Melo may be done in Houston | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Melo may be done in Houston

I was about to say, "Iverson didn't get in first ballot, that's the craziest **** I've ever heard in MY LIFE. The only thing crazier would be Melo not getting in on the first ballot."

Then I looked it up...

"This was the first year Iverson was eligible, and he actually was declared eligible one season early."

So, yeah, he did.

Allen Iverson Elected to Hall of Fame on First Ballot

Also, Nique not getting in was pretty widely regarded as a travesty...at least from what I recall.

My mistake on Iverson. They reduced the waiting period to get in from 6 years post-retirement, and the time of year that he became eligible. I thought he had to wait one year, but I was wrong.

Anyone else think it’s odd Dion Waiters gets more respect from our fans on this board than Melo?

Like I really don’t get that.

This place is weird.

Melo was a great player. Boeheim got the very best out of him, both for Syracuse and for the Olympic team. It's a shame Melo made a couple bad decisions chasing money that gutted the roster of the teams he was playing for.

Melos reps looking for a landing spot.

I don't think he has the right outlook at this point.
He still thinks he's a star.
Melo's game today is like a better version of Adrian Dantley.
Nothing wrong with that - great post up moves, work the baseline and hit the elbow fade away.
Problem is, the NBA game has moved away from that style. I don't see where Melo fits, to be honest.

Melo was a great player. Boeheim got the very best out of him, both for Syracuse and for the Olympic team. It's a shame Melo made a couple bad decisions chasing money that gutted the roster of the teams he was playing for.

Durant did the exact opposite Melo did and was still criticized. Not sure what NBA fans want.

The narrative that he never got his teams over the top because of his pursuit of money is a weak crock. And his career places him somewhere closer to the 99th percentile of NBA players. In my opinion, of course.

I know - I don't recall, but I felt like he said he was trying to do the opposite of what LeBron did by allowing Denver to trade him and get something because he was leaving either way. Being the nice guy does not pay off.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom