Memo to the pathetic UConn fans cheering our loss | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Memo to the pathetic UConn fans cheering our loss

uconn was a flash in the pan- even florida has stayed a contender year in year out They won their 3rd title in one of the weakest ncaa tourney's ever.. in ten years they will still be stuck rooting against us... the new aac wont even be as good as the old conf usa- so you can forget getting memphis treatment.

uconn was a flash in the pan- even florida has stayed a contender year in year out They won their 3rd title in one of the weakest ncaa tourney's ever.. in ten years they will still be stuck rooting against us... the new aac wont even be as good as the old conf usa- so you can forget getting memphis treatment.
interesting take. I think they could have stayed a big time program if a major conference would have held their nose and taken them.

Which conference maintains their automatic NCAA bid, new BE or AAC?

They both will still have one. Next year there will be 32 auto bids and 36 at large.

interesting take. I think they could have stayed a big time program if a major conference would have held their nose and taken them.

Thanks for calling us a big time program.

It is far from the stupidest thread in the history of the forum. I went around the forums and was surprised at the hate that came from the UConn board. Yes I realize that it is really hate directed at themseleves for dropping to mid major status. But still. I felt it had to be pointed out that when we vote against them if they are ever considered for the Big leagues, they will have no one to blame but themseleves.

Uconn fans are but you act like you have a vote. How do you know su admin will deny them? It's incredibly bad karma to mock their situation. Lets be humble and hope our admin continues to make the right moves going forward. One of the travesties of conference realignment is the northeast schools aren't united. Northeast has highest populations. Why shouldn't it have a strong conference. My best hope is that someday penn state cuse Pitt uconn Rutgers bc wvu Maryland all get together and say all the bullshit, lets do what makes sense.

Uconn fans are but you act like you have a vote. How do you know su admin will deny them? It's incredibly bad karma to mock their situation. Lets be humble and hope our admin continues to make the right moves going forward. One of the travesties of conference realignment is the northeast schools aren't united. Northeast has highest populations. Why shouldn't it have a strong conference. My best hope is that someday penn state cuse Pitt uconn Rutgers bc wvu Maryland all get together and say all the bullshit, lets do what makes sense.

If the BCS wasn't getting thrown out in a year. I wouldn't be surprised that that conference didn't receieve an Auto-bid into BCS games. Aside from Penn St, that's a pretty mediocre football conference right there.

If the BCS wasn't getting thrown out in a year. I wouldn't be surprised that that conference didn't receieve an Auto-bid into BCS games. Aside from Penn St, that's a pretty mediocre football conference right there.

The list of schools at the end is never going to happen and not saying the conference ends with those teams. Just saying I wish it was more geographically based and there was a strong ne conference.

Anyways, The real point of my post is we shouldn't act like we're the decision makes in conference realignment and we shouldn't cast stones at those currently left out. However for all the uconn fans rooting against cuse, I could give two shits.

In honesty, I would prefer to keep UCONN out of the ACC strictly because of football. I never see thier football team actually catching on. Especially with PP as the coach.

Go read the UConn board. they aren't in to northeast unity.

Which conference maintains their automatic NCAA bid, new BE or AAC?
Pretty sure I read both do, since they both have a certain number of teams that played in an automatic bid league the previous year. Can't quite remember if that's the exact reason, but I'm pretty sure I read they both get one.

EDIT: apologies to kirbivore. Serves me right for not reading the entire thread before responding.

Thanks for calling us a big time program.
Your welcome. It really is a shame what has happened to you. I wish there was something I could do. Oh well. I can't.

My thoughts: I'd rather have UConn in our league than not. Unless ND goes all in I don't see it happening. There is some logic in UConn getting a B1G invite...I think the B1G will realize you need UConn to help solidify the Tri-State Market. However, I think the B1G is trying for bigger fish first.

That said time for us to move on with the ACC and time for them to figure out their new conference...we left them a huge divorce settlement so I don't feel sorry for them at all.

My thoughts: I'd rather have UConn in our league than not. Unless ND goes all in I don't see it happening. There is some logic in UConn getting a B1G invite...I think the B1G will realize you need UConn to help solidify the Tri-State Market. However, I think the B1G is trying for bigger fish first.

That said time for us to move on with the ACC and time for them to figure out their new conference...we left them a huge divorce settlement so I don't feel sorry for them at all.
The B1G is not going to take UConn. Pipe dream. The ACC is the only hope. And that isn't good news for them.

The B1G is not going to take UConn. Pipe dream. The ACC is the only hope. And that isn't good news for them.

Wouldn't be so sure. Agree w Texan mark. Big ten took Rutgers. (I know comeback to this post will be about TV sets). If this "bigger is better" theory ends up correct then acc slept on Rutgers and uconn.

I have no problem with UConn fans cheering against us. They should cheer against us. Frankly, I would lose respect for them if they cheered for us.

A little humility would be nice. In a few years UConn - Quinnipiac could be the biggest rivalry in the land.

See above post re SU's ACC vote. I'm beginning to see BC's logic.
But doesn't matter to you guys because you're going to the SEC right? Or is it the Pac 12 this week?
I think both of those conferences are fighting over UConn as I write this... :)

There is no way the ACC ever takes UConn unless there are massive changes and the league is on life support.

Hey UConn,

All the major conferences are drooling over the chance to play in that high school gym of yours, Gambel Pavillion. No worry, E Carolina, SMU, and Tulane will love it, and will feel right at home. As for us, hope we meet again in the tournament in the 2/15 game. That's if we have an off-year and don't make a one seed. I think your conference should be able to avoid a #16 seed. You will need to win your conference tournament to qualify for the dance, however.

storz st is finished. theyre useless.

the b1g will NEVER take them. their alumni will just have to miss out on going to western ct every other fall.

same with the ACC. we got boston, why do we need wct??

they either stay right where they are, or they pray the bevo wants to go east.

again. lets make no mistake...FN USELESS.

Oh Lord

The number of threads on their board involving Syracuse is comical. I mean obsessive comical. Stalker like.

fans remind me of the spoiled kids who keep needing reassurances that they are relevant so they all rally around each other and have this huge circle jerk and pat each other on the back.

F them. I hope they rot into the depths of hell and never return.

The number of threads on their board involving Syracuse is comical. I mean obsessive comical. Stalker like.

fans remind me of the spoiled kids who keep needing reassurances that they are relevant so they all rally around each other and have this huge circle jerk and pat each other on the back.

F them. I hope they rot into the depths of hell and never return.

come on marsh tell us how you really feel..know you are holding back as not to offend our "friends"...

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

The same could be said of our board. We claim to not care about them anymore and yet we always seem to have a UConn thread going.

There is no way the ACC ever takes UConn unless there are massive changes and the league is on life support.

I agree. The ACC is so weak in football and its results have been so pathetic that any move it going to have to be football focused.

Let's face it, only Va Tech has worked out for them and maybe UofL. Other than that, the additions to the ACC have either been DOA or in the second decade of a "rebuilding" project or Miami.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom