Melo: 'I'm going to shock some people' | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Melo: 'I'm going to shock some people'

I'm not, the Knicks had a ton of injuries as well.

I don't think the Knicks were that far behind Boston last year, and if they get Nash, I wouldn';t be surprised if the Knicks finish ahead of Boston this year. And if we get home court, we might even win a round in the playoffs!

To me, missing losing Jeff Green to injury isn't a huge deal. (They also lost Wilcox, I believe). Bradley was a tough one, he seemed to be really coming into his own, especially as a shooter. But Ray Allen? He's 36 years old; that's part of what you get when you have such an old team.

If the Knicks had one one more game and Boston had ended up as the 7 seed and the Knicks played Atlanta in round 1, I think both teams would be looked at very differently. Boston would have lost in round 1 and the Knicks would've had a chance to win at least a round.
I don't want to get in a pissing match with you but you're discounting the fact that the Celtics started horrendously and then once Doc shortened the rotation they started rolling. The Knicks chemistry is also terrible compared to the Celtics.

Losing Jeff Green was a HUGE deal. He was our backup 3/4, and without him Sacha Pavlovic and Marquis Daniels got PT, which should have never happened. Wilcox was having a decent rebounding season and was what the C's needed in the paint. Those two losses were huge. Same with Bradley. He was a big part of the team and Keyon Dooling is not even close to him as a player.

All your ifs are just insane. Sports have ifs. The Knicks might have had another game and lost it. Not arguing further on this.

I don't want to get in a pissing match with you but you're discounting the fact that the Celtics started horrendously and then once Doc shortened the rotation they started rolling. The Knicks chemistry is also terrible compared to the Celtics.

Losing Jeff Green was a HUGE deal. He was our backup 3/4, and without him Sacha Pavlovic and Marquis Daniels got PT, which should have never happened. Wilcox was having a decent rebounding season and was what the C's needed in the paint. Those two losses were huge. Same with Bradley. He was a big part of the team and Keyon Dooling is not even close to him as a player.

All your ifs are just insane. Sports have ifs. The Knicks might have had another game and lost it. Not arguing further on this.

Well stated.

If this, if that...listen im a Knicks fan who thinks IF the Celtics were healthy you couldve beaten Miami...that being said, IF the Knicks got the 8 spot and IF the Knicks had a healthy Lin, Shumpert, Baron Davis, and Amare then MAYBE the Knicks do some damage too. Knicks played the World Champions in Round 1 with no Lin, no Shumpert and a banged up Amare who missed half the series, oh yea and Tyson had the flu Game 1 and 2 and according to all reports shouldnt have even been playing as he was dizzy and about to pass out both games.

Btw, nice job Suns! Rebuilding quickly with Eric Gordon, Goran Dragic and Michael Beasley along with 2 first round picks from LA.

I don't think we're that far off. My main point is that if the two teams had switched playoff draws (which was just one game off from happenings, maybe if we foul up 3 in the final seconds of that last game in Boston then the Knicks win that game and the two teams do switch playoff draws) then the results would have been very different. At the very least, Boston loses in round 1 because they draw Miami. (And you can say the exact same thing for the Knicks; they started very poorly and didn't get rolling until they changed coaches). All sports have if's, you're right about that. I'm just saying I don't think the two teams were very far off last year and' I don't think they'll be that far off this year. Not saying the Knicks are better.

The Knicks had injuries too; Amare, Lin, and Melo all missed significant parts of the season. Baron Davis did as well; not that he is great but the Knicks had the worst PG combo in the league until Lin got into the rotation. And it took them a few months to realize they had one of the best shooters in the league on their roster.

Btw, nice job Suns! Rebuilding quickly with Eric Gordon, Goran Dragic and Michael Beasley along with 2 first round picks from LA.

Hornets going to match, no?

I find it hilarious that Boston is allowed to have injuries used as the reason they didnt beat Miami. In fact it seems every team other than the Knicks are allowed to have injuries be an excuse. No Rose, Chicago loses to the freakin 76ers, but the Knicks were supposed to beat the World Champs with no pg, no sg, no pf and a sick center. Riiight.

I find it hilarious that Boston is allowed to have injuries used as the reason they didnt beat Miami. In fact it seems every team other than the Knicks are allowed to have injuries be an excuse. No Rose, Chicago loses to the freakin 76ers, but the Knicks were supposed to beat the World Champs with no pg, no sg, no pf and a sick center. Riiight.

I am not using injuries as an excuse. I was countering the Knicks fans making excuses for not finishing ahead of Boston and having a tough draw. All teams go through it, but don't use it as an excuse without factoring in the injuries that your opponent has. Anybody who says Jeff Green being injured the whole season is foolish. He could have reduced the minutes played by the other players.

I am not using injuries as an excuse. I was countering the Knicks fans making excuses for not finishing ahead of Boston and having a tough draw. All teams go through it, but don't use it as an excuse without factoring in the injuries that your opponent has. Anybody who says Jeff Green being injured the whole season is foolish. He could have reduced the minutes played by the other players.

I think the Knicks injuries were probably more debilitating than Boston's. The Knicks had 3 starters all miss at least 10 games.

But I wasn't even necessarily saying that is an excuse for why the Knicks finished behind Boston. My main point has been that I don't think the teams were that far apart last year. If you want to say Boston was better, I have no problem with that.

I think the Knicks injuries were probably more debilitating than Boston's. The Knicks had 3 starters all miss at least 10 games.

But I wasn't even necessarily saying that is an excuse for why the Knicks finished behind Boston. My main point has been that I don't think the teams were that far apart last year. If you want to say Boston was better, I have no problem with that.

That is fair.

In just curious what the Knicks will do if Lin doesn't come back. The Nash to the Lakers had to sting.

Frank Isola has been hilarious in his tweets about the Knicks off season... brutally honest. I love beat reporters who aren't total homers.

In just curious what the Knicks will do if Lin doesn't come back. The Nash to the Lakers had to sting.

They're going to match. Looks like they are bringing in Felton to be the backup.

Jason Kidd to the Knicks in a sign and trade!

If this, if that...listen im a Knicks fan who thinks IF the Celtics were healthy you couldve beaten Miami...that being said, IF the Knicks got the 8 spot and IF the Knicks had a healthy Lin, Shumpert, Baron Davis, and Amare then MAYBE the Knicks do some damage too. Knicks played the World Champions in Round 1 with no Lin, no Shumpert and a banged up Amare who missed half the series, oh yea and Tyson had the flu Game 1 and 2 and according to all reports shouldnt have even been playing as he was dizzy and about to pass out both games.
And whose fault was this? :D

Jason Kidd to the Knicks in a sign and trade!
Also this thread was about Melo, who cares if the Knicks signed 80 year old Jason Kidd?

What a joke, the only decent player SU has in the NBA is a joke. Carmelo is the only person who considers himself a superstar in the NBA. Mark my words, Carmel0 will leave the league with 0 championships and major accolades and fade away into the realm of "what could have been". Congrats SU on your excellent resume. All that "history" and such little to show for it...

What a joke, the only decent player
SU has in the NBA is a joke. Carmelo is the only person who considers himself a superstar in the NBA. Mark my words, Carmel0 will leave the league with 0 championships and major accolades and fade away into the realm of "what could have been". Congrats SU on your excellent resume. All that "history" and such little to show for it...

Thank you for your interest in SU basketball. I wish you nothing but the best in your future marquee matchups with UMass, URI and UNH. Congrats on your past successes. You will be able to look back on them with fond memories...

What a joke, the only decent player SU has in the NBA is a joke. Carmelo is the only person who considers himself a superstar in the NBA. Mark my words, Carmel0 will leave the league with 0 championships and major accolades and fade away into the realm of "what could have been". Congrats SU on your excellent resume. All that "history" and such little to show for it...

It was fun beating you clowns three times last year. Almost as much fun as it will be watching your program slide into UMass-esque mediocrity in upcoming years. Couldn't happen to a better fanbase.

Melo talked a LOT of this talk at SU and never delivered. This is just his character.

The reporter didnt add the rest of the sentence.. "I'm going to shock some people...with how few minutes I play"