Merged threads on Paterno being fired | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Merged threads on Paterno being fired

The reaction by PSU alums/fans is shocking and disturbing. It truly is.
I can not comprehend it. It's one thing for 18-20 year old students to do what is "cool" to do on campus at the time and not know any better. But for the alumni and other supporters who are older to be acting in this way makes no sense to me, especially those with children.

A PSU friend actually asked how could I villify someone with so few facts known.

I mean...

I'm not sure how you even respond to that but just shake your head. No words. Everybody should be on the same page on this one -- EVERYBODY

I'm not sure how you even respond to that but just shake your head. No words. Everybody should be on the same page on this one -- EVERYBODY

The facts we do know show that Joe Pa should have been fired. I am sure there are additional facts that say Joe Pa should get the chair.

This is what happens when people and schools don't teach their kids right from wrong, when morality is taught to be relative and when kids are taught that one's "reality" can not be challenged because, after all, who is to say what is right or wrong.

That concludes my grumpy old man outburst for the day. Thank you.

The facts we do know show that Joe Pa should have been fired. I am sure there are additional facts that say Joe Pa should get the chair.

Yup, He knows a lot more -- a lot.

Wow did anyone else just see him say "pray for those kids"? No emotion...

Also mentioned he got let go by a telephone call. Sounded sarcastic. Oh well Joe.

This is what happens when people and schools don't teach their kids right from wrong, when morality is taught to be relative and when kids are taught that one's "reality" can not be challenged because, after all, who is to say what is right or wrong.

That concludes my grumpy old man outburst for the day. Thank you.

Joe Paterno is about as conservative Catholic as you get.

Also mentioned he got let go by a telephone call. Sounded sarcastic. Oh well Joe.

Do you think he realizes that there isn't a tiny little man in the device he holds up to his ear talking to him. He might ACTUALLY think the phone fired him.