Mess at Baylor continues to smell | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Mess at Baylor continues to smell

View: https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/735520100237770752

What, must be timing with the semester and his contract or something.

The school said in a statement Tuesday that it will make an announcement by June 3 regarding the findings of the Pepper Hamilton investigation. USA TODAY reports it’s unclear at this time whether the full report will be made public given that Baylor’s status as a private school shields it from Freedom of Information Act requests.

View: https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/735520100237770752

What, must be timing with the semester and his contract or something.

The school said in a statement Tuesday that it will make an announcement by June 3 regarding the findings of the Pepper Hamilton investigation. USA TODAY reports it’s unclear at this time whether the full report will be made public given that Baylor’s status as a private school shields it from Freedom of Information Act requests.
Maybe UVA's AD is also in charge of Baylor?

I didn't read this whole thread so I may have missed it, but I just realized that this is the same Kenneth Starr that investigated the Clinton sexcapades (Monica Lewinsky) , Whitewater and Vince Foster's death. So he investigated Clinton for getting a little on the side but allowed rape to happen on his campus.

Pretty brutal for Briles but as we know fairly well, the man on top is responsible for everything below. Unless you're a slick haired guy coaching b-ball within the borders of Kentucky, then you can do anything you want.

Okay, I'll be That guy: can we flip any of their recruits? The offensive players would know our system.

I mean it's not like he tried to posthumously pin a drug rap on a murdered player in order to cover his own ass, or anything.

So it was just a poor choice of words to say "Pretty brutal for Briles "?

Is it not a shitty situation for him that his career was just torpedoed because of what a few piece of players did. I'm certainly sure that he wasn't an active participant or condone anything that occurred. Were sure a lot of people nationwide that wanted Boeheim canned for boys possibly being raped by one of his assistant coaches.

Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what exactly they did?

At least 6 Baylor students have filed complaints against football players for rape and sexual assault. Little or no repercussions to the players in question... they just kept on playing.

At least six female Baylor students reported they were raped or assaulted by Bears football players between 2009 and 2016. What did the school do about this?

Almost nothing, according to ESPN's "Outside the Lines." Waco police hid some allegations from public view, Bears coaches declined to discipline the offending players and the school failed to support the alleged victims.

Is it not a shitty situation for him that his career was just torpedoed because of what a few piece of . . . . players did. I'm certainly sure that he wasn't an active participant or condone anything that occurred. Were sure a lot of people nationwide that wanted Boeheim canned for boys possibly being raped by one of his assistant coaches.
If the players did what they did and he handled it properly i doubt he would be out of a job.

At least six female Baylor students reported they were raped or assaulted by Bears football players between 2009 and 2016. What did the school do about this?

Almost nothing, according to ESPN's "Outside the Lines." Waco police hid some allegations from public view, Bears coaches declined to discipline the offending players and the school failed to support the alleged victims.
They say there might even be more of them covered up......
OTL: More police cases for Baylor football

Last edited:
If the players did what they did and he handled it properly i doubt he would be out of a job.

If that quote about the one player being accused 6 times is accurate then without question he should've been booted immediately. Would think 2 accusations would be enough even without being charged or anything further. School obviously denied that was the case as expected but that may have been the most egregious of any of the accusations I've seen leveled at any school.

I think the Cuse community should prepare to see HCDB name on every list of possible permanent replacements.

If that quote about the one player being accused 6 times is accurate then without question he should've been booted immediately. Would think 2 accusations would be enough even without being charged or anything further. School obviously denied that was the case as expected but that may have been the most egregious of any of the accusations I've seen leveled at any school.
I think it was six different women.

I think it was six different women.

Its 9 overall on Briles watch, but one of the victims said she was told that the one player had been accused 6 times himself. The university then told OTL that quote was false of course.