Melo vs. MCW last night | Syracusefan.com

Melo vs. MCW last night

Eric15

Living Legend
Rough night for our guys... Melo went 4-16 from the floor and MCW 6-17.

However, holy crap did Melo get some help. The Knicks bench scored 73 points in a big win at Milwaukee.

Shot's didn't fall for Melo, but he looked pretty active and passed the ball well.. The Knicks looked impressive. I know Milwaukee was shorthanded, but a lot of experts had them top 4 in the East.

MCW would be an excellent point guard if he didn't look to shoot first. He has excellent vision, the size to pass over and through defenses, I don't get what he's trying to do on the court.

MCW would be an excellent point guard if he didn't look to shoot first. He has excellent vision, the size to pass over and through defenses, I don't get what he's trying to do on the court.

Parker and Greek Guy were out. This is why MCW had to try to take on more of a scoring role. It won't continue once these two return.

the real question is, how can you be that athletic, that talented, a professional with ooodles and ooodels of practice time, the greatest coaches on earth, and not be able to shoot? there are literally hacks in the gym down the street right now who are better shooters than this guy. dudes who play once a week at most.

the real question is, how can you be that athletic, that talented, a professional with ooodles and ooodels of practice time, the greatest coaches on earth, and not be able to shoot? there are literally hacks in the gym down the street right now who are better shooters than this guy. dudes who play once a week at most.

Greatest coaches on the earth? I'm doubting that one. Besides, his head coach was an atrocious shooter for the majority of his playing career. I'm guessing Jason Kidd isn't turning on the pressure to get his jumper a lot better.

Greatest coaches on the earth? I'm doubting that one. Besides, his head coach was an atrocious shooter for the majority of his playing career. I'm guessing Jason Kidd isn't turning on the pressure to get his jumper a lot better.

Kidd is 5th on the all time 3 pointers made list. A big part of that is that he played forever, in an era where the 3 became a bigger and bigger part of the game. But he also came a long way from his "Ason Kidd" early days.

Kidd is off to a fantastic start as a head coach though.

4-16 is about right for melo. You're going to see alot more of those than 15-25s

take note, melo shot 10-27 from the field and his FG% went up. That is impressive.

take note, melo shot 10-27 from the field and his FG% went up. That is impressive.

Take note: Melo shoots 44-46% every single season. Worrying about Melo making shots...LOL.

Take note: Melo shoots 44-46% every single season. Worrying about Melo making shots...LOL.

hell be lucky to hit 40 this year

I would guess Carmelo is basically going to have the same year he has every year, and we're talking about potential trades by the beginning of January.

Really? Over the last 9 years of his career, Kidd shot 37% from 3 after hitting at 32.5% for the first 10. He's pretty much a perfect example of someone who worked to improve his outside shooting

Really? Over the last 9 years of his career, Kidd shot 37% from 3 after hitting at 32.5% for the first 10. He's pretty much a perfect example of someone who worked to improve his outside shooting

Yes, and it took him a pretty long time in his career of working at it to get better. Which is why I said that Jason Kidd isn't putting pressure on MCW now to be a threat from deep.

I get the defense of Carmelo and I'm sure he'll bounce back, but if it takes him a month or so for a guy who missed a little more than half a season, how long is it going to take a guy like Coleman who's not nearly in the same physical condition as Melo and has missed almost 3 times the floor time?

I get the defense of Carmelo and I'm sure he'll bounce back, but if it takes him a month or so for a guy who missed a little more than half a season, how long is it going to take a guy like Coleman who's not nearly in the same physical condition as Melo and has missed almost 3 times the floor time?
Coleman will be ready by conference time. That's all that really matters.

Yes, and it took him a pretty long time in his career of working at it to get better. Which is why I said that Jason Kidd isn't putting pressure on MCW now to be a threat from deep.

it's also possible he realizes how much that shooting improvement extended his career and he'll get on MCW to work on it sooner rather than later

it's also possible he realizes how much that shooting improvement extended his career and he'll get on MCW to work on it sooner rather than later
Jason Kidd still could have played almost 20 seasons even if he never improved his jump shot.

Jason Kidd still could have played almost 20 seasons even if he never improved his jump shot.

He really turned into a spot up shooter the last few years of his career, almost completely one dimensional. Obviously we're straying from the point here but I don't know about that. He was always an incredibly smart player who moved the ball but in his final 2 years 80% of his field goal attempts were 3's.

It won't take him a month.

He really turned into a spot up shooter the last few years of his career, almost completely one dimensional. Obviously we're straying from the point here but I don't know about that. He was always an incredibly smart player who moved the ball but in his final 2 years 80% of his field goal attempts were 3's.

Yeah his last 2 years at NY he almost shot everything from behind the arc.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom