Merged threads on Paterno being fired | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Merged threads on Paterno being fired

This is the only move Penn State could have possibly made. I expected it after his presser this morning, where he suggested that he would retire at the end of the year.

Ok lets take some transfers and recruits, no way they make their transfers sit out a year based on the madness.

The PSU president gets the boot as well.

Finally some rational decisions.

What about the recruiting coordinator?

Any video of riots or anything?

Are they looting the Food King yet?

Remain calm, all is well.
allwell.jpg

Any video of riots or anything?

The comments to the thread on Black Shoe Diaries are incredible. Multiple people calling on the students to burn down the campus.
http://www.blackshoediaries.com/201...rustees-press-conference-open-thread#comments

"The campus can burn as far as I'm concerned, The Board of Trustees deserves it"

"Burn state college burn. Please."

and the winner...

"Burn the homes and burn the businesses! Joe built the team, Joe built the community, and Joe built state college as a business center. If Joe must go, the so should everything he built. THIS IS BULLSHIT!"

This is shameful and I don't think I will ever forget these rioting students cheering JoePa and Rioting against his firing.

Seriously were is this show of emotion and caring for these children.

The comments to the thread on Black Shoe Diaries are incredible. Multiple people calling on the students to burn down the campus.
http://www.blackshoediaries.com/201...rustees-press-conference-open-thread#comments

"The campus can burn as far as I'm concerned, The Board of Trustees deserves it"

"Burn state college burn. Please."

and the winner...

"Burn the homes and burn the businesses! Joe built the team, Joe built the community, and Joe built state college as a business center. If Joe must go, the so should everything he built. THIS IS BULLSHIT!"

I hope they do. Cuz if that happens PSU is done as a school and done forever in athletics. They will be D1AA over night. They will fall out of the Top 100 schools overnight.

still sickening and just getting worse...there was a candlelight vigil for the victims planned for 10pm to 1am tonight on campus - how i wish CNN would show that...BOT did not control the press conference appropriately, professional media were embarrassed by stupid "homers"...and ultimately noone realizes why Joe doesn't get to set his own terms...the quote about Joe building the town show you all know he is the most powerful person in Happy Valley. PSU will only be able to get past this if it is made clear that the football program does not run the university. Joe's press release about retiring forced their hand. He finally lost a power struggle after all these years.

And if he really cares about the school, he'll have his son tweeting like crazy to try and save his beloved PSU from more bad press tonight.

CNN will be at Beaver Ave. soon.

Just posted it might be on ESPNN too. Their local media is saying Paterno out and Bradley in as Interim.
boy did I have that one wrong - I didn't think anyone there had the guts or a soul and he would be allowed to finish out the season/career

this is the kind of thing I like being wrong about

I think my Twitter just exploded.

I'm waiting for a we are...child molesters chant to break out at this "riot"

I think my Twitter just exploded.

I'm waiting for a we are...child molesters chant to break out at this "riot"

A couple of PSU grads follow me on Twitter and they just ripped into me for tweeting "small measure of justice in a horrifying situation".

These people are totally ing insane.

A couple of PSU grads follow me on Twitter and they just ripped into me for tweeting "small measure of justice in a horrifying situation".

These people are totally ******* insane.

The reaction by PSU alums/fans is shocking and disturbing. It truly is.

The reaction by PSU alums/fans is shocking and disturbing. It truly is.

A PSU friend actually asked how could I villify someone with so few facts known.

I mean...