Mets 2019 Season Thread | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Mets 2019 Season Thread

I would warmly welcome Syndergaard and his “whiney”-“snowflake”-5.0 WARP to the Yankee rotation.

i wish he would put his skills together for a decent season and not just 1 game at a time

hopefully the DeGrom signing is a done deal and not for a crazy price either.

It still seems very weird to me that opening day is tomorrow.

And I think Thor was pretty much 100% right on his comments. The timing for all of it sucked. (Also: Players in general are frustrated with how free agency has gone, and we know he was frustrated Jake hadn't gotten paid yet. I think there's context to his comments taking shots at ownership)

It still seems very weird to me that opening day is tomorrow.

And I think Thor was pretty much 100% right on his comments. The timing for all of it sucked. (Also: Players in general are frustrated with how free agency has gone, and we know he was frustrated Jake hadn't gotten paid yet. I think there's context to his comments taking shots at ownership)
Maybe so, but to someone from CNY his comments on the surface came off more snarky and entitled. The Mets are probably the 3rd most popular MLB team in the area. His initial comments didn't help.

The Mets are probably the 3rd most popular MLB team in the area. His initial comments didn't help.
Give me a break. You really think the Mets or Chiefs lost fans because of his comments?

Give me a break. You really think the Mets or Chiefs lost fans because of his comments?
Did I say that, Donnie?

I think his initial comments didn't help them gain any new fans.

feels like something SU would do

D2iQSauU8AA3Nvq.jpg

Probably, smart to do it. I would not be surprised he was suggested to do it

However, my initial point still stands
I think the idea of either actions having an impact on fan interest is absurd.

Another Mets season upon us... crazy. This year is going to come down to three things:
- health
- how effective the bullpen is
- can they find 4/5 pitchers and is Wheeler for real?

Hopefully, the young bats actually show up and give the pitchers some margin of error so every pitch isn't a high-stress one.

I'm also not a fan of Callaway... he needs to get better period.

I will freely admit I disappeared from last year's Met's thread early in the summer. There was no use in beating dead horses. Hopefully, the Mets can contend this year.

Maybe so, but to someone from CNY his comments on the surface came off more snarky and entitled. The Mets are probably the 3rd most popular MLB team in the area. His initial comments didn't help.

He's been in Florida since early Feb. They went on a 3 hour busride on Monday across Florida for a meaningless spring game, then they fly up to Syracuse (flight was delayed 3 hours, no ones fault and they didnt know that at the time, but still) for a workout with minor league equipment and then directly to DC for opening day. Dude was frustrated he didn't even get one night in his own bed.

He's been in Florida since early Feb. They went on a 3 hour busride on Monday across Florida for a meaningless spring game, then they fly up to Syracuse (flight was delayed 3 hours, no ones fault and they didnt know that at the time, but still) for a workout with minor league equipment and then directly to DC for opening day. Dude was frustrated he didn't even get one night in his own bed.
He is 26 years old. He will earn a base salary of $6M playing a sport. Travel is part of the gig that goes with earning millions, having supermodel girlfriends, living in Midtown Manhattan and doing cameos on TV shows.

He is 26 years old. He will earn a base salary of $6M playing a sport. Travel is part of the gig that goes with earning millions, having supermodel girlfriends, living in Midtown Manhattan and doing cameos on TV shows.

And he did the travel. But this was definitely a bit of an odd situation to be in. He's still a human, he's still allowed to not like aspects of his job. And if you want to say you can knock him for doing so, fair enough I guess. It's not like he knocked the city specifically or anything, just the situation itself.

...Dude was frustrated he didn't even get one night in his own bed.

I'm not buying it - his criticism came across as some combination of uninformed and pointed, looking to take out a little deGrom-related front office dissatisfaction on some low-hanging fruit. Why do I think that? Because when the schedule was released last year, I find it hard to believe that any player saw four days in Washington and three in Miami to start the year and thought "Cool, I'll get to sleep at home in late March." If it weren't for Syracuse, it's my understanding that the club would've stayed St. Lucie until Wednesday and flown right to Washington.

I'm not buying it - his criticism came across as some combination of uninformed and pointed, looking to take out a little deGrom-related front office dissatisfaction on some low-hanging fruit. Why do I think that? Because when the schedule was released last year, I find it hard to believe that any player saw four days in Washington and three in Miami to start the year and thought "Cool, I'll get to sleep at home in late March." If it weren't for Syracuse, it's my understanding that the club would've stayed St. Lucie until Wednesday and flown right to Washington.
He was asked a question and he answered honestly, which is a breath of fresh air. Do fans really want players reciting the company line? It's not like Syndergaard launched a publicity campaign to trash the Syracuse visit. He was just answering a question.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom