicated as it may have to involve Iman Shumpert, who the Knicks are very hesitant to give up.

Tough decision. If Knicks dont make trade they will likely sign Jason Kidd with mini mid-level. If they make trade, they lose Shumpert but gain Nash in sign and trade and most likely Marcus Camby with mini mid level.

It was supposed to be Fields but the Raptors made the power play to sign him to an unmatchable contract, which may have won them Nash by default. The Knicks are in a rough place right now.

It was supposed to be Fields but the Raptors made the power play to sign him to an unmatchable contract, which may have won them Nash by default. The Knicks are in a rough place right now.

It will be funny if the Knicks end up with Nash anyway and Toronto has to pay Fields that ridiculous contract.

THe problem isn't so much that its unmatchable (which it kinda is) but just by virtue of him signing the offer sheet, even if the Knicks did match, they couldn't use him in a sign and trade.

It will be funny if the Knicks end up with Nash anyway and Toronto has to pay Fields that ridiculous contract.

THe problem isn't so much that its unmatchable (which it kinda is) but just by virtue of him signing the offer sheet, even if the Knicks did match, they couldn't use him in a sign and trade.

It would be funny, but the Raptors are terrible with or without Nash. The Knicks have more to lose, and personally, I wouldn't give up Shumpert for a year or two of Nash. I'd try to get Felton or someone along those lines and stay the course. They're not contending for a title with Nash this year anyway.

It was a desperate act by Toronto, because Nash doesn't want to go there! I think the knicks still get him.

Knicks look like theyre gonna get Nash but thanks to Toronto and that ridiculous Landry Fields move, Knicks are most likely losing Iman Shumpert. I think you have to make the move though. Even if Nash isnt the starter for all 3 years of the 10mil/year contract he will mentor Lin and be a really good backup to Lin, should that happen down the road. Nash-JR-Melo-Amare-Chandler with Lin-Novak-Camby? off the bench. Im down with that.

Knicks look like theyre gonna get Nash but thanks to Toronto and that ridiculous Landry Fields move, Knicks are most likely losing Iman Shumpert. I think you have to make the move though. Even if Nash isnt the starter for all 3 years of the 10mil/year contract he will mentor Lin and be a really good backup to Lin, should that happen down the road. Nash-JR-Melo-Amare-Chandler with Lin-Novak-Camby? off the bench. Im down with that.

We will need defense on the perimeter, and JR may not be back but it's the best we have been in years. Hopefully Nash can help Amare be Amare again if that is possible!

We will need defense on the perimeter, and JR may not be back but it's the best we have been in years. Hopefully Nash can help Amare be Amare again if that is possible!
From everything I have read JR is probably coming back but who knows. If he does, he impressed me with his defense last year. Lin is an average defender but Nash and Amare make us really weak defensively at those two positions.

Knicks just signed James White journeyman out of Cincinnati 6'-7" athlete. I assuming he is being brought in to help with the perimeter defense.

My friend texted me that JR Smith and Josh Harrellson are super emo on Twitter right now...hmmm? Could Knicks sign and trade JR to save Iman? Does that work under the rules?

It would be funny, but the Raptors are terrible with or without Nash. The Knicks have more to lose, and personally, I wouldn't give up Shumpert for a year or two of Nash. I'd try to get Felton or someone along those lines and stay the course. They're not contending for a title with Nash this year anyway.

Yeah, as a Knicks fan I'm pretty conflicted. I hear what you're saying.

I guess the one thing to say is you never know what's gonna happen; Boston went 36-30 this year, got a few breaks, and wa sin Game 7 of the East finals. But in general, I agree.

My friend texted me that JR Smith and Josh Harrellson are super emo on Twitter right now...hmmm? Could Knicks sign and trade JR to save Iman? Does that work under the rules?
I think the Suns what cheaper contracts than JR, but I believe a sign and trade is in the rules.

Yeah, as a Knicks fan I'm pretty conflicted. I hear what you're saying.

I guess the one thing to say is you never know what's gonna happen; Boston went 36-30 this year, got a few breaks, and wa sin Game 7 of the East finals. But in general, I agree.

Not surprisingly--given that you are congenitally incapable about being objective when it comes to the Celtics--your perspective is way off.

Got a few breaks--give me a !@#$ break. Despite your insistence to the contrary, Boston was one of the best teams in the league after the all star break. And they took Miami to the brink, and had a chance to eliminate them in gme 6. To Miami's credit, they stepped up and won that elimination game.

Boston and New York might have only been separated in the final standings by a couple of games, but they couldn't have been further apart in terms of what each respective team was capable of accomplishing in the postseason. All NY could manage was to eke out 1 win behind some unbelievable late 4th quarter shooting--or they would had an 0-fer in the playoffs, like usual.

I get that you are a Knicks fan, and I'm sure that some of your fellow Knicks fans aren't going to like me framing it this way, but if you want to chalk Boston's season up to a "few breaks," then you are (a) deluding yourself and (b) intentionally ignoring some pretty important explanatory factors.

Those two teams are on a completely different trajectory in terms of relevancy.

I'm not sure about that, but I am kind of a Celtics hater.

Sorry, I got the record wrong though, they went 37-29. Knicks were 36-30. Knicks also had a better scoring margin than Boston. Knicks were very good after the all star break as well, though certainly not as good as Boston was. (I think it was 19-12 for the Knicks vs 24-10 for Boston).

Boston and New York might have only been separated in the final standings by a couple of games, but they couldn't have been further apart in terms of what each respective team was capable of accomplishing in the postseason. All NY could manage was to eke out 1 win behind some unbelievable late 4th quarter shooting--or they would had an 0-fer in the playoffs, like usual.

See, this is where I disagree. Do you think if the Knicks got the Celtics draw they would've lost their first round series in 5 games? (Also if they had their starting PG). I don't.

Maybe I am being too hard on Boston. I have a ton of respect for what they have accomplished over the last 5 years, they are a very good team. But in the first round they played a team that didn't have their best player for the first 3 games of the series, then had to work him back into the rotation after not having played a game for 3 months. Then in the second round they got to play the 8 seed (who they needed to go to 7 games to beat) because the #1 seed in the east lost their best player in the first game of the series (and then their second best player later on in the series as well). Then i the east finals they did give Miami a hell of a run, no question about that. Though I also believe that series would've gone 5 or 6 games if Bosh was healthy the whole time.

I don't think the Knicks and the Celtics are that far apart. They weren't in the regular season, and if you recall, the Knicks were pretty awful during the first half of the season as well; it took them a while to get their rotation straightened out and get the roles figured out. I think if the Knicks had the Celtics playoff draw this year and they had a healthy Lin that they would've made the eastern finals before losing pretty convincingly to Miami. And likewise, if Boston was playing Miami in round 1 then I think they lose in 5 or 6 games. WHen the two teams matched up with each other head to head, they were pretty damn close. First 3 games were very close, and the Knicks won the fourth game a little easier. I know the Knicks have been considered a laughingstock for a while, and rightfully so, but they were a pretty good team last year and if they had a better playoff draw and a healthy Lin then i think they could've won at least a round in the playoffs.

I think both teams are good, but were clearly behind Miami and Chicago, when everyone was at full strength.

Amazing to me that none of these cats want to go play with Carmelo... Ray Allen, Jason Terry, Steve Nash, Jason Kidd. Even Jeremy Lin wants out..

New York is looking like a toxic environment now...just like George Karl said Denver had become during Melo's last 2 seasons. Atleast JR Smith will be back.. Oh Lord

How come Mr. CorduroyG never lambasts you as he does me? You must have some magic spell over him!
emoticon1.gif

I'm not sure about that, but I am kind of a Celtics hater.

Sorry, I got the record wrong though, they went 37-29. Knicks were 36-30. Knicks also had a better scoring margin than Boston. Knicks were very good after the all star break as well, though certainly not as good as Boston was. (I think it was 19-12 for the Knicks vs 24-10 for Boston).

See, this is where I disagree. Do you think if the Knicks got the Celtics draw they would've lost their first round series in 5 games? (Also if they had their starting PG). I don't.

Maybe I am being too hard on Boston. I have a ton of respect for what they have accomplished over the last 5 years, they are a very good team. But in the first round they played a team that didn't have their best player for the first 3 games of the series, then had to work him back into the rotation after not having played a game for 3 months. Then in the second round they got to play the 8 seed (who they needed to go to 7 games to beat) because the #1 seed in the east lost their best player in the first game of the series (and then their second best player later on in the series as well). Then i the east finals they did give Miami a hell of a run, no question about that. Though I also believe that series would've gone 5 or 6 games if Bosh was healthy the whole time.

I don't think the Knicks and the Celtics are that far apart. They weren't in the regular season, and if you recall, the Knicks were pretty awful during the first half of the season as well; it took them a while to get their rotation straightened out and get the roles figured out. I think if the Knicks had the Celtics playoff draw this year and they had a healthy Lin that they would've made the eastern finals before losing pretty convincingly to Miami. And likewise, if Boston was playing Miami in round 1 then I think they lose in 5 or 6 games. WHen the two teams matched up with each other head to head, they were pretty damn close. First 3 games were very close, and the Knicks won the fourth game a little easier. I know the Knicks have been considered a laughingstock for a while, and rightfully so, but they were a pretty good team last year and if they had a better playoff draw and a healthy Lin then i think they could've won at least a round in the playoffs.

I think both teams are good, but were clearly behind Miami and Chicago, when everyone was at full strength.

Are you completely forgetting the injuries that the Celtics sustained? Start the season losing Jeff Green and go from there. Having an unhealthy Ray Allen and losing Avery Bradley in the playoffs didn't help. Face it, the Knicks are not at Boston's level at this point. I am not saying that The Celtics are world beaters, but even with their injuries, they were a game from the finals.

Are you completely forgetting the injuries that the Celtics sustained? Start the season losing Jeff Green and go from there. Having an unhealthy Ray Allen and losing Avery Bradley in the playoffs didn't help. Face it, the Knicks are not at Boston's level at this point. I am not saying that The Celtics are world beaters, but even with their injuries, they were a game from the finals.

I'm not, the Knicks had a ton of injuries as well.

I don't think the Knicks were that far behind Boston last year, and if they get Nash, I wouldn';t be surprised if the Knicks finish ahead of Boston this year. And if we get home court, we might even win a round in the playoffs!

To me, missing losing Jeff Green to injury isn't a huge deal. (They also lost Wilcox, I believe). Bradley was a tough one, he seemed to be really coming into his own, especially as a shooter. But Ray Allen? He's 36 years old; that's part of what you get when you have such an old team.

If the Knicks had one one more game and Boston had ended up as the 7 seed and the Knicks played Atlanta in round 1, I think both teams would be looked at very differently. Boston would have lost in round 1 and the Knicks would've had a chance to win at least a round.