Melo vs. MCW last night | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Melo vs. MCW last night

Going to MSG this Friday to see the Bucks vs. Knicks... getting less excited with each passing game with the way Milwaukee looks so far this year. At least Giannis should be fun to watch, but outside of him and Monroe, the rest of the team has been a trainwreck. Gave up 106 and around 20 offensive rebounds last night and it was by far their best defensive game of the 3 games they've played so far...

Take note, Melo shot 11-18 and had 37 points tonight.

take note he went 4-17 tonight. did he lose his recently found legs?

I dont like his game in the NBA. He is a selfish player who does not make anyone around him better. All I ever hear from the Melo apologists is how bad his teams are. Weird how his teams are always bad. Must just be coincidence that he's on them.

I dont like his game in the NBA. He is a selfish player who does not make anyone around him better. All I ever hear from the Melo apologists is how bad his teams are. Weird how his teams are always bad. Must just be coincidence that he's on them.

Lebron was able to bring an awful Cavs team to the finals before he went to Miami and got trashed around here then. What's fair is fair, Melo does deserve some criticism during his NBA career. Some is fair, some is not but there needs to be some.

Awesome. We're doing this all year then. And you'll lose, badly.

Melo has taken 10 teams to the playoffs. He took the Denver Nuggets to the WCF. He took a horrid Knicks team to 54 wins ., their most in like 15 years. He is a surefire hall of famer.

Trashing Melo (one of the best scorers in the NBA for over a decade) when he shoots poorly. What a stupid agenda for anybody, let alone an SU fan.

Lebron was able to bring an awful Cavs team to the finals before he went to Miami and got trashed around here then. What's fair is fair, Melo does deserve some criticism during his NBA career. Some is fair, some is not but there needs to be some.

Melo is not Lebron. Trashing him for not being Lebron is stupid. Just because the stupid NBA fans on here were stupid about Lebron a few years back doesn't mean being stupid about Carmelo is the right move. Multiple stupids don't make a point less stupid.

The NBA talk on this board is largely stupid.

By getting drafter the same year, Melo is doomed to be compared Lebron the rest of his life.

By getting drafter the same year, Melo is doomed to be compared Lebron the rest of his life.

It's like knocking Barkley for not being Jordan. It's stupid.

The Melo criticism is ridiculous. Some of you need to watch James Harden. He's the definition of gunner and doesn't even try to play defense.

The changing of the guard on who the best in the world is coming, and everyone denies it because hes 6'3'' 180lbs, but we are getting close to Steph Curry being the best player in the world.

Melo has taken 10 teams to the playoffs. He took the Denver Nuggets to the WCF. He took a horrid Knicks team to 54 wins ., their most in like 15 years. He is a surefire hall of famer.

Trashing Melo (one of the best scorers in the NBA for over a decade) when he shoots poorly. What a stupid agenda for anybody, let alone an SU fan.
Apparently all of those wins and playoff appearances with Denver in a deeper Western Conference don't count. But they did make George Karl a rich man.

He shot poorly but found a way to get 19 points, by being aggressive and going to the line while going up against Kawhi Leonard. Melo won't face Kawhi Leonard every game. BTW, Leonard is the NBA Defensive Player of the Year. I feel like people aren't considering this.

The Melo criticism is ridiculous. Some of you need to watch James Harden. He's the definition of gunner and doesn't even try to play defense.

The changing of the guard on who the best in the world is coming, and everyone denies it because hes 6'3'' 180lbs, but we are getting close to Steph Curry being the best player in the world.
He already is.

He shot poorly but found a way to get 19 points, by being aggressive and going to the line while going up against Kawhi Leonard. Melo won't face Kawhi Leonard every game. BTW, Leonard is the NBA Defensive Player of the Year. I feel like people aren't considering this.

Yup. Between having the best defender in the league on him, and the Knicks PG situation, he didn't get many good looks at all.

As someone who is probably more anti melo than most on this board at least, to mention the 4-17 without mentioning that Leonard is a freaking beast (best wing defender since?) is kind of missing the point.

I still think Lebron is the best player in the game if you needed to win a game tonight, but there will probably be 2 or 3 guys who have a better regular season than him.

As someone who is probably more anti melo than most on this board at least, to mention the 4-17 without mentioning that Leonard is a freaking beast (best wing defender since?) is kind of missing the point.

I still think Lebron is the best player in the game if you needed to win a game tonight, but there will probably be 2 or 3 guys who have a better regular season than him.

FWIW Lebron apologists Chris Broussard and Stephen A are even admitting Steph is right on his tail...

FWIW Lebron apologists Chris Broussard and Stephen A are even admitting Steph is right on his tail...

If he's going to take 10 3's a game and make nearly half of them it would be hard to argue for anyone else.

He's amazing. I think over the course of 82 games he can help you win more than Lebron because he's younger and better equipped for the long haul of the regular season, but, well, switch Lebron and Curry in the finals last year, I can't see the Cavs sniffing even one game.

If he's going to take 10 3's a game and make nearly half of them it would be hard to argue for anyone else.

He's amazing. I think over the course of 82 games he can help you win more than Lebron because he's younger and better equipped for the long haul of the regular season, but, well, switch Lebron and Curry in the finals last year, I can't see the Cavs sniffing even one game.

I agree about last year, I'm thinking this year. Whatever Steph worked on with Nash over the summer has him on another level compared to last year. His defense is a lot better than he gets credit for to now.

I'm not taking anything away from what LBJ has accomplished, he's been great, but if Steph averages 30 in 80 games and Golden State wins 60 plus this year there's at least an argument, that we haven't had since probably Kobe was good in the late oughts.

It's early but if Golden State put's a hurting on the Clippers tomorrow I can see them getting close to 70, and they don't even have their coach on the bench yet.

I think Lebron wasn't the best player over the course of the regular season last year, and possibly the season before. (Durant was awesome, Lebron made a run at the end of the year if memory serves. But the 4 or 5 years prior to that there was no contest)

Anthony Davis is pretty damn incredible too. But just for me; I'm not going to be convinced anyone is better than Lebron over a 7 game series or a playoff run until I see it. Which may not be fair but when he turns it on I still don't see anyone who can touch him.

I think Lebron wasn't the best player over the course of the regular season last year, and possibly the season before. (Durant was awesome, Lebron made a run at the end of the year if memory serves. But the 4 or 5 years prior to that there was no contest)

Anthony Davis is pretty damn incredible too. But just for me; I'm not going to be convinced anyone is better than Lebron over a 7 game series or a playoff run until I see it. Which may not be fair but when he turns it on I still don't see anyone who can touch him.

I hear you and get what you are saying, part of that is Lebron, part of that is a product of the East. If he played in the West I don't think he would have the luxury of just turning it on when he needed to. His team would have the potential of losing pretty much in any round, and his team would need to win games in the Regular season just to ensure home court in the first round.

I hear you and get what you are saying, part of that is Lebron, part of that is a product of the East. If he played in the West I don't think he would have the luxury of just turning it on when he needed to. His team would have the potential of losing pretty much in any round, and his team would need to win games in the Regular season just to ensure home court in the first round.

Yeah there is definitely something to that. Might have been harder for him to take the 2 or 3 weeks off like he did last year.

Melo is not Lebron. Trashing him for not being Lebron is stupid. Just because the stupid NBA fans on here were stupid about Lebron a few years back doesn't mean being stupid about Carmelo is the right move. Multiple stupids don't make a point less stupid.

The NBA talk on this board is largely stupid.

Nobody is trashing him for not being Lebron. Melo is a scorer and not much else, everybody on here says how great he is on defense and passing but if you add everything people mention about Melo on this board you would think they are describing Lebron.

At least your consistent with the reading comprehension with the rest of the board, read my post again and tell me how I "trashed" him. I even said in my post that a lot of the criticism is unfair. I didn't say one thing that wasn't out of line nor untrue. Read it again.

Wow, what a thrashing I did to Melo!

what does being an SU fan have to do with it? Im not one of those fans that twists reality to fit what I would like to be the truth. Taking teams to the playoffs in the NBA is no big accomplishment, half the teams make it and in the eastern conference you dont have to even be 500 to get there. One conference final in a career is a pretty low bar to set for greatness. Melo is a volume scorer and he's talented as far as scoring points and he is decent on the boards. He could have been so much more but chose the dark side.

what does being an SU fan have to do with it? Im not one of those fans that twists reality to fit what I would like to be the truth. Taking teams to the playoffs in the NBA is no big accomplishment, half the teams make it and in the eastern conference you dont have to even be 500 to get there. One conference final in a career is a pretty low bar to set for greatness. Melo is a volume scorer and he's talented as far as scoring points and he is decent on the boards. He could have been so much more but chose the dark side.

He's had a hall of fame career and is still going strong. I guess you missed the complete point about conference finals...he took the DENVER NUGGETS to the conference finals. In the West. Not easy. It's a big deal.

As to your "don't even have to be .500 to make the playoffs"...how many times was that the case with Melo?

Scoring champ.

Perennial all star.

Future hall of famer. He's had a great career. "Chose the dark side"...so ridiculous.

Nobody is trashing him for not being Lebron. Melo is a scorer and not much else, everybody on here says how great he is on defense and passing but if you add everything people mention about Melo on this board you would think they are describing Lebron.

At least your consistent with the reading comprehension with the rest of the board, read my post again and tell me how I "trashed" him. I even said in my post that a lot of the criticism is unfair. I didn't say one thing that wasn't out of line nor untrue. Read it again.

Wow, what a thrashing I did to Melo!

Speaking of reading comprehension...I wasn't accusing you of trashing him. I was speaking generally. If the shoe fits wear it, if it doesn't then don't. But I wasn't talking about you.

Speaking of reading comprehension...I wasn't accusing you of trashing him. I was speaking generally. If the shoe fits wear it, if it doesn't then don't. But I wasn't talking about you.

You were quoting my post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom