Men vs boys | Syracusefan.com

Men vs boys

OrangeFoo

All American
Teams that are very physical, play D and have experience are going to kick our butt until we figure out how to stop it. I’m actually more worried about our D than the offense. Their point guard was tougher and stronger than anyone on our team and their perimeter players were all quicker than ours. So basically we were so much slower and weaker than ok state that our skill advantage couldn’t compensate.

Not to beat a dead horse, but as many folks have pointed out, the only player on this roster who would start on a typical Cuse team is Hughes. This is the result of years of recruiting misses. I don’t see any quick fixes until we find out who the next HC is either.

The one positive I saw tonight is that Edwards, Goodine, Guerrier have closed the gap on the starters... even Braswell looked ok. What’s interesting is if I were to pick our most athletic lineup it would probably be Hughes, Goodine, Guerrier, Sidibe, Braswell. At the start of the year three out of the five looked lost on the court, but that was not the case today. If we are going to get bullied all over the court I would love to see these guys get more time.

In my opinion if this team gets stuck in half court games it’s going to get beaten more often than not. We need to increase the pace tenfold to have a shot and I think playing 9 would help that happen, especially if the difference between 2 through 9 isn’t that big.

I hate to admit it but I think we are in for a long rebuild here... someone needs to come in and turn the roster over. Unfortunately it seems like we are about three years away from seeing that happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom